ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So I Made My Own Beer

Posted by The Turkey 

So I Made My Own Beer
September 14, 2005 01:35PM
John Cleese telling my people off reminded me that I made my own beer. It wasn't a "Proper English Bitter" but it was a run of the mill English Pale, or so it was supposed to be.

I failed to take my brewpot off the flame while adding my malt, and thus some was scorched on the bottom. This has resulted in an astringent, burned, smokey aftertaste that ruins my poor beer. Only for me, though. No one else seems to have a problem with it; but it really is awful, or my standards are too high.

I'll next be making a "Proper Boston Ale" and then a "Proper American Porter" OR a "Proper Americanized IPA."

I'm sure you're all excited to hear about my brewing exploits. It's a new fabulous hobby of mine.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: So I Made My Own Beer
September 14, 2005 02:28PM
GIVE ME SOME.
September 15, 2005 12:53PM
run. fast.
September 16, 2005 08:22AM
My uncle makes alcohol. Or well used to, I think the first run was a failure and I have never heard any more of it.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
September 16, 2005 12:29PM
Australian beer is the worst in the world. It displays all of the characteristics you described of your own beer. I resorted to drinking premixed Jim Beam and Cola lastnight...seemed to work good.

Hey you did good, at least you made the effort to do it right. As with anything it takes awhile to get the desired result. Just stick at it.
September 16, 2005 12:58PM
I've already got my Boston ale and porter recipes coming in the mail. Figure to brew next Sunday.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 17, 2005 07:01AM
Go Boston. I'll be there in three lovely weeks. Not to drink though, no worries. Although I saw Fever Pitch yesterday and it was such a cute movie! I suggest seeing it even if you hate the Sox it's still super cute.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π