ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What i'm up to...

Posted by johnhampson 

What i'm up to...
November 24, 2004 12:20PM
Funny, i was just thinking about posting an update and there it is, a "Whats up with John?" post...so heres whats up;

i just entered the studio last Saturday and began the recording of four songs..."The Best We'll Ever Be", "Welcome To...", "Brand New Me" and a new version of "The In Crowd" with about half new lyrics and a slightly different arrangement...so far, so very good...i'm working with some great people and it should be finished by late December...since this is essentially the beginning of an album for a "label i wont name until i get the go-ahead to finish" i wont be able to post the songs in their complete form, but i'll be creative...

i am playing an acoustic show on Dec 1 at Sacred Heart U. in Fairfield, CT while all you pooftas hang in NYC with Brian...rock on with your bad selves.

i am also finishing up another semester at school...learning is good...

hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving (Go Cowboys!) and i'll talk to you soon.

john

Re: What i'm up to...
November 24, 2004 12:27PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 24, 2004 12:27PM
wow...

First off. If john would play SOMEWHERE near home, then you know I would come. If its a choice between NYC's Bitter End and Connecticuts ANYTHING, you know that the Bitter End is going to win.

Especially since Brian owes me two beers. I guess I am a poofta? Not sure what that is. Must be a "dad" thing.

I will rock on with my bad selve.
November 24, 2004 04:06PM
mayyybe i will see the johnta (haha like poofta!) december 1. that will depend on my workload. boo school!! LEARNINGISBAD!
November 24, 2004 04:09PM
what, does this mean i can't rock on with my bad self?

phew, thank god i'm not a poofta.

you playing in ct during the semester = mint for me

happy tofurkey day and i'll see you next week.

*~katie~*
November 24, 2004 04:17PM
whaaat did i heard something about a label?
O.o

very coool John, is realy nice to know that u still making great music! i cant wait for December

Post Edited (11-25-04 09:27)

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

November 24, 2004 04:37PM
hahaha poofta. john needs to be my bffaeaeae.

that post was adorable, i could pinch the man's face.

john - wtf play my school
November 24, 2004 05:21PM
poofta.

by this point, this new word is already feeling played, but i couldn't help but type it.

one more time...

poofta!

(makes me giggle a little....)

gotta love the hampster ;o)

rachel......
November 24, 2004 08:09PM
The word 'poofta' is old skool english - used in the late 80's/early 90's over here in the UK. A poofta (to then change to simply 'poof') was used as another word for 'gay'.

Havnt heard that world in quite a while go John for that blast from the past!!
November 24, 2004 08:50PM
^ Indeedy.

November 24, 2004 11:58PM
You're recording Brand New Me? That makes me REALLY happy, man.

Poofta? Pfft. Silly Hampson, using British words to call us all gay.

~lori~
November 25, 2004 02:29AM
I wanna be a poofta

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
November 25, 2004 03:12AM
Its not like a profession you know! Though, if a kid said 'poofta' when their teacher asked 'what did they want to be when they grow up?', I think I'd die. Right there. In a fit of chronically insane laughter.

November 25, 2004 04:52AM
Hehe. It's funny watching you all use that word before knowing what it means. And ROCK ON new songs.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 25, 2004 04:59AM
u crazy brits, go smoke a fag
November 25, 2004 05:03AM
Haha.

Nice one.

Post Edited (11-25-04 14:04)
November 26, 2004 02:53AM
good luck with the recording john. cant wait to hear your new stuff. i think "brand new me" is perfect the way it is but if you can improve on it then defo go for it! new potential record label, thats great to hear man
November 28, 2004 12:36PM
Ah very nice, very nice.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 29, 2004 01:53AM
Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) is back to college as well, Harvard I guess... do rockstars suddently feel like they lack of culture???
November 29, 2004 01:58AM
Hardly. They've probably both just come to terms with the fact that music, as much as they have an underlying passion for it... doesn't bring in enough of the necessary 'green' to maintain a lifestyle. Or a family.

Kudos to them both for keeping their options open frankly. As much as the majority of us hate to admit, school is useful.

And I'd personally better go and hand in my project before I miss my submission deadline.

Funfunfun.

yawning smiley/

Post Edited (11-29-04 10:59)
November 29, 2004 03:08AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
November 29, 2004 09:28AM
funny you should mention Rivers Cuomo...i just read a bio on him and its either really interesting or really pathetic that all musicians who are products of the eighties have nearly the same life story...NOT to compare myself to Rivers, he is a genius and one of my favorite pop/rock/whatever writers...but, it is funny how so many of us grew up with nearly the same story...we were all "outsiders" who caught **** for not being cool, we all wrote 100's of bad songs and bad band names on our notebooks while we were supposed to be paying attention to the science teacher...we all grew our hair real long, then found religion (real music, that is), cut our hair and learned how to write songs...as far as school, no way i could get into Harvard...but, my motivation is not really money...i'm certainly not an English major just to make alot of cash because that doesnt happen for English teachers/professors...i'm in school because though it is said that "there are no second acts in Amerucan lives", i aim to prove them wrong...and like Elvis Costello says, "my aim is true".

john

November 29, 2004 10:32AM
john you never cease to amaze me. keep it up man. looking forward to the new stuff by the way

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
November 29, 2004 10:47AM
Whoa the weird thing is I know people like that in my school... and they could someday turn out to be mad famous.

~*Taylor*

~*wOOt!*
November 29, 2004 10:52AM
buddy up to us losers now......mad famous. you said it yourself

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
November 29, 2004 01:16PM
dude Rivers Cuomo is on thefacebook but u can only see his profile if ur from harvard... hah so i stalked him with my harvard friend this weekend... the weird part is, he lives on campus...
November 29, 2004 01:27PM
thats a tad sketchy

*~katie~*
November 29, 2004 02:22PM
So nice to hear something from John again. Good luck with the new album and the "can't be named yet" label. Hope that works out real well. And yay for more new music.
November 29, 2004 10:34PM
damn i made John hampson react to one of my comments, I feel so powerful... kidding... I think Genesis is right on the fact that money isn't the main reason... I totally understand John, Rivers Cuomo and all the others... as much as college breaks my nuts, I can't imagine myself living without it...
November 29, 2004 11:50PM
Hey John,
I WASN'T an "outsider" in school....maybe that's why I'm such a lousy writer??
Bring on the new stuff!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π