ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

current and upcoming summer movies

Posted by great198 

current and upcoming summer movies
July 19, 2005 06:53AM
i saw charlie and the chocolate factory on sunday. i liked it, but there were too many awkward silences and moments from willy wonka. some of them worked and were funny, but a lot of them fell flat. it was definitely more like the book, though - stranger and creepier than the gene wilder version.

also, i am kind of intrigued by the island. seems like it has a good story and is a cut above your typical action flick. however, it is a michael bay film, so that worries me.

moral of the story isf batman begins is THE movie of the summer. hands down.

any thoughts on my thoughts or other summer movies would be great. bye, kids.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
Re: current and upcoming summer movies
July 19, 2005 06:59AM
I liked Wedding Crashers a lot.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 19, 2005 07:21AM
I do not understand how the Fantastic Four topped the American box office charts. Even the trailer looks dire. 'They will be... fantastic...'

Riiiiight...

I still have to see Madagascar, and I'm praying Dreamworks aren't following the same path as Shark Tale in its celebrity endorsed mediocrity.

I've written King Kong and The Corpse Bride as movies on my 'to-do' list and have vowed to castrate anyone who attempts to sell Stealth to me on the basis of its storyline.

July 19, 2005 07:53AM
dreamworks is all about mediocrity. i hate the shrek movies... crucify me if you must.

and wedding crashers was good, mike? sorry, i just can't see that movie being any good. then again, you like harold and kumar...

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

July 19, 2005 08:09AM
I haven't seen it but I heard the penguin movie was really good.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
July 19, 2005 08:13AM
Yes. I had heard good things about that documentary styled film. It probably won't show over here though.

July 19, 2005 09:32AM
Fantastic Four was #1 at the box office because it's really not that bad. (that and the fanboys, of which you might say I am one) Personally, I enjoyed it more than Batman Begins.

:::waits for Eric to get over it:::

Fantastic Four has it's problems, and hopefully a sequel will be more faithful to the comics, but I enjoyed it from start to finish. Batman Begins, I just had trouble getting into it at the beginning, but once Bruce comes back to Gotham, it's a kickass flick.

But you really can't compare the two, since Fantastic Four is more of family movie than Batman Begins.

I haven't seen Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, and probably won't until it hits DVD. Same with War of the Worlds. Wedding Crashers is probably in the same boat, although maybe not.

The Island does look kinda cool, but I'm not entirely sold on it. Bad News Bears look like it might be alright.

As for my must see list for the rest of the year:
Red Eye - How cool is that trailer?
The 40 Year-Old Virgin - Gotta give Judd Apatow (Freaks & Geek, Undeclared) some love.
Serenity - Firefly comes to the big screen. Joy! And if this isn't a sleeper hit, there's something wrong with the world.
King Kong - Duh!

There might be a couple other things I go see, this is just what I know I have to see right now.
July 19, 2005 10:10AM
I'm sorry, but to me, the Fantastic Four just looks like yet another generic Hollywood cash-cow in the 'genre' of comic movies.

I'm not in anyway against the concept of comic book movies, and I find some of them thoroughly intriguing and enjoyable, but I like them to have some character... some style.

This one just came across as bland and samey, and therefore I have absolutely no desire to watch it. Of course, that's just my opinion of it, and the American box office completely disagrees with me in terms of its popularity... if not its originality.

July 19, 2005 11:59AM
I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday. It is good... Johnny Depp looks pretty creepy like that. Kinda makes me wanna go rewatch the original 'cause I don't remember it. Other than that there's not really anything else I want to see.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
July 19, 2005 01:00PM
Harold and Kumar was ripe with brilliant social commentary.

Wedding Crashers was just hysterical. It's worth seeing just for Vince Vaughn and Christopher Walken.

In fact, any movie that has either of those men in it is worth seeing.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 19, 2005 03:33PM
amen, mike.

im DYING to see wedding crashers (thursday!!)

charlie was good (either youre gonna love it or hate it)
fantastic four was good
the island looks amazing
still deciding if i want to see bad news bears
ill pass on dukes of hazzard
the brothers grimm! excited!!!!

also coming this summer...
stealth
deuce bigalow
four brothers
skeleton key
red eye
transporter 2

oh and corpse bride has been moved up to september!!

and yes, so far, batman is the movie of the summer.

.amy.

too many times ive seen a rose die on the vine.
somebodys heart gets broken- usually its mine.

Post Edited (07-20-05 00:36)
July 19, 2005 04:51PM
i have the same opinion on vince vaughn that i have on will farrell - both can be funny, but not everything they do is funny, especially when it comes to farrell. it seems like they both have the notion that whatever comes out of their mouths is hysterical - comedic gold. but it ain't true. vaughn is definitely better than farrell, but not by a whole lot. and that's what wedding crashers seems like. i'll see it when it comes to dvd, though.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

July 20, 2005 04:47AM
batman begins was great n im gonna see wedding crashers soon

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
July 20, 2005 04:54AM
Isn't the penguin one about a load of penguins just dying? I think they were talking about it on Virgin this morning. Sounds kida depressing... poor penguins.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
July 20, 2005 11:39AM
well, i'm being dragged out to see wedding crashers tonight, so i'll let y'all know what i think (like you care). smiling smiley

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

July 20, 2005 12:50PM
I love Jude Law.

~*wOOt!*
July 20, 2005 03:43PM
yea hes pretty hot...he had an affair with the nanny...now i want to be the nanny. shitt.

just saw wedding crashers- i have never laughed so hard in my entire life. i have friggin loved vince vaughn for the longest time. AND WALKEN!! omg...how could you not laugh????

go see it...yea.

.amy.

July 20, 2005 04:07PM
ehh.. I don't see the appeal of Jude Law.

July 21, 2005 06:51AM
wedding crashers was pretty much what i expected - minimal laughs from vince vaughn (the biggest coming from "i love it when you joke" when he was getting jacked off under the table), but very little else. the story was horrible, owen wilson (whom i usually love) was only mildly interesting, and will farrell was his typical loud, obnoxious, non-funny self. waste of $6.50 (i had a coupon).

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

July 21, 2005 09:26AM
How much is it usually if 6.50 was on a coupon? The theaters around here are $6 and $7 normal price.

July 21, 2005 12:06PM
$8.50. matinees are $6.50. so i got the matinee price for a night time show. whoopedy doo. movies are f-ing expensive. i love them, though (well, the good ones, which are few and far).

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

July 21, 2005 12:49PM
sorry...vince vaughn was hysterical

if you find it to be such a hassle to pay for movies just wait and rent them from the library.

ps- movies on long island are 10 bucks so stop complaining lol

.amy.

July 24, 2005 09:55AM
i havn't read all of this but madagascar was really odd! the penguins were hilarious but the *plot* was tooo cheesy for words...

what i wanna see is narnia but i have no idea when its out or even if its a summer movie...

"I love acting, its so much more real than life" Oscar Wilde
July 24, 2005 11:25AM
Narnia looks good... and I'm up for any movie with the hottie Jude Law, plus I think Owen Wilson is hilarious too. Just him as a person. Hansel, he's so hawt right now. Hansel.

~*wOOt!*
July 24, 2005 02:07PM
hansel can turn left, you know.

.amy.

too may times ive seen a rose die on the vine.
July 24, 2005 03:31PM
I had a dream that Willy Wonka was my English teacher and he yelled at us for giving him bab anonymous evaluations... figured out who did them all and threw them back at us. It was creepy.

July 24, 2005 03:56PM
I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...I liked it alot...a lil wierd but...Tim Burton..need i say more?
The way Johnny Depp portrayed Charlie reminded me of Michael Jackson and neverland, lil wierd i know...

I want to see Skeleton Key, which will arrive soon...i mite get too scaredtho bc im a chicken.
I want to see Dukes of Hazzard also

*~Bernadette~*
July 25, 2005 01:21AM
I wanna see wedding crashers..it was filmed in my hometown last summer. And no I never got to meet any of the cast, at least not that I know of. Some of my friends were in the movie.

If you all are into Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Mc...I dunno how to spell his last name, they are about to film another movie together in my town startin next month....
July 25, 2005 11:35AM
ahhh wedding crashers was crap

i had to watch it a few weeks back for work eughghgghh

And now owen wilson is coming to australia for the premire next weekend so i will have to endure more of it sad smiley

i have not seen charlie yet it has been playing at the theatre at work but i have not made it down to a session yet, however it opens in theatres in September here so i may hang off until then and see it on the big screen.

I am so looking forward to the corpse bride it looks awesome!!

I got to see half of "The Island" when i saw the wedding crashers, the film wasn't finished yet and they had to show something to the media so how about the first half.

I really had no interest in the film what so ever, but the first half was really really good i really want to know what happens (have not made it to a full screening yet lol) so i will throw in my vote for that movie.

Serenity is showing too and my ssiter and her husband are killing me to let them in as they love firefly, but i have never watched it so i don't know anything about it.

But batman is still my fave of the season, it was just brilliant.

We saw house of wax the othernight, i am so upset it was so horrible and gross and i am still trying to deal with teh trauma!
July 26, 2005 02:29AM
wedding crashers was hysterical. i saw the island the night it opened and thought that it was pretty good as well.

as far as chocolate factory goes...i love when people compare johnny depp to michael jackson- considering that hes said that he never used him for inspiration.

.amy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π