ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whats John Hampson up to?

Posted by USAFALL2004 

Re: Whats John Hampson up to?
April 05, 2005 03:26AM
i'm officially not taking anything USAFALL2004 says into consideration anymore... like record deals are being handed out left and right and john and brian and nine days just don't want them. yeah. that's how it is.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
April 05, 2005 03:40AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 05, 2005 03:41AM
April 05, 2005 09:10AM
i have a question...Y come on a ninedays message board and talk trash, like u even know anything. quite frankly music should done for the love of it...thats where passion comes in...these guys have it...and by these guys i mean john and brian. if they were to never get another record deal, does that make it pointless? NO bc all of us listen to it and love it, and im sure there are more...music is for pleasure not just to get somewhere...u know how many awesome bands there are that just havent had the luck of making it? that doesnt make them bad and it doesnt make it stupid to keep writting. there are plenty of bands that do make it somehow even tho they suck and shouldnt make it, but they keep writting and thats ok too...
but please i wish people that dont know what they are talking about and who cant appreciate good music come on a message board and disrespect music artists...that disgusts me...

*~Bernadette~*
April 05, 2005 09:12AM
and to add to that....in the music industry there are so many politics so u cant talk **** with that either...
i apologize if i sound rather unfriendly but im quite frustrated with what this "usa" whatever person has said...

*~Bernadette~*
April 05, 2005 10:44AM
>>>Author: poopoo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 04-05-05 10:15

Jesus Christ help us all is right!! Ryan Carera is a fucking hair dew!! Its because of **** music like this great bands like NineDays dont have record deals anymore.and all we have is ourselves to blame

Post Edited (04-05-05 10:16)<<<

well said Mr. Poopoo
April 05, 2005 06:20PM
i think i'm going to get jumped on... but am i the only one in the UK that doesn't think that Athlete is the beesknees? i think they're just 'eh... ok' as well as keane and snow patrol... they're just 'eh...ok' i'll listen to their record... but i wouldn't buy it... and i can't imagine them being anything special live...

i'm just sick of all of the AHHHHHHHHHH ATHLETE... worship type stuff going on over here... they're just alright..

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
April 05, 2005 08:28PM
April 05, 2005 10:57PM
Coldplay are an Ok band, what is so great about chris martin's boring,depressing and dull voice. He's not a brillent singer compared to john. Can you imagine chris doing a solo project like what john did who would buy it. If it wasn't for the muscians in coldplay he would be no were.

All there songs sound the same, snow patrol are way better than them - just listen to 'run' on final straw.
As for Athlete I think there great.

But it has to be said ninedays are one of the best bands in the world like U2 and green day.
April 05, 2005 11:41PM

Yeah...Nine Days and U2 are often said in the same breath.
April 06, 2005 12:23AM
April 06, 2005 12:46AM
I know he writes the songs and the music, he's just a not a good singer.
April 06, 2005 01:54AM
April 06, 2005 05:45AM
Back on topic, what is John Hampson up to?
April 06, 2005 06:23AM
snow patrol smells like lous ass crack.
April 06, 2005 06:38AM
April 06, 2005 06:42AM
To what that person last said, the usa guy, Greenday? They aren't that good. Muy overrated.

Post Edited (04-06-05 16:54)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 06, 2005 07:14PM
greenday are an awesome live band. and for that they get props... i'm the type of person that likes bands who can really perform as well as move me on a record... where as i don't have any of greendays albums, but i've seen them twice and i'd easily see them again...

ninedays is fucking awesome live, and thats one of the reasons i've seen them so many times... and hanson are fucking amazing live to... and why i've seen them more times than i'd like to admit... placebo is awesome live etc...

i like bands that i can go to their concert and have a REALLY good time. i can't imagine going to a snow patrol show and being like... rocked.

i don't get it. or athlete.

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
April 07, 2005 07:27AM
green day's great. you can't argue with that. the end.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

April 07, 2005 07:51AM
They're decent but I think they've been getting more attention then they should as of late.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 07, 2005 01:43PM
I would say the reason Green Day is getting a lot of attention recently is because they wrote a friggin' punk opera. Who does that? It was very ballsy of them, and it paid off.
April 07, 2005 10:58PM
I don't the whole "punk opera" thing. Just seems like a bunch of songs that are loosely related. I've seen an opera and that is not one.

April 08, 2005 03:00AM
well, it's an opera in terms of a rock opera. tommy is the quintessential rock opera, and all the songs are related, but can stand on their own. american idiot's a lot like that.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

April 08, 2005 07:55AM
Wouldn't it be more of a rock musical then?

April 08, 2005 09:34AM
musicals have speaking parts. operas are completely sung. have you never heard the term "rock opera" before? "rock musical" isn't a term.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

April 08, 2005 11:06AM
But in Operas they basically speech in song, it's not like here's song 1, here's song 2 type a thing. Their album sounds more like it could be a soundtrack to a musical. I don't exactly hear conversations in their songs.

April 08, 2005 11:16AM
you're right. i'm wrong. sorry.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

April 08, 2005 01:10PM
Nothing to be sorry about. I was just clarifying the matter for myself. heh

April 11, 2005 02:34AM
Christina. You idolize Hanson. Your opinion of Athlete matters not to me!

yawning smileyP

Also, being American, you have probably noticed a distinct difference between the styles used here and abroad. US based rock, indie... etc has a very different sound to that of acts you will hear... here. Both have their good and bad participants, but from the sound of it, you prefer the US equivalent.

Anywho. Embrace. Live/Recorded. Its all good.

And Steph. I let you get away with badmouthing Kasabian but to 'diss' SnowPatrol aswell... tut tut. By the way. I freakin' love the video they made for 'Honest Mistake', although the album didn't turn out to be quite as good as I'd hoped for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π