ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

why bother to keep this site up

Posted by spb49ers 

why bother to keep this site up
September 13, 2005 02:12PM
Just a question ....this site has not been updated in almost a year......and hampson's site links to the forum.....why keep the site up.....obviously nine days is through or new stuff would be happening....also hampson's album (due this summer?) never happened either....since summer is over.....i am a nine days fan, but i just think its sad and depressing....to people that can't come to the concerts on long island or NYC.......i really hate sony for dumping them.....

"We don't ask for much
Just a little to get by
Enough to keep us grounded while the rest are getting high
And while we play hard, while we keep it real
Search for water in this desert, we don't have to steal"
Re: why bother to keep this site up
September 13, 2005 06:30PM
b/c other than just a board for the band, many people have become friends on this board and we all have conversations...and keep in touch...
and we love ninedays....

*~Bernadette~*
September 14, 2005 12:16AM
I've often pondered this myself. But then Bernadette's response is similar to what I come up with. Also, given that we're a 'ready-made' fanbase of many a generation, it's a handy resource to have when you're attempting to make it on your own. Not many solo artists without a label can claim that they already have a global community behind them; that follows and appreciates their music.

For a few dollars a month in hosting, only an idiot would throw all that hard work previously achieved away; though I will admit the site itself... since it's being paid for... could use some TLC.

I think ideally the forums would be moved to one of the two solo domains, renamed 'ND/BD/JH Message Boards' and the current domain abandoned, but then how do you decide which of the two it should reside in? This domain 'ninedaysmusic' is currently a shared, and fair 'neutral zone'.

One thing is for certain, two seperate forums would be a pain in the ass... and it would also serve only to break up the community as it stands, not least the new fans who occasionally still trickle in of their own accord, thanks to searching in Google for the words 'nine days + music' and therefore, we're all still here in 'limbo'.

I don't have any facts to back what I'm saying up, but to me atleast, it's the common sense behind why we're all still here... and despite the ND hiatus, still posting.

Post Edited (09-14-05 09:18)
September 14, 2005 03:29AM
Because it's sexiful is why.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
September 14, 2005 01:13PM
I agree with Sofi. Very sexiful.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
September 17, 2005 06:58AM
Because without this message board who would I ever talk to? :-P

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π