ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Foo Fighters

Posted by Segageek 

Foo Fighters
June 23, 2005 10:54AM
Hey all what does everyone think of the new Foo Fighters song Best Of You?

I think it's alright not really great at all.

June 23, 2005 11:58AM
As my friend pointed out, the "loud" and "not so loud" concept worked against them. It's a great idea, but it results in the songs on each CD being very similar to each other. I have mainly listened to the "loud" CD, and my favorites from it are No Way Back (2), DOA (4), The Last Song (6, a song about Kurt Cobain or Courtney Love by chance?), and The Deepest Blues Are Black (9).

BTW, go to the Foo Fighters website and watch the concert from Roswell for free. It is great stuff. Dave Grohl and the other guitarist do a "guitar duel" (think dueling banjos, but not the same tune) that is simply great.
Re: Foo Fighters
June 23, 2005 12:41PM
I heart that song. The music video is pretty wicked too. I don't really understand it.... can someone explain it to me or am I just not supposed to unedrstand?

~*wOOt!*
June 23, 2005 03:30PM
i got the CD and love it. i havent listend to the slow side but the fast is AMAZING...the whole duel CD thing worked well for the watchmen..and its a sweet song

This is the ultimate love song, and you are the ultimate love lost.
June 23, 2005 04:23PM
i have only really listened to the "loud" cd and there are 4 or 5 of 'em on there that i really like. the slow one i popped in but it didn't really do it for me. anyone know of any worth a second listen on the slow cd? otherwise, the loud cd is awesome.

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
June 27, 2005 08:23AM
i dig the new double album. the colour and the shape and one by one are still my favs, though (one by one winning by a little).

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
June 28, 2005 01:32PM
I love "The Best of You". It's a song that I do not mind listening to over and over again. Atleast not yet.

Guitars are a fad; banjos are forever.
June 28, 2005 02:09PM
one by one is one of the greatest albums of all time.

This is the ultimate love song, and you are the ultimate love lost.
June 29, 2005 09:21PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
June 29, 2005 09:54PM
i love the colour and the shape and nothing left to lose, am i the only one who thought one by one was a pretty average album?
June 30, 2005 12:38PM
You're not alone in thinking that Ben. I finally heard IYH lastnight over a few brews, and it's much better than one by one. Colour and the shape is my fave, followed by Nothing left to lose then in your honor and one by one...only heard a couple of songs off the debut but I like what i've heard, Dave is my freakin hero!!

Walking After You (Colour & Shape) has got to be one of THE most beautiful songs ever - that acoustic guitar sends shivers down my spine.

Post Edited (06-30-05 21:39)
June 30, 2005 02:36PM
i'm still standing by my statement that one by one is their best.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π