Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Worst Job

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Worst Job
January 29, 2005 07:52AM
What has been your worst job?

My creative writing class had a discussion about this. My personal worst was McDonald's.... haha. But some people in my class had much worse...

One of them worked for a place that puts up circus tents, and they had to pound the stakes into the ground... and it sounded like the thing was just huge, so it was hard to move, and hard to get it on top of the stake in the first place... and once you did, you wouldn't know if there were electrical lines in the ground you were pounding into, so you were risking hitting those. He said one person hit one and got zapped and couldn't feel his arm for the rest of the day.

Then another worked at a non-profit place that rescues wolves. They didn't have food for them, since it was non-profit, and so this guy's job was to go find road kill and gut it out... I would puke, it makes me sick to just see that stuff on the road.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
Re: Worst Job
January 29, 2005 08:07AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
January 29, 2005 08:33AM
i've never done anything bad.
i've never left/been fired. my village made a special job up for me to have in the summers and its chill. i get paid nothing, but hey, a government job looks great on your resume and i got mad connections now.

*~katie~*
January 29, 2005 08:35AM
January 29, 2005 08:37AM
hi my name is John and this is my friend Brian , our worst job was for this company named Sony

Post Edited (01-29-05 17:52)
January 29, 2005 08:46AM
January 29, 2005 11:49AM
haha i second the macca's people

lol

worst six months of my life

though i did last 4 hours in an accounting firm - that was total crap
January 29, 2005 01:13PM
I just got my first real job last summer as a landscaper. Mostly just grunt work but you get to work outside get a good tan and get in good shape.

plus it helps that it pays VERY well.
January 29, 2005 03:03PM
i lifeguard at a pool round here that pays me 9 bucks an hour to sit on the stand, get a tan, and blow my whistle every now and then to look like i'm paying attention

it's nice

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Tea
January 29, 2005 04:08PM
I was a busboy at a Bar and Grill on a Golf Course. It violated just about every health violation there is, not to mention labor violations. At 16/17 years old I worked quite a few 12 hour days (Most shifts were over 8 hours), served alcohol, often had to do some of the cooking, swept, mopped, vacuumed, washed every dish, cleaned all the bathrooms, stocked all the beer and hard liquor, made sandwiches, cleaned ashtrays, stocked the snack bar with Gatorade n' such all with a dolly because they said I wasn?t old enough to drive a golf cart, all for minimum wage ($6.75/hr) and very little respect. I kept a positive attitude, enjoyed working with my co-workers (Some of them), bought my girlfriend some diamond earrings, took her to Disneyland, and built myself a great computer all over the span of the Six months I worked there. One night during a party they were having (people would rent the place out for graduation parties, baby showers, B-Days, etc.), I had worked from 3pm to 1am and was supposed to clock out at 12 Midnight so clocked out at 1am and my boss said I had to stay and could not leave.... I refused to stay because I had worked my shift and more (10 hours), and was going camping the next morning at 5:30am and I hadn?t even started packing! She fired me the day I got back from my trip. I demanded my paycheck within 24 hours or I was calling the Labor Union and reporting them... They got it to me. The only job I?ve ever had.... I?m sure my next wont even compare to the horrors tongue sticking out smiley

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
January 29, 2005 04:17PM
I caddied for a short bit one summer, that was not a very fun job. Mostly cause the caddy master was an *******. I'll tell you all what the best money is though: Babysitting. Earlier this week got 8 bucks an hour for watching starship troopers while the little ones were fast asleep. One time I did have to sing one of em to sleep but wasn't that bad. The thought of me singing a two year old asleep is quite funny though, makes a good story too.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 30, 2005 01:33PM
KFC

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
January 31, 2005 02:54AM
K-Mart. almost six years running now.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
January 31, 2005 03:14AM
just turned 16 so never really had a job. but im going to work for this themepark this year.. i hope i dont end up in one of those huge animal costumes.

plus im gonna do some volunteer work at a venue (free concerts, backstage passes, hanging out with bands grinning smiley) wooo

January 31, 2005 12:18PM
mine today !!!!! 12 1/2 hr days suck

February 02, 2005 03:08AM
I had to dress up as a lynx at the womens world bowels championship, it was not fun. The people organising it phoned me the night before when I was out with my friends at a 20th birthday bar crawl, it seemed a fun thing to do after I'd had a few drinks.
However when I woke up the next morning the only thing I could remember about the convosation was where to meet, so I turned up not having a clue what I was going to do.
The wind was so strong that it kept making the giant head that I was wearing sway to the point where I couldnt stand still.
Then to top it off some strange Zimbarbwean (if thats how you spell it) women grabbed my arms and started dancing with me at the end!
Enough to say it wasnt one of the most entertaining days of life.
February 02, 2005 10:29AM
Kevin you make it sound so hott. I'm jealous.

Only job Ive ever had is a snowboard instructor and I loved that... great money, free snowboarding passes, and teaching kids to do the one thing I love most. Plus, it was a great way to pick up guys. Ever notice that good snowboarding girls are like non-existant? Yeah... 'cept me. ;-)

~*wOOt!*
February 02, 2005 10:35AM
Worst job I had was house painting. Paid well, but was hard ass work and I fell off the ladder so many times.
February 03, 2005 03:23AM
haha!!! good for you buddy!! thats great.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π