ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gas Prices

Posted by Bones45 

Gas Prices
August 12, 2005 07:38AM
I don't get why everyone is so out of control about the gas prices.

Ok..so the days of $1.50 a gallon are over.

But let's say you are used to paying $2.25 a gallon ( those days are now over too)

x 15 gallon tank.

$33.75.

So if the prices went up to $2.80/gallon (next week maybe?),

you are paying $42 for the same amount of gas.

That is only a $8.25 difference. Im so good at math.

$8?

WTF? That is a Grey Goose at a bar! A cover charge! A movie!

Tell everyone to relax and have a beer. and STFU about gas prices.

Re: Gas Prices
August 12, 2005 07:40AM
they still suck... but i agree... i tend not to complain....

but also.. take into account..... I used to be a pizza delivery driver and put like gas in my car every 1.5 days.. ,. there is where it makes a difference.... when you work for tips.. it sucks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 12, 2005 07:47AM
omg would you like to live here? is that $33.75 to fill your whole tank, cos thats what it costs me to fill half a tank in my car. and its not even diesel.
August 12, 2005 08:05AM
I can't take America whining about fuel prices seriously, not when it's still cheaper than everywhere else, and what with their peculiar tastes to drive big cars they simply waste more per mile for the hell of it.

August 12, 2005 09:09AM
Well, it's not like it's in limited supply or anything.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 12, 2005 09:10AM
Er...Sof...

August 12, 2005 09:17AM
Yessum?

~ Sofi ~

August 12, 2005 09:28AM
Science reports that humanity will have expended the Earths fuel supply within the next 45 years.

August 12, 2005 09:47AM
You should try living in the UK!!!! Some rough calculations I did mean that we pay $7.5 a gallon!

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
August 12, 2005 01:20PM
ummm okay, so say you have to fill up 5 times a month, 5 X 8.25=41.25 extra a month.....starting to see where the problem is coming in? That's not to mention, what if you want to take a family vacation? Better stay close to home. Then there is also the fact that it's allready hit $3 here in Cali......it really starts to add up. If you want to take it even farther than that, you could say that 41.25x12=495. Not only that, but gas prices affect everything, the cost of all transportation is going up. Now, other people will argue that in Europe they pay a lot more per Gallon than we do, however, in Europe they offer a much more extensive mass transportation system. Plain and simple, California is getting hit the hardest because commuters don't have very many options and the price of everything is going up on top of the price of gas. It isn't just $8 a tank extra, it's putting our economy into stagflation and making it hard for our country to compete with other country's. There's a bigger picture than the individual here.
August 12, 2005 01:32PM
because of gas prices.....

they are increasing food....especially produce and meat prices

even sams club is getting pricey

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
August 12, 2005 01:53PM
Material Girl---

You think you are all slick b/c you can multiply my results times 5?

You could have mentioned all the other products which are made from oil BESIDES gasoline for our cars.

You could have mentioned that it will affect fares for air travel. Heat for the winter.

Bigger picture than the individual? Yeah.. you know what it is? Greedy Corporate America. I read a couple of weeks ago that the profits in the previous quarter for Exxon/Mobil were over expectations.

Gee. I wonder why.

The prices rise b/c they can. Doesn't matter if its $1 gallon or $6 gallon. We are all going to pay it. The media claims its unrest in the middle east, relations with Saudia Arabia,and storms in the Carribean which affect the refineries.

Bullshit.

I say it's the board of directors who want a 5th vacation ski house in Lake Tahoe.

I would pay an extra $8/week for a timeshare in Tahoe. The W00ter would come too.

Invite me.

August 12, 2005 02:07PM
first of all, don't call me material girl. Second of all, I agree that it's the CEO's of these company's that are rising the prices.....why do you think oil prices suddenly jumped when Bush got into office? There are no checks and balances anymore, these large company's are allowed to run rampant with their greed, hence why it pisses me off. Now why exactly are you going to just roll over and except these fuckers fucking you up the ass? That's why people are bitching, because the oil company's have us by the balls and there isn't much we can do about it.
August 12, 2005 03:39PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 12, 2005 03:46PM
yeah, but Genesis.....how often do you have no other option than to drive?
August 12, 2005 04:07PM
when ur broke that $8 difference means alot especially when u dont make enough at work and have to fill up weekly...that $8 could go to the movies or a show or what not id rather spend the extra 8 dollars on something like that than on gas when theres no need for it to cost so much...this raises costs of many things and then boom people cant afford to live...how can we live life happily when we hav eto worry about money...arg i hate money

*~Bernadette~*
August 13, 2005 02:48AM
why the hell are you all complaining when thats how it is for the rest of us? you really think we want to pay more for petrol and wouldnt prefer to go to the cinema?! and no offence but you try taking a bus or a train anywhere in this country and you'll realise that although we may have public transport it doesnt function properly....
August 13, 2005 03:27AM
Don't be silly, Sketch. If oil was in a limited supply, there's no way they'd be able to sell it as cheap as they do in America. That'd be silly. People would continue to buy huge amounts, for their stupid 'gas-guzzler' cars, and it'd run out even more quickly. That'd be like leading your country into complete chaos. Surely then it'd be much better for the people in the long term to have higher prices; car manufacturers would have to spend more on investingating other fuels, less people would probably drive so they'd have to get a better public-transport system,and YAY! they'd have oil for much longer for the things they really need it for. And that'd be oh-so mean of them on the rest of the world, to use up global oil supplies with the unnecessary consumption by their cars, just because it's cheap there. No, it definitely can't be limited.

You think it's going to cause problems to the economy raising prices a little? As big a problem as in a few years time and there is none left and your whole country goes into complete turmoil?

And it has nothing to do with the oil company executives. Exxon Mobil makes the majority of it's money from corporately selling crude oil. If they wanted another holiday, raising the price of domestic refined-petrol would probably be the least efficient way to go about it.

~ Sofi ~

August 13, 2005 03:31AM
August 13, 2005 04:14AM
Sofi, by all means pointlessly argue with the scientists whose studies showed it, but don't shoot the messenger. As to why America still sells it so cheap... I'm not going down that road.

Global car manufacturers are spending billions of their profit margins on fuel cells and hydrogen based engines (as they have been for over the past two decades); and depite what we would like to believe, they wouldn't throw so much money at these expensive R&D technologies simply to help out the environment out of the goodness of their hearts.

Post Edited (08-13-05 13:21)
August 13, 2005 04:42AM
Sarcasm, it's a wonderful thing.

~ Sofi ~

August 13, 2005 02:36PM
Easy way to get gas prices to drop. Really, really simple. It calls for all of the piece of **** SUV drivers cruising down the suburban streets of Long Island and San Diego and Chicago to take their heads of their asses.

It's supply and demand. We're using more gas than we've ever used, and now it's costing us more. It isn't Bush. It isn't the evil corporations who've been fucking us around all along. It's us. We're stupid, greedy assholes who expect everything to be given to us for free, or at least at Costco prices, and we're finding out at last that it doesn't work that way.

When Mrs. Soccer Mom and Mr. "I've Got A Small Penis And Need A Giant Car That Seats As Many People As A Taurus" get over their inferiority complexes, I won't have to spend as much money for gas and neither will you.

Seeing as we're Americans and we always want everything bigger and better, though, we're just going to go ahead and keep fucking ourselves over. It's what we do in this day and age of spoiled "gimme more for less" mentality.

Then when China's the leading economic and military power in the world and they cash in on the U.S. bonds that they've bought off of us while we spend and spend and spend on the American dream and we go bankrupt as a nation, guess who's to blame?

The sun sets on every empire, though, doesn't it? And almost every empire collapses from within when its people get lazy and gluttonous.

Epidemic update: 2/3 of American adults are overweight. 1/2 of American children are.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 15, 2005 03:54PM
We should drill for oil here in america and stop depending on the middle east. And no there is no short on demand. We defintly should drill for oil in alaska but we cannot do that cause of the enviromentalist bullshit yes bullshit. I agree on saving the earth but this is going to far we need fuel no one can afford 2.69 a gallion. Thats still too much we need it dropped some people have to freaking uise a tank of gas everydfay for there job.

August 15, 2005 04:48PM
August 16, 2005 05:16AM
i will never ever care about gas prices as long as i have a fuel efficient car. not a hybrid or anything, it's just a mitsubishi, but it's small, and so WITH the rise of gas prices, it only costs 25$ to fill my tank, and then it fucking lasts FOREVER. i seriously fill my car up once every 4 days, despite going to work everyday and going out. so if you have a gas-guzzling car, well yeah i guess it sucks for you. but that's your own choice. fucking hummers, i swear.
August 16, 2005 06:39AM

We should drill for oil here in america and stop depending on the middle east. And no there is no short on demand. We defintly should drill for oil in alaska but we cannot do that cause of the enviromentalist bullshit yes bullshit. I agree on saving the earth but this is going to far we need fuel no one can afford 2.69 a gallion. Thats still too much we need it dropped some people have to freaking uise a tank of gas everydfay for there job.

Most American oil doesn't come from the Middle East, it comes from South America.

There's a ton of oil to be had in the oceans.

We flew to the moon 40 years ago and are unable to develop an alternative energy source? Poppycock.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 16, 2005 07:30AM
Poppycock is so good, have you ever had it? It's like the carmelized popcorn and peanuts.... Mmmmm....

~*wOOt!*
August 16, 2005 04:01PM
August 16, 2005 06:38PM
I filled up my 49cc scooter last monday, it cost me $3.40 and so far i've done 78km on it tongue sticking out smiley

Over here the government takes 60% tax out of our petrol price. That sucks.
August 17, 2005 04:39AM
I just saw 'gas', on sale today for 95pence for a litre.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π