ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anticipated 2005 Releases

Posted by NineDaysRulez 

Re: Anticipated 2005 Releases
March 10, 2005 06:40AM
I have to say, I'm not particularly hopeful about new 3eb. I thought "Out of the Vein" was amazing, but I get the feeling that Stephan's heart just isn't in it anymore.

Releases I'm looking forward too:

The Juliana Theory
Coldplay
The Unisex (hopefully)
Ash (possibly)
John Hampson (pleeeeease)

March 10, 2005 07:13AM
It's a sad state of affairs that I'll be the first to say this. But.

Ninedays?

March 10, 2005 07:17AM
you know something we don't, sketch?

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 10, 2005 07:39AM
No. I'm just anticipating it.

Post Edited (03-10-05 16:39)
March 10, 2005 08:45PM
glen phillips winter pays for summer is on the top of my waiting for list - we have only been waiting since 2001 for his next album far too long
March 11, 2005 01:31AM
headrush, with former splender lead singer and guitarist waymon boone, has just been signed to a label and will be releasing their first full-length album in june. one more great cd for me to pick up. huzzah!

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

March 11, 2005 01:41AM
Coldplay's new album 'X&Y' will be released on 6th June.

Their new single 'Speed Of Sound' is released on the 23rd May.

'X&Y' is the follow up to their 2002 album 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head'.

March 11, 2005 02:37AM
I've heard a demo of "Talk" from the new Coldplay album. Sounds pretty great.

March 11, 2005 02:57AM
I expect no less.

March 11, 2005 02:58AM
I wonder what "X&Y" means. Only thing I could think of is X and Y chromosomes so Girls and Boys. Any idea?

March 11, 2005 03:03AM
Thats what I would assume.

Though I had also considered the alternative 'Ex and why?', which would be the identifier of a relationship breakup.

Perhaps. It signifies both.

This information was only released today, so nobody really knows.

Post Edited (03-11-05 12:05)
March 11, 2005 03:40AM
yawning smiley) Coldplay are sending me a birthday present yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 13, 2005 03:28PM

here's my list of upcoming releases I'm all excited for:

Jason Mraz- "Mr. A-Z": got to hear some rough cuts from this and it's brilliant, so I can't wait to get a copy in my hands

Weezer- "Make Believe": I loved "Maladroit", I feel it was their best since the blue album. I think I'm the only person on earth that hates "Pinkerton", so I'm a little leary over this one supposedly sounding like that, but I'm keeping the faith that it'll be decent enough.

Glen Phillips- "Winter Pays For Summer": I actually have a copy of this one, but it won't be ut until the 29th. former leadsinger/songwriter of Toad The Wet Sprocket. his second solo record and first on a major label. it's quite possibly the best singer/songwriter album that's been released since the 70's. amazing writing. powerful voice.

Fiona Apple- "Extraordinary Machine": I recently got a copy of this from a friend (thank god itfinally leaked) and if Sony does indeed release this year, it's going to sell heaps of copies. brilliant, brilliant record.

Mark Kano- "Calling Saturn": Former Athenaeum lead singer. been waiting for this one to drop for awhile. he's been working on it with Mitch Easter in between touring with his band MG4. I haven't been able to nab any of the tracks but I hear it's pretty wicked material

and, as others have stated

The new Death Cab.

I just hope Atlantic doesn't screw them up.
March 13, 2005 03:37PM
el scorcho!
March 14, 2005 04:31AM
Oh yeah I'm hoping for the new =w= as well!! I heard 10 seconds of Beverly Hills and it really sounds like Mo' Beats which is great.

I also love Maladroit, it's their best imo, closely followed by blue and green. I don't like Pinkerton that much eiter, just like gravityaffected. There are some good songs on it, but Tired of sex, No other one and Why Bother are pretty much noisy **** imo.

Hey Brian, why don't you cover El Scorcho... that'd be fun :-)

Did anyone mention the new Nada Surf?

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
March 14, 2005 06:33AM
I am looking forward to the new Coldplay album, I only worry it wont be as good as A Rush Of Blood to the Head, one of the most amazing albums ever written. But still I am sure it will be as good. :-)

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
March 14, 2005 03:04PM
http://www.ozmafans.com/joe/bev_hills.wav

This link will give you a short preview clip of "Beverly Hills", the new Weezer single which should be out any time now.
March 15, 2005 12:15AM
That doesn't seem very Pinkertonish...

Discouraging...

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 15, 2005 03:01AM
I just heard "You and Me" by Lifehouse, finally. It's pretty good... it's not nearly as good as some of the ones on their first CD though. I think I will get the new one, nonetheless.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 15, 2005 10:53AM
yeah, i don't know what to think of that clip there. i'm worried, yet not... f-ing conflicted.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

March 15, 2005 12:00PM
Rob Thomas!!!

Matchbox twenty is the greatest band ever!

Nine days is also up there!

yeah...
March 15, 2005 12:21PM
So I heard the new Lifehouse CD. It's definetely an improvement on Stanley Climbfall, but I'm just not sure it'll have the same memorable songs like Everything, Take Me Away, Somewhere In Between, Anchor, Sick Cycle Carousel, or Hanging By A Moment.

March 15, 2005 12:42PM
The Beverly Hills clip sounds like the same uninspired stuff they've put out the last few years.

The rest of the album had better not follow suit. I don't dig the power chord guitar driven stuff.

I know the Blue Album was basically that, but it had an awesome FEEL to it, and Pinkerton was just so different it rocked.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 15, 2005 12:47PM
Someone put out this link on a Weezer chatroom tonight:
http://s8.yousendit.com/complete.aspx

Not Beverly Hills, nor am I very confident that it's Weezer, but at least you can entertain yourself with it.
March 15, 2005 01:02PM
Link doesn't work.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 15, 2005 01:29PM
If that clip from Beverly Hills is representative of the whole album then it's gonna SUCK. Damn that's discouraging.

March 15, 2005 01:57PM
I must say that clip was pretty nasty.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
March 15, 2005 02:44PM
Sorry the link doesn't work, I didn't put it up. My opinion of the clip of Beverly Hills right now is the same that I have of the Green Album: catchy, not displaying of talent, but something that I have no problem listening to. I'm ready for it to come out now, whether it's good or bad. I want new music.
March 15, 2005 03:32PM
Default's new cd which should be pretty good

TRUST companys new one i hope they can go 2 for 2

Taproot's new cd hopefully it'll be good

Lifehouse's new one

Audioslave

American Hi-Fi

March 15, 2005 03:50PM
oooooooo default. Good stuff.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π