Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Nine Days cd REQUEST! ( pleeease!)

Posted by Sannen (Brazil) 

New Nine Days cd REQUEST! ( pleeease!)
March 14, 2005 09:59AM
Hey Brian, hey John, hey Vinny, hey Nick...and maybe hey Jeremy :-P

i know Brian and John are very busy now with their solo career...
John is recording his new cd with a "secret label" hehehe and Brian is allways with a new song up there...and working hard on shows.

BUT after that...
can we fans...wait for something new? some NINE DAYS new stuff? a new cd maybe ?
i know its a little bit crazy...but i have been missing Nine Days a lot...i mean NINE DAYS THE BAND! not one or two of them...
and i think im not the only one. :/

I know its a little bit early to think about a new ND cd because Brian and John are working hard on their solo projects...or solo experience (how John says :-P ) but i would like to know only if on the fuuuture...

u guys should re-record some old stuff...
Tuesday Morning, Too Much Love, Self Easteen, Nobody... (DAMM! IM SEARCHING RIGHT NOW AND I LOST ALL THIS STUFF ON MY COMPUTER! can someone send me? [email protected]) thx smiling smiley )
anyways...just a idea...

sooo...
thats all...
i would be realy thankfull if the band members answer it. (u are allways online Brian! comon! :-P )

cya

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

Re: New Nine Days cd REQUEST! ( pleeease!)
March 14, 2005 11:43AM
don't hold your breath. wishful thinking is fun, though.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
March 14, 2005 12:09PM
Yeah, not happening.

Although we are supposed to be getting a Nine Days show in the near future, rumor has it.

~lori~
March 14, 2005 01:55PM
hahaha right, i forgot about that.

*~katie~*
March 14, 2005 01:57PM
I'm coming to said show.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 14, 2005 01:58PM
The Turkey wrote:

> I'm coming to said show.
>
> -Mike
>

no you aren't
March 14, 2005 01:59PM
Yeah, I am. Remind Steph to remind me and I'm there.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 14, 2005 07:57PM
Sannen is right. I love the solo stuff, a lot, but the whole band thing is so good.
actually, i can't say i hear a major difference. i mean, Nick is playing in Brian's band... Vinnie plays in Brian's album... and in John's band... they can do the stuff together and call it NineDays.
and i will be able to sleep at nights...
March 14, 2005 11:05PM
Vinnie's only in John's band. Brian's drummer is from another band called Dec 84.

~lori~
March 14, 2005 11:52PM
Sannen..

Dood...You are a good guy an all..but

how many times are you going to make the same request? Its not going to happen.

Whatever NineDays stuff you have, listen to, enjoy, rock out, share with others and leave it at that.
March 15, 2005 12:15AM
If thats the case, someone please tell me why this board still exists. Because the purpose of it eludes me when all we seem to have to talk about is random shite and the occasional post about forthcoming solo work.

If NineDays is now merely a defunct brand of things past, I'd personally appreciate some kind of announcement of the sort. From someone in the band.

At the moment I can't tell whats going on, apart from the hearsay of you Americans. All I know is that people from the band keep swapping and changing, the solo shows seem to look like NineDays on paper, with band members playing various and changing parts in the solo ventures of JH and BD, otherwise I have no clue.

I mean. Look at the last date a new 'news' item was added, and that wasn't even relevant to the band entity.

I confused.

*Brain implodes*

March 15, 2005 12:18AM
back in feb. i was told there was a show in the works. thats really all i know about the future.

*~katie~*
March 15, 2005 12:59AM
I have none of this confirmed..this is just what I feel from knowing the band as long as I do. If/when John and Brian read this, maybe they can put their thoughts up. I could be 100% wrong...but....

I don't think Nine Days is over. I don't think they will ever be "over". John and Brian have been friends/musicians for too long to just stop. While at one point, Nine Days was a great thing, currently it may have the opposite effect when trying to get record deals. "Oh...THAT band."

I think the guys want to do solo stuff and see how that goes. While John and Brian are a great duo---yah gotta think that they like the solo stuff. There is nobody else who has to approve of anything other than them. Throw some guys together and lets play.

You gotta appreciate that john has two young babies and still writes new stuff (supposedly), as well as going to school. Brian is playing in NYC (did I hear Bitter End show Brian?) and LI and making tracks in his apt for us! They love to make music old and new as much as we like hearing it. ( sorry that was so corny)

So keep an eye out for Brian and Johns solo shows...maybe a Nine Days show every once in a while.

March 15, 2005 04:40AM
i cant go to ND shows...i just can hear the material...

its seems like... "NINE DAYS...good times...but old times"...

"You gotta appreciate that john has two young babies and still writes new stuff (supposedly)"

i know but he is working on his solo project...after that...why couldnt he work on a Nine Days project? LABEL? who needs this? :-p

It makes me sad that the band doesnt expose their mind here...
the question is...can we wait for a future nine days new stuff? or can we only dream with that?
:/

March 15, 2005 05:26AM
"i know but he is working on his solo project...after that...why couldnt he work on a Nine Days project? LABEL? who needs this? :-p "

John is a married man with two children, currently working on a full length solo album with a "mystery" major label, all while being a full time college student. Tell me when the man will have time for other stuff?

Don't ask him to spread himself too thin. If he and Brian feel that its at the right point for new Nine Days material, there will be new Nine Days material. Asking the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again isn't going to get us to that point any quicker.

~lori~
March 15, 2005 05:56AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 15, 2005 06:41AM
Lori and Scott are both wise. And about being sad that the band members don't express themselves enough here... I, myself, am happy that they do at all... I find that very cool.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 15, 2005 08:12AM
heeey 3eye, i mean on this topic!!!!
allways when someone open a topic about nine days...they almost never answer sad smiley
but they are allways posting on other topics! and they do a lot for the fans...i got emails from the band and i think its amazing...i never thoght to become emails from a popular band.

i was meaning in this topic, or topics like those.

March 15, 2005 08:13AM
Ohhhh, I see. I see.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 15, 2005 12:31PM
i love all of it so when something new comes out i'm buying it!

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
March 15, 2005 03:38PM
Well Nine Days May Make another cd sometime in the near future. I mean just enjoy the solo stuff and check out some new bands. I mean atleast THEY ARE STILL TOGATHER!!. Unlike Eve 6 =(

March 16, 2005 08:37AM
I agree with Sketch. This site is more devoted to general chatting with an occasional blurb about the band. Which is ok, but if the band isn't together then why is the forum here. I also agree with the person that said it will never be over. It probably won't, but its hard to be patient for those of us who don't live in LI or NYC. I do feel for John and the band though I havea 5 month old and its hard when you have little kids. Also I think everyone forgets about the whole Sony releasing them thing and then having to fight to get back their masters and So Happily Unsatisfied never coming out which for those of us who have a copy know that it would have definitely gone double platinum. Being screwed over by a record company has an effect on you. It makes oyu not want to ever do it again. I wish they would get back together and let us know what's up and release an album too. And maybe once and a while answer a post. This post is relevant too bad they haven't given their opinion.

"We don't ask for much
Just a little to get by
Enough to keep us grounded while the rest are getting high
And while we play hard, while we keep it real
Search for water in this desert, we don't have to steal"
March 16, 2005 05:28PM
To add on to all of the above, the recording costs to make a DECENT sounding record that is at the quality we are all used to from NINE DAYS would be quite high. Not being able to guarantee promo and distro on it doesn't make much sense from a business standpoint.

not only does one need to consider the time issues, but there are financial and CREATIVE issues involved. the solo songs are not the same as nine days songs, and if that type of material is being written by john and brian now, then i don't want new nine days right now. listen deeper to the records that exist now. there is also more to what you can immediately hear.

anyway. i'm tired and probably didn't make sense. whatever. just stop and let the flow go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π