Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This Music

Posted by Bones45 

This Music
April 19, 2003 03:10PM
THIS MUSIC

Is one of the best tunes that the band has every made.

The first time I ever heard it was at the Long Island Brewing Company on Jericho Turnpike. It's gone..now its another restaurant. Right at the corner of Round Swamp Road and Rt 25. Back in 1997 maybe? Not sure...

You get both Bri and Johns voices. Brian on harmonica too. (also saw him with the long hair tied back in a ponytail.) They talk about being in a Long Island cover band and how much it blows (no matter how much I loved it), how much they loved peforming the original stuff. Traveling to NYC to perform...

"No cover scene bull$hit......"

You know...this is going to be a mantra (spelling?) of new artists to come....
Re: This Music
April 19, 2003 04:24PM
OMG. Scott, I love you.

I thought I was like one of the only people alive that think this song is just spectacular! (spectacular spectacular...)

Colleen.

April 19, 2003 05:03PM
I loooooooove it lots

MUAH This Music

Mandy
April 20, 2003 12:13AM
It's a really good song, especially John's part in it, but it's not one of my fav Monday Songs. OK City, I'd Go Crazy and Agent Bobby Roe are still better.

But, it's a good piece of music, really some sort of a 'Nine Days classic' I think.
April 20, 2003 01:10AM
back in the day.. when i was the FIRST one to hear this in BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH PUB in RANDOMLITOWN, back in the day probably before you were BORN... etc etc etc

okaaaaaaay scott, i get it.
April 20, 2003 01:17AM
Yeah I loved it the first time I heard it. I love when they say "it's so hard here on LI" it makes me happy to hear Long Island when I'm am so far away (hehehe) in syracuse.

~MeLiSsA
April 20, 2003 02:48AM
i totally agree with all your praise. it's my favorite song by them that's not on "the madding crowd" and "so happily unsatisfied" (except for possibly "another day", but it's close). this song has everything: john and brian both singing, harmonica, great lyrics and amazing music. kick ass!
April 20, 2003 03:28AM
I agree. It's totally catchy, and I find myself singing the chorus at random times in the day, then smacking myself because I say "what I want" before "what I've got." Any song that praises music is A-OK in my eye.

Cheran
---
Qui a besoin d'un coeur quand un coeur peut ?tre cass
April 20, 2003 06:39AM
i LOVE this song!!

and id like to note that back in the "if you could request the last song of the set at the downtown" thread this was my request. this or waiting on a corner, because they are both just so fun.
April 20, 2003 06:47AM
I think we should petition for this song to go back in the set rotation...

Yes....We should do this....
April 20, 2003 06:53AM
definitely.

but not in tx. none of us can make it to tx.

Post Edited (04-20-03 17:32)
April 20, 2003 09:36AM
And again I say...damn graduation!!

~MeLiSsA
April 20, 2003 11:11AM
How dare they plan it on the same day as a Nine Days concert! smiling smiley But anywho, I can't go either 'cause I was already planning to go to Tx this summer with some friends, but one of them can't make it that early.. I'm hoping they'll have a concert a little nearer to MN this summer. smiling smiley
April 20, 2003 02:52PM
Someone please tell me why Kazaa hasto be stupid and not have the song you guys are talking about. Do the Kazaa gods hate me or something?

why? WHY?!?

Kat

"The Password is..."
April 20, 2003 03:00PM
Isn't it up on this web site? Or is it not working again?

Cheran
---
April 20, 2003 03:02PM
I couldn't get any of 'em on this site to work.. either it's the computer or the operater though, haha, probably the latter of the two. smiling smiley
April 21, 2003 06:28AM
Hmmm, it worked for me. Just right-click the link and hit "save target as..." (if you're using IE...not sure how it is for Netscape or others).

Cheran
---
April 21, 2003 07:36AM
::raises hand:: eh hem...im pretty sure im going to texas

Mandy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π