ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What are...

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

What are...
April 18, 2003 09:15AM
Some things that are often argued about? I have to do something for philosophy on an argument.. tell three sides of the argument, basically. So I was wondering if any of y'all have creative ideas... I mean, unlike the usually debated ones like abortion, euthanasia, gun control... all that. I've had to do this before for that class and I did it on how I think smokers should smoke outside. That one only had to have two sides. Anywho, anyone have any ideas?? smiling smiley
Re: What are...
April 18, 2003 11:16AM
I don't know if this will make any sense but you could always debate a historical issue. One example may be the dropping of the A-bombs on Japan. You could discuss how it helped win WWII, while debating that it killed thousands of people. There's a heck of alot of info on the subject. I'm sure you could think of a third side. Or you could do a paper on something else that could be debated. For example the influence of music on society. You could say that music effects our culture, or come up with reasons for why it dosen't do anything. No matter what you do, remember to look from an un-baised perspective, I'm sure you'll think of something.
April 18, 2003 02:14PM

Post Edited (04-19-03 02:21)
April 18, 2003 03:52PM
I like that music in society one, that's good thinkin' ::nods:: I don't know enough about the Japan/bomb thing to be able to write about it efficiently. And religion is a good idea too. I shall have to think about this, hehe. smiling smiley
April 20, 2003 05:46AM
How about dating people and if looks play a role? Somethin like that..

I absolutely love her when she smiles
April 20, 2003 06:19AM
I wonder where you got that idea from.... ::thinks:: Anywho, I thought about doing that but I don't know if I could think of three different sides for it. smiling smiley
April 21, 2003 11:03AM
*when/where to have sex and if it is appropriate, etc.
*grades/school stuff
*chores
*feelings

April 21, 2003 02:18PM
Oooh, that sex one is really good. There are many sides to that. Not sure if I want to get up and discuss it though lol, there are some very debating people in my class that will question my opinion no matter what it is. But oh well, hehe. Thanks for the ideas! smiling smiley
April 21, 2003 02:30PM

Aliens, can you use this as third side of ANY issue?:

I think there IS a third "side" in the few, very crucial issues that manage to garner more than 15 minutes of the popular American attention span today.
And that side is a *kind* of apathy (need a better word here,apathy is not sinister enough..)....a callous disregard for any issue,any
situation,any people or thing that does not have IMMEDIATE,direct
effect on the BASE comfort level of average well fed American.

This is a VERY lethal "side" to fall on because it (very effectively ! )propagates ignorance
then mis-information-----always turns to cruelty
(even passive neglect is cruelty!)derision, then violence....

But look what it does best,in our times especially: it facillitates
the power and unquestioned control of the corrupt minority.
Who know,and play on,the misinformed,fearful,disaffected,angered,
divided,and VERY EASILY DISTRACTED
mind of the average American.
It doesnt take too much to have whole populations fall over to this "side",its a chain reaction of the unengaged, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of the individual ,then the group.
And the sound is deafening.

April 21, 2003 03:06PM
Also,per Hat Fairy subjects:
Are you discussing Abombs/Japan sides of issue at TIME of issue or the sides of that issue today.....because I think you could make a good case that there are those" 3 sides " present today ...
a fact that would probably make Harry Truman churl his guts out if he only knew...

Anyway,comparative discussion of" sides" now and then could be EXTRA credit or something!

PS Hat Fairy: that is a great name! I love that !
April 21, 2003 03:09PM
So anyway "aliens," let's pretend those last two posts didn't happen tongue sticking out smiley

April 21, 2003 03:37PM

No.

"We" will read and consider the post if it speaks to the topic
and offers any information we MIGHT CHOOSE to use for the school assignment.

" You" will stay out of my way.
ENDQUOTE.

April 21, 2003 03:39PM
No deal..out grinning smiley

April 21, 2003 04:09PM
i yelled at a kid in class who yelled at a kid giving a speech against gun control

what fun what fun

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π