ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OLD baseball

Posted by fallenlife2000 

OLD baseball
March 31, 2005 06:04PM
not that anyone cares but i just found out that im related to a majorleague baseball player that played like a real long time ago...he played the NY Giants, and was the first player to wear shin guards...i thought it was pretty kewl...family stories are great...u can learn kewl things...
Oh and his name: Roger Bresnahan (#17)
and he was...lemme see if i can get this right...my great grandfathers uncle or something along those lines

Post Edited (04-01-05 03:05)

*~Bernadette~*
Re: OLD baseball
April 01, 2005 06:57AM
My late grandfather played for the New York Giants alongside Willie Mays for a brief time. He was a big Yankees fan and wasn't too pleased with playing for a blood rival, but I'm sure he wouldn't have traded it in. He didn't last too long, though.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
April 01, 2005 01:39PM
My dad didn't play for any baseball teams, but his band did open for Aerosmith which is pretty fucking cool. And my cousin got arrested with Steve Perry's son a couple times.

April 01, 2005 02:38PM
my grandfather was a great knuckle-ball pitcher in AAA before he volunteered for the war. didn't do so well after he was shot in the shoulder jumping into normandy before D-Day

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
April 01, 2005 02:43PM
Speaking about D-Day, I recently watched Saving Private Ryan again and have been reminded about how pathetic most of my generation and I are.

-Mike

Post Edited (04-01-05 23:43)

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π