ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mama Mia!

Posted by snowgirl2022 

Mama Mia!
April 19, 2005 12:58PM
I saw this show for my birthday and WOW! I had such low expectations, but it wasnt ANYTHING like how I imagined! It was full of color, life, sexual inuendo, spandex, hot guys and DIRTY DANCING! If you ever have the chance, go see it, it's great!

~*wOOt!*
Re: Mama Mia!
April 19, 2005 01:41PM
of all the shows ive seen (and have still yet to see)- ive never had the desire...sorry.

chicago, wicked, avenue q, and movin out is where its at.

r.i.p.:
the boy from oz
aida
rocky horror
les miz
gypsy
cabaret
nine
assassins
42nd street

...just to name a few.

has anyone seen any of the shows in london? rumor has it they turned edward scissorhands into a play so someone over there will have to see it and report back to me.

.amy.

you be my king, and ill be your castle.
April 19, 2005 02:30PM
I saw Mamma Mia a few years ago with the original Broadway cast. Very cute show. Aimed towards tourists, definitely, and it isn't rocket science, but I was entertained. Glad you enjoyed it, Taylor. :-)

Did you have a hot...oh what's his name....Skye? The main woman's daughter's fiancee's name is Skye, right? Skip? Something with an Sk. The original Broadway one was WAY hot, though. heh.

~lori~
April 19, 2005 04:29PM
i want to see moving out, since i'm a huge billy joel fan. anyone seen it? is it any good?

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
April 20, 2005 01:26AM
i have!

its DEFINITELY worth it if:

a. youre a fan of billy joel (the band is great)
b. you enjoy super talented poeple dancing around nonstop to twyla tharp choreography
and sweating their asses off
c. all the above

dont get tix if:

a. you dont care for billy joel
b. you hate dancing
c. youre expecting a musical
d. all of the above

well, its a musical but its not. the band plays over the stage and michael cavanaugh (the band leader/piano player) sings all the songs. the cast only dances. its pretty cool. whats also cool is how they managed to string 30 billy joel songs together and make them into a story that makes total complete sense.

the dancers in the show have so much energy sometimes dancing for 20 minutes at a time. watching john selya (eddie) almost made me tired. hes hot. and straight. and gave me a personalized autograph (complete with LOVE john selya) after the show...and i didnt even have to ask lol. and i have a picture of the 2 of us. do i worship it? absolutely.

bottom line...just go.

.amy.

April 20, 2005 02:30AM
that may be a little too much dancing for me, but the billy joel factor is still strong. if i ever have the chance to see it, i'll try to.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
April 20, 2005 02:33AM
GO SEE WE WILL ROCK YOU

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 20, 2005 01:40PM
yea how is that? i hear its like phenomenal. let me know.

oh and did any of you see that show with kim catrall?

.amy.

April 20, 2005 02:47PM
Even if you can't stand dancing, go see the show anyway. Get the cheaper seats up in the balcony - you're completely level with the band, and you can just watch them the entire time. The band (at least, the broadway one. Not sure who compises the band on tour) is made up of all musicians who have played with Billy Joel for many years, and they're absolutely brilliant.

~lori~
April 21, 2005 06:34AM
It iiiiissss phenomenal! Pretty funny too. And hardcore Queen fans are *so* cute!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 21, 2005 01:50PM
Ohh I thought the pit orchestra was the best. Yes, Skye was hott, but the chick Sophie was not. She was fat. Not that I have anything against fat people becuase I'm a little chubby myself, but fat people just cant dance the same way as skinny people. Its a matter of science and mass. And seriously... do go see it its amazing. I'm excited for that new Lord of The Rings show though.... I cannot WAIT to go see that!

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π