ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody from Australia,New Zealand or L.A

Posted by Ben UK 

Anybody from Australia,New Zealand or L.A
January 02, 2005 09:41AM
i set off on my 4 month travels soon, just wondering if anyone can reccomend sum must sees?

Cheers amigos!
Re: Anybody from Australia,New Zealand or L.A
January 02, 2005 09:53AM
. . .

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 02, 2005 11:58AM
dude, you lucky bastard. that sounds like a kick ass trip (except for maybe the LA part, you could always detour that to like San Fran)

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
January 02, 2005 12:14PM
If you are on the east coast of australia...I defintely recommend staying at sanctuary at mission beach. Mission Beach is a quiet town with a beautiful beach. Sanctuary is awesome, you can stay in little huts in the middle of the rainforest. The people that own it are really nice too. They have a restaurant and bar in this almost completely open long house that has a gorgeous view of the beach. But you have to be into nature and holistic kind of living b/c even the food is very natural and all organic. It's awesome but you have to like that kind of thing.

*Edit* If you want to go sky diving, go to jump the beach right on mission beach. You land right on the beach and jump out over the middle of the ocean. It's an amazing view and the whole crew is cool. I got to jump with "Merv the perv"

Edit #2--hehehe. I haven't traveled in a while so I feel like I'm living through you. Also, go to Cairns it's about 2-3 hours from mission beach. It's has really touristy shops but the bars and clubs are awesome. That's where I spent new years eve two years ago. If you go to Cairns make sure you go to the Wool Shed. You can dance on the tables there it gets nuts.

Post Edited (01-02-05 21:21)

~MeLiSsA
January 02, 2005 02:38PM
Obviously if you're coming over to NZ you're probably wanting to see some nice scenery etc? If so you can't miss Fiordland national park in the South Island, there are heaps of tours every day. With that you'll get access to Queenstown, which is a bloody madhouse but has endless things to do if you're a bit of a thrillseeker. The West coast is beautiful, check out some of the glaciers along that way. Heaps and HEAPS of walking tracks to do, some take a week+, some a few days, some 30min. I'd suggest the week long tracks, they really do kick ass and it's soooooooo peaceful, just depends how much time you have up ur sleeve. Take the LOTR tour aswell if ur interested!
The North Island doesn't have as much lush scenery but has a few points of interest, rotarua's thermal activity is interesting, and theirs some good fishing in the Bay of Plenty...i'm not all that familiar with all the sights on the North Island. Check out Stewart Island aswell.

Hmmm yeah heaps of things to see and do but i'd be here all day if I was to write them all.

January 04, 2005 04:06AM
Cheers for all that guys, ill try and do as much of it as i can and let u no how i get on!dont go 4 a bit so if anything else pops into ur mind feel free to post!!!thanx dudes!

xx
January 05, 2005 05:37PM
January 05, 2005 05:37PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π