Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anticipated 2005 Releases

Posted by NineDaysRulez 

Re: Anticipated 2005 Releases
March 16, 2005 07:30AM
For the ones that are already negative about the new weezer album:

- It's a clip of only 10 seconds.
- It's only the chorus.
- It'll be released as a single, by Geffen, so it will sound commercial, be prepared and don't expect anything else.
- Read more new at .com, where Karl said the album will be totally different and that the new album will be pretty complicated and not as shallow as this clip may sound.

Besides that, that clip sounds pretty damn good, I also liked the female voice: not too much of it, but it makes it pretty funny.

Post this image everywhere you can, in avatars, signatures, just everywhere
March 16, 2005 07:36AM
www.albumfive.com

There is a "new" (older mix though I think), 20 second clip of Beverly Hills available on this site. This link should work this time.
March 16, 2005 12:50PM
The longer clips would be great if they hinted at verses, but it's just the chorus two or three times.

Granted, it's a catchy chorus, but all of their recent stuff has been catchy. It's just been lacking in pizazz for me.

But I like the point about this being totally different and more complicated. I yearn for that.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 18, 2005 11:30AM
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0KNJTTJHEPAEJ16JUDVP7G8VNL

Beverly Hills
That's where I want to be
Livin' in Beverly Hills

Sweet guitar solos. Enjoy.
March 19, 2005 03:23AM
www.albumfive.com has the full length version of beverly hills now. fun song, but it's not true weezer. it sounds like an ok go song. voice opinions now.

Post Edited (03-19-05 12:25)

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 19, 2005 03:31AM
okay, i've listened to it a couple of times now. there's not much variation to the song, there's some random chick saying "gimmie gimmie" in the background, and rivers talks in the middle of it (thinking he's bono or something). oh yeah, and the subject matter is horrible. what happened to the alienated nerd rock? the tortured soul rock? the fuzzy guitars, matt sharp's goofy falsetto, rivers's voice cracking with emotion, acoustic guitars mixed with electric, the beauty of weezer?!?! ... i'm still gonna buy the fuckin' album.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

March 19, 2005 04:00AM
Regarding the song, it is growing on me and I have found myself singing it lately. The guitar solos are pretty sweet, I could probably do without the talkbox? effect on the first one. Yeah, it's not your normal Weezer, but I have no doubt that we will see more of what we're used to on the album itself, which comes out May 10.
March 19, 2005 04:57AM
I have to say, it is by no means classic Weezer but I am fucking liking this song. It's better than half the stuff they've done lately, and the band has said time and time again this is by far the worst song on the album and is to please the mainstream masses which leaves me quite hopeful for the rest of the album. I doubt they'll return to their prime like on Blue, but it should be great.

March 19, 2005 06:31AM
i don't know, i think that maladriot as a whole sounds better than this. it's more layered. it has more going on. yes, beverly hills is catchy and fun, but it is weak. maladriot is weak, but not as weak as this song. shitt, i think i prefer the green album to beverly hills (never thought i'd say that). but we'll see how the rest of make believe is.

and weezer was never about pleasing the mainstream masses before. the corporations have gotten to them. they are saying how they want to live in beverly hills after all.... such superficial shallow lyrics. ugh.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

March 19, 2005 09:48AM
I've listened to it a few times now. I don't like it much. Definitely doesn't sound to me like it's gonna tear up the charts. How do they go from El Scorcho as a single to this?

It's got more quirk to it that some recent stuff, but it just sounds like an uninspired effort.

I think I like Dope Nose better than this.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 19, 2005 09:51AM
I've listened to it a few times now. I don't like it much. Definitely doesn't sound to me like it's gonna tear up the charts. How do they go from El Scorcho as a single to this?

It's got more quirk to it that some recent stuff, but it just sounds like an uninspired effort.

I think I like Dope Nose better than this.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 20, 2005 03:29AM
People still refering to Blue and Pinkerton should be locked up in a very, very small room, go listen pinkerton until they die and just shut up. God damn it's about 10 years ago, it's pass?, deal with it.

Now we have Green, Mal and the new stuff, which are all great in it's own way. Some is even better imo, but that's just musical preference. It's 2005 now and Rivers and Weezer have changed. Just deal with it or look for other music.

March 20, 2005 04:51AM
okay, i'll look for other music because weezer has sucked since pinkerton. they had their own sound and now they sound like poppy arena rock. if the past is the only thing that's good, the past shall be referred to.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

March 20, 2005 04:57AM
oh, and i can imagine simple plan singing those fuckin' lyrics. damn are they juvenile.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

March 20, 2005 06:42AM
Eric from Wisconsin speaks the truth.

I love for a band to change their sound. Every Matthew Good album sounded different from the last. Every Springsteen album sounded different from the last.

I don't want another Pinkerton, I want something different. But something good.

What I'm seeing in Weezer right now is like what I saw in Blink 182. They put out a good album in Cheshire, a great album in Dude Ranch, and then their music regressed. It became much simpler, less emotional, and a hell of a lot more juvenile.

Rivers' lyrics have always been tongue in cheek and that's what was great about them. This, though, is just silly.

I still hold out hope for the new album. This is, after all, just a single that's been admitted by the band as not being too strong (that in and of itself is a problem... why bother putting out songs you don't like?).

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 20, 2005 05:37PM
One word: Geffen.

And the lyrics aren't silly at all, they are just true and pretty funny.

March 20, 2005 08:19PM
It reminds me of "Joker" by the Steve Miller band, in the style of "Hash Pipe"

March 21, 2005 03:00AM
A lot of these already mentioned:

Lifehouse - Awaiting stock on my order, looking forward to it coming sometime this week, hopefully

Goo Goo Dolls - Oh yeah

Jason Mraz - Didn't realise he hada new one coming out, it'll be good to hear

Dopamine - It's out, I just need to get it

Dishwalla - As Above

Porcupine Tree - Out next week, can't wait to see them live. And with Anathema supporting too. Super.

Genisis dude: I preferred Lightbulb Sun to In Absentia, I liked the first 5 on IA then I felt it drifted away a bit. Just my opinion anyway.
Blackfield are amazing too whoever mentioned them.

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
March 21, 2005 03:03AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 21, 2005 07:07PM
G4!!! ;o) and its really good.

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
March 22, 2005 12:26PM
"Man, I love 'Lightbulb Sun' to death too. I just loved that they took a whole different direction with 'In Absentia', and I had to give it the edge because of 'The Sound of Muzak' and 'Trains'."

The Sound of Muzak is pure brilliance. But I definitely prefer Lightbulb Sun as a whole album. I'd struggle to choose one of their songs as a favourite.
I've managed to find the new album, the first single, Lazarus, is great. Mellotron Scratch sounds quite good, unsure about Deadwing. That's all i've listened to so far. I shall definitely be buying it when it comes out, I hear it's been delayed until the 4th too. Are you going to see them on tour?

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
March 22, 2005 07:15PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 24, 2005 02:18AM
For those concerned with Weezer's 5th album, coming out May 10, read this and maybe you will feel a little better.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7207628/weezer?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1111613190795&has-player=true&version=6.0.11.847

Quotes:
The probable second single, "We Are All on Drugs," has a pop-metal vibe that evokes Def Leppard... the power ballad "Peace," sound like autobiographical dispatches from a troubled soul: "All these problems in my mind/Make it hard for me to think," Cuomo sings in a quavering voice over acoustic-guitar strumming...

"We didn't ever set out and say, 'Let's do a mixture of Pinkerton and the Blue Album with some Maladroit guitar solos,' " says guitarist Brian Bell. "But I think it sounds like that, because that's what we are."

Have no fear, it looks like this will be the Weezer we all love, according to this article.
March 24, 2005 03:30AM
A mix of Blue and Pinkerton with Maladroit guitar solos...

I must say, that sounds like it'd be a good time.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
March 24, 2005 03:37AM
well, there's a little hope then.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

March 24, 2005 06:09AM
Has anyone gotten Lifehouse? My friend did, and I'm sort of glad I didn't. It's very typical Lifehouse, which is, in my opinion, good music, but a lot of the songs sound alike, and sound like their past stuff. On another note, Jason Wade is hot.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 24, 2005 01:40PM
The new Lifehouse is alright, it's better than Stanley Climbfall but worse than No Name Face.

March 24, 2005 03:20PM
I dunno... there's actually quite a few songs from Stanley Climbfall that grew on me, and Spin is still one of my favorite songs... I think I'd call them about the same.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 24, 2005 09:44PM
I hate the fact =w= are spreading facts about the new album sounding like blue and pinkerton... people will get expectations and will be dissapointed after all. They must forget about blue and pink, damnit it's been 11 and 9 years ago =/

March 28, 2005 03:21PM
it's official: new foo. "in your honor". coming in june. be there.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π