ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

JH update...

Posted by johnhampson 

JH update...
May 17, 2005 01:26PM
ok, so i see we have a few questions to answer! thanks to everyone who said they dig the new songs...there's more...as for the "secret label", it was Hollywood Records...they gave me some $ to do demos which i used to record with producer Brian Malouf...they came out great and i will add to them and release a full length CD as soon as i am done recording, mixing and mastering...it will be this summer...there is no other major label involved at this point...i will make the record myself and see where it goes...i have been busy writing with a few other artists for various other labels (oh, the irony...they love my songs but cant figure out what to do with anyone over 30) for their records...so, life is good...and you? live shows will come this summer, as well...and i cant wait to hit the ocean, do like Sheryl Crow and soak up the sun...

john

Re: JH update...
May 17, 2005 01:30PM
sweetness

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 17, 2005 01:30PM
omg yes.

i LOVE him.

nice to hear from ya, john!!

.amy.

for you im a fanatic
fuckk it im an addict
your sexy antics turn me on like automatic
May 17, 2005 01:44PM
john i have to talk to you about an outside show this summer. u,bri.and nick
May 17, 2005 02:15PM
anyway...how 'bout that picnic.....yes?? wo0t is down, we're just waiting on you, john! are you coming or what?!?!?

Post Edited (05-18-05 10:53)

rachel......
May 17, 2005 02:56PM
Speaking of that picnic. I grilled out today. I'm ready.
May 17, 2005 03:20PM
mmm yes. i had grilled veggies tonight too!
and speaking of soaking up the sun, i got a new bikini this weekend and i roasted a little spot in between my boobs, which, was apparently covered by last year's tops.

*~katie~*
May 17, 2005 03:22PM
ps to colleen: come see filomath at arlene's tomorrow. i'm so going and you should too!

*~katie~*
May 17, 2005 07:23PM
Thanks for clearing up my questions at last john.

Thank you.

Post Edited (05-18-05 04:23)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
May 18, 2005 01:14AM
Oh Rachel. Hee.

Nice to hear from you, John.

~lori~
May 18, 2005 01:53AM
you're right lori...i had to edit it.

if we want to cure this thing we have to take control!

rachel......
May 18, 2005 02:11AM
I'm a little slow, so forgive me if this is already cleared up. Did Hollywood Records give John money to make demos only? Or is the money also for a full length album? Will this album be released by HR, or by John himself (ala 17m38s)?

As for what to do with people over the age of 30- play their music because it's probably better than 95% of mainstream pop anyway. Don't worry about "marketabililty", you can make 14 year olds think anyone is attractive.

Thanks for the update and best of luck to you John.
May 18, 2005 02:32AM

LMAO
May 18, 2005 02:32AM
omg katie i was totally going to go. but i have no money. i have the day off and everything. like, up until two days ago, i had my heart set on going.

i met them last week on the expressway. did i tell you that? did i tell anyone that? how do people know these things? please tell leroy that i apologize and will make it up to him in the future.

and yes rach, nice edit.
May 18, 2005 02:34AM
Oh Rachel, I friggin' love you.

UncleSam, Hollywood Records gave John the money for the demos, that's it. He'll be putting the CD out on his own.

~lori~
May 18, 2005 02:49AM
oh sadness colleen. i will send leroy your love. and i dunno how i'd feel about meeting those guys on the expressway. leroy just strikes me as one of those guys who just shouldn't have a license.

*~katie~*
May 18, 2005 03:33AM
Leroy!

Make out with the keytar for me, Katie. mm'k? Hee.

~lori~
May 18, 2005 03:42AM
Don't worry, he wasn't driving. The bassist was.
Now lets all focus back on the JH update.

Or the fact that the post office, on my change of address confirmation, put HAMPSON as my last name. Now, I know my name is similar but I definitely did not put an "S" anywhere in the name boxes.
May 18, 2005 03:55AM
Spooky.

And who cares about your age John? You still look about 12! Maybe they should focus on the fact that yes, the material is good and also the fact that you already have a fanbase. As does Brian.

Either way, the material you're writing for these younger artists will likely outlast their careers.

Stupid 'music industry'. Its not an industry. Its an art.

Exhibit A:

Main Entry: in?dus?try
Pronunciation: 'in-(")d&s-trE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tries
Etymology: Middle English industrie skill, employment involving skill, from Middle French, from Latin industria diligence, from industrius diligent, from Old Latin indostruus, perhaps from indu in + -struus (akin to Latin struere to build) -- more at END-, STREW
1 : diligence in an employment or pursuit; especially : steady or habitual effort
2 a : systematic labor especially for some useful purpose or the creation of something of value b : a department or branch of a craft, art, business, or manufacture; especially : one that employs a large personnel and capital especially in manufacturing c : a distinct group of productive or profit-making enterprises <the banking industry> d : manufacturing activity as a whole <the nation's industry>
3 : work devoted to the study of a particular subject or author <the Shakespeare industry>
synonym see BUSINESS

Exhibit B:

Main Entry: 2art
Pronunciation: '?rt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin art-, ars -- more at ARM
1 : skill acquired by experience, study, or observation <the art of making friends>
2 a : a branch of learning: (1) : one of the humanities (2) plural : LIBERAL ARTS b archaic : LEARNING, SCHOLARSHIP
3 : an occupation requiring knowledge or skill <the art of organ building>
4 a : the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects; also : works so produced b (1) : FINE ARTS (2) : one of the fine arts (3) : a graphic art
5 a archaic : a skillful plan b : the quality or state of being artful
6 : the vocal and instrumental skills of such artists as (1) Brian Desveaux, (2) John Hampson, and the collective entity known as (3) Ninedays
7 : decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter
synonyms ART, SKILL, CUNNING, ARTIFICE, CRAFT mean the faculty of executing well what one has devised. ART implies a personal, unanalyzable creative power <the art of choosing the right word>. SKILL stresses technical knowledge and proficiency <the skill of a glassblower>. CUNNING suggests ingenuity and subtlety in devising, inventing, or executing <a mystery plotted with great cunning>. ARTIFICE suggests technical skill especially in imitating things in nature <believed realism in film could be achieved only by artifice>. CRAFT may imply expertness in workmanship <the craft of a master goldsmith>.

I. rest. my. case.

Post Edited (05-18-05 13:21)
May 18, 2005 04:53AM
lori, of course i will, you know how i feel about red keytars...
and colleen, thats just scary with the name thing. and i'm very glad art was driving. i trust the massive bassist.

and i agree with john's age, though lord knows the labels don't. when i was 15 and in love with john, i really didn't care that he was 28. and something tells me that when he's walking around campus, he blends in rather well.

*~katie~*
May 18, 2005 04:53AM
MAN! I HATE THOSE FUCKING LABELS!
ARGGHHH

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

May 18, 2005 05:08AM
Who cares about you age john 30s still young and you don't look it. I hate it when musicains are judged on appearance/age, it's all about the music.
Haven't they heard of U2 there in the 40s and still selling millions, Green Day in there 30s still selling millions, Swithchfoot I think there 30+ and gavin degraw's 28. All very sucessful artists and know one cares about there age.

Your musics amazing john and you deserve lots of grammy's

Post Edited (05-18-05 14:10)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
May 18, 2005 05:43AM
Yeah... I could use some more book-ends myself....

May 18, 2005 06:38AM
I think I may be more confused now. The HR money was only for demos...so HR gave John money simply to make demos? Nice people; now why didn't they sign him for a whole album? Or (this I would understand), did John not want to sign on for an album? Or (again), did they turn him down for an album simply because of his age?

Final suggestion, John should lie about his age.
May 18, 2005 07:03AM
That seems weird that he gets money like that. It makes it sound like they don't want anything in return and god knows that never happens now adays. To the too old thing, the backstreet boys are 30ish.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 18, 2005 07:26AM
Or was his ass too non-existant to make a good poster child? top

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
May 18, 2005 07:27AM
i'm pretty sure hollywood gives potential artists demo money frequently. they even flew some friends of mine to california to record some demos. then hollywood said they didn't want them. but hey, they got free demos and a trip to cali out of it, right?

----------------------------------------------
&amp;&amp;the time i'll waste, just to say goodbye&amp;&amp;
May 18, 2005 09:45AM
congrats, john... can't wait to hear the full length album.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
May 18, 2005 12:57PM
ill second that

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π