ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best Albums Of 2004?

Posted by Meelman 

Re: Best Albums Of 2004?
December 27, 2004 06:47PM
The Zutons: Who Killed The Zutons - Quality album, kinda kile The Coral but different.

Razorlight: Up All Night - Get with the times and realise this is good stuff whether you like it or not!!

The Music: Welcome To The North - It's a taste sensation!! Buy This Album!!

Apart from the indie scene and Green Day's new album the year has been pretty crap for music with lots of copies and fakes trying to rob me of my money!! No outstanding metal, punk, ska, rock etc albums that spring to mind straight away so it cant have been that good a year.

New Oasis album on the way though so soon all will be better!?!
December 27, 2004 08:30PM
Maroon 5 is more cheesy than my 23 bands except Hanson together, lol. Cheesy is not necessarely a bad thing, but if they start overplaying it, it is. Sunday Morning is a good song, She Will Be Fucked one of the worst ever.

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
December 28, 2004 12:32AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 28, 2004 07:19AM
HEY! Don't be dissin' my favorite song!

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
December 28, 2004 10:34AM
She Will Be Fucked? No offense but what are you, a prepubescent 11 year old boy? Genesis, cheesy means "of poor quality, rotten" according to my Webster's dictionary. And on your list I'd have to call Franz Ferdinand, Ash, The Killers, Keane and Hanson as "cheesy" at least in my eyes.
December 28, 2004 10:45AM
Hey! Ash have done some pretty cheesy stuff before (not that it isn't awesome), but "Meltdown" is as far from cheesy as "She Will be Fucked" is from dry wit.

December 28, 2004 10:46AM
I'll give it a try, I'm not sure if that's the one I heard.
December 28, 2004 10:59AM
Songs you may have heard from Meltdown are "Orpheus", "Clones", "Renegade Cavalcade", "Starcrossed" (the singles) and possibly also "Vampire Love" (which has been used quite a lot for TV trailers and suchlike in the UK)

I'm going to work on my list for 2004. I'm trying to leave it 'til the last minute, cause I keep hearing new things that blow me away. Like today, I got the new Morrissey and Secret Machines albums and both rock like Weebl and Bob on a poorly pilotted aircraft, so they're definitely going on there.

I might be one of the few people for whom 2004 has been a good year for music. There have been a slew of brilliant singles: Franz Ferdinand, Switchfoot, Busted, Green Day, Oceansize, Maroon 5 and the Music - to name just a few - have all released incredible songs.

And more importantly, there have been some amazing albums from the Manics, Easyworld, Hope of the States, Delays, The Open, Phoenix, Lostprophets and a tonne of others.

December 28, 2004 05:56PM
December 28, 2004 09:06PM
Well it's just too poppy, very commercial, that's what it is in "my dictionary". She will be fucked (yeah what a shitty tune, sorry) is imo the worst single of the year. On the other hand, Harder To Breath and Sunday Morning are somewhere at the top of that list.

Ash is not cheesy, at least Meltdown isn't. Franz Ferdinand and Keane started as indie and yes, now they became too popular, overplayed, commercial which is a bit dissapointing imo, but still it's not that cheesy as Maroon 5. The Killers is still indie, except from Somebody Told Me it's not poppy. Hanson is pop, so yes that's cheesy, but that's not always a bad thing.

December 28, 2004 11:07PM
Meelman wrote:

> Ash is not cheesy, at least Meltdown isn't. Franz Ferdinand and
> Keane started as indie and yes, now they became too popular,
> overplayed, commercial which is a bit dissapointing imo, but
> still it's not that cheesy as Maroon 5. The Killers is still
> indie, except from Somebody Told Me it's not poppy. Hanson is
> pop, so yes that's cheesy, but that's not always a bad thing.

That comment about Keane and Franz Ferdinand is ridiculous. How can an album turn from indie to commercial just because people like it? It's still the same 11/12 songs.

December 29, 2004 12:07AM
Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Live Bad News
Willy Mason - Where the Humans Eat
The Libertines - The Libertines
Interpol - Antics
The Bees - Free the Bees
The Delays - Faded Seaside Glamour
Morrisey - You Are the Quarry
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Iron & Wines - Our Endless Numbered Days
The Dears - No Cities Left
Tom Waits - Real Gone
Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell
Jesse Malin - The Heat
The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
N*E*R*D - Fly Or Die
The Mooney Suzuki - Alive and Amplified
Joanna Newsom - The Milk Eyed Mender
Ben Kweller - On My Way
22-20s - 22-20s
December 29, 2004 12:12AM
I 2nd The Streets - 4got all about that 1!!
December 29, 2004 01:17AM
December 29, 2004 04:42AM
> That comment about Keane and Franz Ferdinand is ridiculous. How can an album turn from indie to commercial just because people like it? It's still the same 11/12 songs.

No way that's not what I said! The BAND turned from indie into commercial, not the album. I mean the way they make their money at the moment... That's what makes the band commercial. Still not the music, which is not commercial at all. At least it wasn't written with a commercial purpose. That it's being overplayed is dissapointing, but that the bands now give concerts for a ridiculous amount of money is even more dissapointing.

Yeah well I forgot The Bees - Free The Bees. That's an amazing album! (btw, these are other Bees than the one at #2 in my list, lol)

December 29, 2004 10:27AM
I don't think that a band getting recognition is a particularly bad thing, unless they get too big for their boots and start ripping off their fans (like charging massive amounts for concerts, like you said.)

One thing that peeves me about Keane is that at the start of the year they promised everybody on their mailing list a free limited edition vinyl at Christmas, but I'm yet to see it.

December 29, 2004 02:39PM
thanks genesis, your list is pretty cool also. i agree whole heartedly about moving away from the music simply forced down my throat this year, i hope my list reflects that!!

and i think the death cab album is good enough to be listed in any years best albums!!
December 29, 2004 02:55PM
Ok, Mine are some were released in 2003 but i bought them in 2004
1 Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Default - Elocation
Chevelle This Type Of Thinking - Could Do Us In
Sum 41 Chuck
American Hi-Fi The Art Of Losing
New Found Glory - Catlyst
Sugarcult - Palm Trees And Powerlines
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Like Badnews
Shinedown - Leave A Whisper
Flogging Molly new cd forgot what it's called
Coheed And Cambria
Train - Alive At Last
Chevelle - Live From The Road
Godsmack - The Other Side
Jimmy Eat World - Futures
AFI
Greenday American Idiot
Coheed And Cambria
Default - Elocation

Mediocore cds
Good Charlotte Chronicles Of Life And Death
U2 How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
Pa Pa Roach - Getting Away With Murder
The Calling - 2
Earshot - 2
Simple Plan - Still Not Getting Any

Post Edited (01-02-05 03:19)

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π