Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Speed of Sound

Posted by Sketch01 

Speed of Sound
April 19, 2005 05:31AM
Well. It's out, what are we thinking?

I'm thinking, I've heard that bit somewhere before...

Re: Speed of Sound
April 19, 2005 05:41AM
Me heardo. Me liko. But me don't think it's that fantastico.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 19, 2005 12:51PM
Hmmm nothing special...but then neither was In my place but the rest of the album was a gem.

April 20, 2005 04:59AM
i'm so over 'coldplay being the best musicians ever'... b/c they are SO not. and all of their records sound the same. and i'm sick of their copy keane... its about time they record something different...

SICK of it. [already.]

b/c i feel like i've heard it before... and then i realize WAIT this is coldplay everything they have is like everything else they have.

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
April 20, 2005 05:09AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 20, 2005 05:11AM
are you kidding? keane was the band that was the 'waiting for coldplay' album...

i'm so over it. and they suck live.

[i was talking about keane needing to record another album. and maroon five ew. don't get me started]

i'm just SICK of all of these bands trying to resell the same 10 songs on different compalation etc... gah. working in a music store it gets to you...

-----------------
love.christina
-----------------

go here please --- http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/link/1/87042
April 20, 2005 05:43AM
As my friend said they need more dynamics in their music. I find most of the time it sounds kinda bland cause it's all at one level.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 20, 2005 06:07AM
April 20, 2005 06:55AM
It took me 2 1/2 years to like A Rush of Blood...... I'm very glad I gave it the time. And how are Coldplay and Keane supposed to be similar?

~ Sofi ~

April 20, 2005 08:27AM
April 21, 2005 01:04AM
'Sunshine'. My fave Keane track.

'Green Eyes'. Possibly... my favourite Coldplay track, but its a tough call; as the track I just listed reminds me of someone. I'll have to get back to you on that one. Hmmmn...

Post Edited (04-21-05 10:09)
April 22, 2005 12:11AM
There has been months of hype for this new coldplay single in the UK and I have to admit that I am not really coldplay fan. I find there music boring and depressing at times it Sounds like chris martin is moaning specialy on in my place. It's like there not enjoying it but I guess thats there sound.

Yellow,trouble,and clocks are probably the only songs of there's that don't get on my nerves..

HOWEVER, when I heard speed of sound on radio 1, I thought this is ok, then after a couple of listens I think it's really good and I might actually by X and Y - this will be my first coldplay record. I think this record is going to win over a lot of new fans including me like greenday and there american idiot album. Chris Martin is quite good and I have only just realised this from this new song it's not depressing or boring and it doesn't sound like he is not moaning -sounds happy. And his vocals are sounding much better than they do on anything else, he finaly sounds like a good singer for change. This sounds like a good indie rock record - a lot more guitar rifts instead just hearing him on piano.

The new album sounds promising because of this single and if it is I will be buying it. I will finaly be a coldplay fan.

Keane sound nothing like coldplay there music is just piano and drums which what makes them good and unique compared to everyone else. Tom Chaplin can sing better than chris no offense though because John Hampson is better than both of them and so are ninedays bring on the NEW JH RECORD.

Check out new london band rooster there good and are nothing like rubbish mcfly and busted.

Post Edited (04-22-05 09:13)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
April 22, 2005 01:47AM
April 22, 2005 01:51AM
I actually find myself nodding along to that Rooster track. It's not that bad. At the moment though, I'm loving that Caesers track that migrated from an advert into general release.

Oh, and 'Amarillo' must die. I couldn't stand it when it was released, and now... now I consider bludgeoning those who utter the lyrics as I pass them on the street.

April 22, 2005 04:58AM
"Keane sound nothing like coldplay there music is just piano and drums which what makes them good and unique compared to everyone else"

If I was in Keane, which, needless to say, I'm not, and never will be, but if I was, I'd be bloody pissed off with all the "They're so good! They don't play guitars! It's just piano and drums!" comments, and scremaing "OK! We Know! There are no guitars! Didn't we all realise that the first time we listened to the CD? Haven't you got anything else to say about us?" OK, so it's not quite ordinary to completely omit guitars from rock music, but it's like everyone's saying "They chose instruments other people didn't chose! That's why they're great!" And it's the only reason people give in their partiality. There are plenty of things that are good about Keane, and when does anyone ever bring any of them to the surface? It's always just "There's no guitars!", as though that's their only attribute. It's more of an insult than a compliment to them.

If I got a french horn and played crotchets in A over and over for 3 minutes would you say it was good because it was unique?

~ Sofi ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π