ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The "End of the Year" Awards -- 2004

Posted by The Turkey 

The "End of the Year" Awards -- 2004
January 01, 2005 04:03PM
They're here, albeit a couple of days late. Ladies and gentlemen, voter turnout, much like the U.S. Elections this past November, left much to be desired... But here are the results of the poll conducted to determine the recipients of these honors for the year 2004...

Best Overall Poster
GENESIS! Narrowly beating out Katie in this category (only three votes were cast) you have been selected the best poster for the past year. Congratulations, Genesis, and may you reign for the next year justly and with much wisdom.

Most Improved Poster
SANNEN FROM BRAZIL! Congratulations! While most people thought you were an awful poster in the past, you have redeemed yourself greatly during the past year, elevating your status to "Tolerable" or maybe even "Good."

Next Big Thing
BRANDON! It has been decided that you will, indeed, be the next big poster on this message board, perhaps reaching such status as a Lori or Scott if you keep up your solid posting ways.

Most Over-Rated Poster
MIKE! Congratulations! You are nowhere near as good a poster as you, or anyone else, makes you out to be! You are delusional and sub-par.

Most Under-Rated Poster
SCOTT! While it may be true that you don't garner the recognition you ought to, you are one of the better posters on the board who deserves and warrants more attention that most posters, including our over-rated recipient.

Nicest Poster
KEVIN! BRANDON! It's a two-way tie and you two fine young gentlemen have been deemed the nicest members of this board. You're not overly mean and generally are congenial to all members. Keep up the good work.

Meanest Poster
MIKE! You're an *******! You're mean and you just might make baby Jesus cry. How could you make baby Jesus cry? You mean **************.

Coolest Poster
KATIE! It has been deemed that you are indeed the coolest poster on this message board. You're like a cucumber, and that's saying something. Congratulations on your sheer coolocity.

Funniest Poster
SKETCH! The people have voted and have decided that you and your British humor form the most consistently funny poster-age on the board. Way to be, Sketch, and please keep the material coming seeing as you won this category pretty handily.

Most Intelligent Poster
SKETCH! Everyone knows that to be very funny, you also have to be very smart and you fit both bills as you have been elected the most intelligent poster on this board. Your IQ is frightening.

Forum Dunce
WOOT! In the only sweep of the entire awards election, you have been elected the Forum Dunce! Congratulations! We would mail you an appropriate cap but are afraid you may not be able to open the package and place it on your head. But fear not, because in our minds you'll always be wearing one.

Most Creative Poster
SKETCH! You and your graphic-artistry and just general criteria have gotten you selected at the most creative poster on this forum. Perhaps you'll be a great inventor. Perhaps a writer. Perhaps a rambling bum. In any event, you'll do what you do creatively.

Forum Has-Been
CHRISTINA! Where have you gone? You once were a prominent poster but have now fallen into madness and obscurity. Shame on you. Shame!

Please Come Back:
CHRISTINA! The board still loves you and wants you to return to active posting! Where the hell are you? England's fun, but surely you've not moved there and taken up residence in a cave, have you?

Best Feud
MIKE VS KATIE! This feud spread over multiple threads and over many hundreds of posts, a bitter feud marked with blood, sweat and tears. Who was the victor in the end? That is left up to interpretation. But one thing is sure: this bloody war will go down in history as being epic.

Most Memorable Topic
2004 U.S. ELECTIONS! It was Bush vs Kerry vs a bunch of third party candidates no one but a few people knew or cared about. But it brought up many the thought-provoking post. Tempers flared, minds were captivated, and civil discourse exercised. In the end Bush won. But the question to ask is: Did it even matter?

Best Debater
MIKE! Congratulations, because you have been voted the poster with the most prowess when it comes to debating anything ranging from chocolate sauce to international politics. You might not always share a popular view, but present yours in a way that is deemed as the best, most effective.

Best Gimmick
BRIAN DESVEAUX! Your bumping of your own threads with such gems as "jagafgdfgkajfgafg" and "bumpfuckhos" has been been deemed the best gimmick among any of the board's posters. The fact that you're in the band doesn't hurt much, either.

Worst Gimmick
SANNEN'S USE OF "TEE!" It doesn't make any sense and, on the whole, is just a bother and painful to read. Why do you do it, you maniac?

Best Young Poster
SOFI! You're still barely a teenager but have been elected in a landslide to be the best among the youngest posters here on the board. If you hadn't said so, most folks here would have pegged you for someone who's at least 18. Keep it up.

Best New Poster
WOOT! After bursting onto the scene and facing a ruthless assault from a certain poster, you have solidified yourself as a regular here on the board, and one of the better ones as well, especially conidering you are new within the last year. Congratulations on this fantastic accomplishment.

Most Musical Poster
GENESIS! You're a rock and roll god and you're not even in the band. Your knowledge of not only only recorded music but also of music theory and playing instruments is unrivaled by anyone on the board. The guys want to possess your skill, and the girls want to get into your virtual rock star pants. Shred that axe.

Most Random Poster
SANNEN AND WOOT! Let's be frank, here. Most of the time no one knows what the hell it is that you're talking about, why you're talking about it, or what made you decide to start talking about it. You two are a hodge-podge of posts that often make people scratch their heads and simply go, "WTF?"

Most Helpful Poster
LOU! Why you don't wear a cape is beyond us, but you are far and away the most helpful of any of the board members. Either you're compiling old albums or DVDs of whole shows, or you're finding remote links to answer any question about anything that anyone on the board can have. You're like our version of the Yellow-pages or Green Lantern. And your assistance is appreciated by the board.
Re: The "End of the Year" Awards -- 2004
January 01, 2005 04:56PM
bravo

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
January 01, 2005 05:09PM
Mike, you are awesome. These were greatly humorous to read. You should be a writer. Congrats everyone!

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
January 01, 2005 05:15PM
I'm sorry, did I miss something?? Where's Lori's name up on there?! She by far deserves credit!
January 01, 2005 05:40PM
*blushes*

Oh Brandon, stop it. :-)

If you keep this up, maybe I'll let you beat me in Strip-O-Matic. ;-)

~lori~
January 01, 2005 05:48PM
That's the point! tongue sticking out smiley
January 01, 2005 05:50PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
January 01, 2005 05:53PM
Yes, you hear that everyone? Brandon gets beat by a GIRL! smiling smiley Gooooo Lori! And yes, Lori should be on at least one of these. smiling smiley

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
January 02, 2005 04:28AM
that was f-ing poetic, man... but i am a little sad that i didn't get an award. i suppose i'm not as eccentric as some of the award-recipients.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Re: The
January 02, 2005 05:15AM
Haha wow sweet.

Ooops maybe that was a secret. *keeps very quiet*

Post Edited (01-02-05 14:16)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
January 02, 2005 05:26AM
bravo to all

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
January 02, 2005 07:59AM
YAY!

that was exciting to read. good job, mike!

*~katie~*
January 02, 2005 09:34AM
Aw i didnt win anything lol =(

January 02, 2005 09:36AM
Who are you?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 02, 2005 09:50AM
i read here regularly, post seldomly but wow, mike that was amazing and quite enjoyable to read, if only all awards could be given out in such a fashion!
January 04, 2005 01:00PM
i feel like poop.........no one here appriciates me.....oh well

whatever happened to "Alexxa" and sofia....the origional one?

I may be back to post....who knows where lfe is taking me right now

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
January 05, 2005 02:56AM
I should feel smug. But mostly... just bemused. Because I've been away and have no idea when all this voting started and how in the name of all things pure and good I managed to swing 'most intelegent'.

Are you all mad, crazy, loons?!

Wait. I won. Therefore. Yes.

Harhar! (Bdum tsh)

January 05, 2005 08:57AM
WOW. All I gotta say was that was the almost highlight of my day. Cheers to Michael whom we all love dearly for doing that, youre the best. I would just like to start with my acceptance speech for Three, yes all THREE of my awards. First off I'd like to thank all the little people who allowed me to get where I am today, also Mike who brought me into the starlight of it all. I'd just like to make a shoutout to all my fav's on this board.... Kevin, Brandon, Mike, Sofi, Lou, SkEtCh, Heather, Katie, *muah!* kisses to all! *takes a bow* I'd also like to reach out a hand of congradulations to all those who also won awards, excellent job everyone they were all WELL deserved! And to all those who didnt quite make it... well, youre all great too. Cheers, Cheers.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π