ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Brian says IPOD in one of his songs

Posted by Frogmush 

Re: Brian says IPOD in one of his songs
February 09, 2005 05:43AM
They aren't trying to replace CD's as a commercial alternative.

They are complimenting the medium by making portable music less volatile and largely sized; whilst keeping the quality of the audio at its optimum with a storage capacity that betters CD's.

The computer files support is a definite bonus though on the new HiMD variant.

February 09, 2005 05:44AM
How much do they cost? And I'm sure one has to buy some sort of converter or burner deal? Plus something to play them on?

$$$

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
February 09, 2005 05:59AM
Depends where you buy it and whether you want just a player or a recorder model.

Personally I'm looking forward to when they stuff these...

Into these...

Given the marked improvement on mobile phone camera picture quality, inbuilt capacity is growing. Soon, you won't need that seperate iPod for storing all your music and photos and assorted oddments. It'll all be on your 'moby'. Including a TV tuner no less.

The future makes me salivate...

February 09, 2005 01:33PM
i'm currently looking into the Creative Zen...i'm liking it. i need something that holds all my mp3s

my friend has a MD player and swears by it. it's nice, just more than i really need. i like the old school normal cds myself

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
February 09, 2005 01:38PM
My friend had a card for his phone and it held a ton o songs.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
February 10, 2005 04:13AM
ipods are bad ass, and apple is not the devil. you just dont want one because they have over 60% of the market share. i thought most people realized that all machines built today are based on apple computers. they make the first move, and everyone follows. the mouse, the GUI, the not-beige case, and now the mini... dont be stubborn, try one and you'll realize they are more stable and better designed. I dont even own one and i know that.

-Brian
February 10, 2005 04:47AM
I hate to piss on your bonfire there dude but Xerox invented the mouse. Apple nicked it. So Microsoft followed. Only the latter gave it a secondary button and scroll wheel.

Windows wasn't built to look pretty. It was built to have a function, hence why its extensive software library actually warrants buying the OS. The 'pretty graphics' have come later... as they should do; and the 'beige casing' has got nothing to do with Microsoft.

Macintosh systems are not only just as unreliable and unstable, but they are also extortionately priced aswell! And you just wait until you need spare or replacement parts. I can just nip to PC World. Maybe its different in the States but here you have to pay labour costs and send the damn thing away to a warehouse for repair if God forbid your precious Mac plays up.

I reluctantly use them in the Animation Studio here all the time. They are trendy, elitest lumps of plastic shite that do not warrant their price tag.

I for one don't pay that much of my cash for something that first and foremost, looks 'pretty'.

February 10, 2005 04:50AM
I will admit that Apple have an eye for good design, but their whoring of lacklustre machines for extensive profit enrages me.

Take the iPod Photo for example. Whats the point? What. Is. The. Point?

All that storage capacity and not only have they not bothered to put a camera lense on the back of it, but it also cannot playback footage, and the quality of the colour screen is worse than a mobile phone!

Ooh. I can look at a slideshow of my pictures. Here Mr. Appleman, here's all my money.

Ungh.

Post Edited (02-10-05 14:05)
February 10, 2005 07:24AM
Sketch I agree but me daddy bought me one way. Uhmmm so has anyone seen that new commercial of that phone/camera/music player? It looks soo decent and its a wicked commercial too. If I remember correctly there was this really hott guy... yeah...

~*wOOt!*
February 10, 2005 07:46AM
Most are phone/camera/music players these days.

Soon they'll be phone/camera/video camera/music/tv/storage and gaming devices.

Funfun.

February 10, 2005 08:12AM
*sigh* When did the world get so fucking materialistic?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
February 10, 2005 08:20AM
When humanity came along.

February 10, 2005 08:44AM
Hmph. The dinosaurs were *so* much better.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
February 12, 2005 01:01PM
How do actrices get thier armpits so non-hairy?

~*wOOt!*
February 12, 2005 01:30PM
my guess would be waxing...

daily...

*Ian*

Do something every day that scares you.
February 13, 2005 09:33AM
Nice Comment there w00t. hehe. Ok.. IPODS are excellent mp3 players, but hard drive players have their ups and downs.

Pros:

1. Capacity - The Largest storage mediums available

2. Multi Function - Many are used as portable hard drives etc etc.

Cons:

1. Weight - Ipods and all hard drive based players are heavy. Not heavy in a normal sense, but heavy compared to ALL flash based players. I would not reccommend an ipod for sports, excersizing, or any movement oriented listening experience.

2. Vulnerable/delicate - If you drop an Ipod, your also dropping a hard drive with spinning parts. Most hard drives (about 50%) will die or be damaged if you drop them while in use from a height of about 4 feet or more. I have seen sooo many ipods not working because of a drop. The Ipod itself not even having any cosmetic defects either.

3. Battery life - We all know Apple tries to promote long battery life, but lets face it, they die after time. Lithium Ion batteries are the best out there, but still need replaceing every soo often, and until recently, apple had no way of replaceing your battery. You still have to send it in and pay $$$ to get it replaced. My 3 year old 10GB Ipod that had 8hour battery life when i first got it has like a 1 hour life now. It costs 200 bucks to send it to apple and get it replaced.

These cons are very big issues that need to be addressed when deciding on which type of device to choose. I personally own 2 mp3 players. One flash based, and an Ipod... Depending on what im doing decides on which device i use. If I was going skiing or running or something, I'd use a flash based one. If i was jammin out in the hallways at school, I'd use my Ipod..

Nuff said

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
February 13, 2005 09:51AM
blah blah blah i love my i pod,but still sad over my lp loss.even though i still buy them,blah blah blah
February 13, 2005 12:08PM
you have an Awesome Ipod Brian....

Eric
February 14, 2005 08:41AM
no seriously I'm still wondering how they always look so smooth and hair-less.......

~*wOOt!*
February 16, 2005 08:49AM
I use my MP3 player. My Ipod broke lol. My friend during school set his text book on it and well you know the rest of the story. So now i use my MP3 discman or cd player i dont really like paying over 100.00 for a music player

February 16, 2005 08:58AM
no seriously I'm still wondering how they always look so smooth and hair-less.......

WAXING

OR maybe that nasty spray one hair removal stuff

*Ian*

Do something every day that scares you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π