ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

batman begins

Posted by great198 

Re: batman begins
June 19, 2005 03:28PM
If Johnny Depp is gonna be any Batman villain, I think he should be the Mad Hatter. I don't know why, but I can just totally see him in that role. He's kind of a lame character, but Depp could make him great.
June 19, 2005 05:21PM
whoa buddy, relax- i didnt say he could do anything...i said he could do almost anything- and he can.

just because mark hamill did the voice of the joker doesnt mean he could BE the joker. it two different situations- you could ask anyone. the fact that he did the voice doesnt mean ANYTHING. he could totally suck on film in that role for all we know.

however- now theres a twisted rumor that cillian murphy might be back to play the joker because he went crazy and took on a differnt personality...eh...i dont know.

http://www.villainousvamps.com/crispinjoker.jpg <-- i rest my case.

.amy.

this shouldve been my time. its over- it never began

Post Edited (06-20-05 02:25)
June 19, 2005 05:37PM
Cillian Murphy as Joker would be totally stupid. As much as I like Murphy, I would hate to see them combine Scarecrow and the Joker into one character.

And while Crispin Glover would make a very creepy Joker, I would worry that he couldn't do the humor as well. You need a good mix of both. Which is kinda why Mark Hamill would be good as the Joker because I think he has a pretty good understanding of the character. Let's not forget, Hamill has done the voice of the Joker for over ten years, and it's not just because he's Mark Hamill, but because his voice is perfect for the Joker.

Okay, that doesn't mean he's the right actor for the part, however, I do think he can do it.

On a side note, Hamill is currently a few years older than Jack Nicholson was when he was the Joker. (Hamill turns 54 in September, Nicholson was 52)

Post Edited (06-20-05 02:37)
June 21, 2005 07:11AM
Wow. Just saw it last night. Where im from we dont have air conditioning in our cinema's. For 300 and 60 something days of the year its purpose would be quite trivial but man, hottest day of the summer, early evening showing+a full theatre, It was a friggin' sauna!
This didn't deter from the movie at all. It was as good as the 1989 film, taking the advances in technology since into account. I dont think a sequel would do it justice. The franchise really has come full circle. Can Jack Nicholson really be surpassed as the joker anyway?!
Last note, batmans two arch-enemies in the film were both irish actors - respect! Cillian Murphy as the scarecrow was great but Liam Neeson is a legend. Get the movie "Michael Collins" if your a fan.

June 21, 2005 09:07AM
batman begins isn't part of the previous franchise. they started over completely. the thing tying the burton films (the good ones) and the schumacher films (the dispicable ones) was alfred, played in all four by michael gough. christopher nolan's batman begins (and it's upcoming sequal or two) has nothing to do with those. he's said it himself. the studio has, too. the batman franchise has started and is in no way a continuation or an introduction of the previous films.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
June 21, 2005 02:00PM
producers have said that the next movie is about batman and harvey dent going after the joker and putting him on trial (we know that harvey dent becomes two-face at this time)

the third movie is batman vs the joker and two-face.

so def. 3 movies.

ps- and benicio del toro to my list of joker posibilities.

.amy.

this shouldve been my time. its over- it never began.
June 21, 2005 03:21PM
So they're just gonna use villains we've already seen? Yawn. I wanna see Talia Head, Killer Croc, and Shiva!

However, if the plan is to do what you say, might as well shoot the movies back-to-back to keep costs down.
June 21, 2005 03:25PM
well, tommy lee jones' two-face was horrible, so doing that over would be fine by me. and reinventing the joker would be interesting. i'm all for it. it seems like they're going to have an actual storyline going through all the movies that connects them. smart move.

bale, caine, and freeman are coming back. holmes isn't. i'm not going to cry about that, but she was good for what she was. i hope they explain what happens to her though, instead of letting her become on those written-out and forgotten-about batman love interests.

and benicio del toro? obviously, you and i have vastly different opinions on who would make a good joker, amy.

benicio del toro?

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

June 22, 2005 12:01AM
trent...i think they said theyre bringing back the joker cuz they never shouldve killed him in the first place...and yes, benicio del toro

.amy.

and still, you steal each breath im breathing from me. with just a touch...you overcome me- and i let you.
June 22, 2005 01:09AM
Holmes isn't coming back?

She clearly seems to think that being TC's other half is going to open up the flood gates of opportunity...

It's a shame that Katie hadn't the foresight to see that future appearances within this franchise was one of the most reliable and robust opportunities that she had going for her.

Oh well.

June 22, 2005 03:04AM
the producers actually didn't want her back because of the public spectacle she's making of herself. will they change their minds and ask her back? don't know. but they have the essentials back, and that's all that matters.

benicio del toro?

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

June 22, 2005 03:13AM
Really?!

They said that? That's a bit 'off'. She isn't really making a spectacle of herself as far as I can tell. TC swung the spotlight on her, by acting a bit strange, and the rest is the fault of the media.

She seems pretty normal to me otherwise.

No?

Post Edited (06-22-05 12:15)
June 22, 2005 05:16AM
i agree with you there, but that's what the producers said. (shrugs) damn hollywood producers.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

June 23, 2005 11:10AM
Im gonna see this soon just wondering tho did anyone actually like Val Kilmer as batman

June 23, 2005 12:43PM
hahahaha...um no. however, bob kane has stated that he liked him the most.

i found this at imdb.com

"i have altered the list, adding some good new ideas, but taking others out (sorry--Mark Hamill is too old and too Luke Skywalker--this isn't going to be a cartoon!), keeping the list at 50.

1. Sam Rockwell
2. Tim Roth*
3. Josh Lucas*
4. Steve Buscemi
5. Jude Law*
6. Adrian Brody
7. Lachy Hulme
8. Crispin Glover*
9. Hugo Weaving
10. Jake Busey*
11. Johnny Depp
12. Robin Williams
13. Stuart Townsend
14. Tim Curry
15. Richard E. Grant
16. Vincent Cassell
17. Christian Slater
18. Marilyn Manson
19. Paul Bettany*
20. Edward Norton*
21. Vincent Gallo
22. Guy Pearce
23. Bruce Campell
24. Brian Van Holt
25. Timothy Olyphant
26. Jason Lee*
27. John Glover
28. Noah Taylor
29. Russell Sams
30. Justin Theroux*
31. Justin Kirk
32. Christopher Eccleston
33. Toby Stephens
34. Daniel Craig
35. Jeffrey Combs
36. Kevin Bacon
37. Joaquin Phoenix
38. Jason Isaacs
39. Denis Leary
40. Pierce Brosnan
41. Jeff Goldblum
42. Matthew Lillard
43. Michael Wincott
44. Vince Vaughn
45. Michael Shannon
46. Nick Stahl
47. Peter Sarsgaard
48. Daniel Day Lewis
49. Stephen Dorff
50. William Defoe"

what the fuckk was this guy smoking?!?! he may as well put my name on the list. i can narrow that down to like 7.

.amy.

this shouldve been my time. its over- it never began.

Post Edited (06-23-05 21:48)
June 23, 2005 11:45PM
Okay, I think that list is missing Brad Dourif. And if Mark Hamill is too old, so is John Glover and Tim Curry, as they're both older than Hamill.

I don't think Marilyn Manson can act.

Christian Slater would be perfect if all you want is a younger Jack Nicholson with less talent.

Some of these suggestions are interesting. Others, however, are totally wrong. Like I love Jason Lee, but I don't see him playing the Joker. At least Jason Mewes isn't on the list. Athough, that could be really fuckin' funny.
June 24, 2005 03:38AM
Ian McShane.

Lose the facial hair. A bit of prosthetics around the cheeks and chin. A touch of the old clown makeup, and bam!

One scary looking psycho.

Plus, he's British. And in Hollywood productions, the bad guy is always British.

June 27, 2005 08:25AM
ya'll are crazy.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

June 27, 2005 08:45AM
Have you seen the new Kong yet?

June 28, 2005 01:40PM
I absolutely loved the new batman. I thought the casting was amazing. I thought Cillian Murphy as Crane was a great pick. He actually first auditioned for the role of Batman. That would not have worked. I think that this is the best "new" superhero movie they've made yet. But I always was a batman fan...

Guitars are a fad; banjos are forever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π