ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Posted by Slaneyder 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
November 24, 2005 11:01AM
It's pretty much over now, but Happy Turkey Day anyway. ^^ Eat lots of pumpkin pie,

"I don't care what your grandmother says, Harlequin romance novels do NOT qualify as influential literature!"
Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
November 24, 2005 12:29PM
im loving it
November 24, 2005 03:44PM
happy turkey day to u too!
food was so yummy

*~Bernadette~*
November 24, 2005 05:38PM
Happy The Turkey day.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
November 24, 2005 08:01PM
we don't have thanksgiving in the UK, what is it? I know you have like a big christmas dinner but what are you celebrating - what are you giving thanks too.
November 25, 2005 12:38AM
You're giving thanks for whatever you wish to give thanks for. It's different things for different people.
November 25, 2005 02:33AM
When the Pilgrims fled your country because of the horrendous religious persecution going on there, they landed in a horrible, cold land where they couldn't grow barley to brew beer so they had to use corn and pumpkin instead. The friendly Indians there, chiefly a chap named Squanto, showed them how to grow corn and survive on the land, and they had a big celebration dinner giving thanks to God and to everything else that made them glad in this new land.

The great-grandchildren of the Pilgrims then proceeded to kill Squanto's great-grandchildren some time later.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 28, 2005 03:46AM
the moment i read that USAFALL2004 ask about thanksgiving, i had a feeling that mike would respond in the manner that he did. you're becoming predictable, sir, but still highly amusing.

as for me, thanksgiving is one of my least favorite holidays. sitting around eating turkey, which i really don't like, and watching that god-awful macy's day parade? no thanks. and the ridiculous sales the day of and :::shudder::: the day after? i don't know how many you work in retail, but those days are the equivilant of having many sharp needles being shoved into your crotch over and over. it starts out annoying, then ends up miserably painful. i hate thanksgiving.

christmas food is better, anyways.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
November 28, 2005 03:51AM
a) Why are they called pilgrims? They don't sound very pilgrim-ish

b) I would really like to meet somebody who does actually like turkey

c) I get two Christmas eve's, Christmas day's and Boxing Day's this year yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 28, 2005 08:00AM
a) Because that's how we roll.

b) Turkey is absolutely awful the way most people they make it. They cook it at 9 oclock in the morning and let it sit for hours until they eat it so it's cold and dry and awful. If they just cook it, let it sit 10 minutes and then eat it, it's incredible. If it's fried, it's even better.

c) How's that work?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 28, 2005 08:26AM
a) How illogical.

b) Turkey's young friend, Mr. Chicken, is far supirior

c) Adults of today suck. A lot of my friends have unusual or messed up family situations and cannot have proper Christmases (Christmae?) with family this year. Plus, we can't all be together for actual Christmas anyway, so we're having a full traditional Christmas from the 20th to 22nd, complete with tree decoration, Christmas lunching and Christmassy alcoools. Yeah, I do have the best friends ever. Yes, you should be jealous. Yes, the girls are hot too yawning smiley)

Post Edited (11-28-05 17:27)

~ Sofi ~

November 28, 2005 09:54AM
a) Whatevs

b) Chicken is better, you're right, except in rare case

c) Damn.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 28, 2005 09:57AM
What's hot is that you think your girlfriends are hot.

November 28, 2005 02:52PM
Makes you wonder what they do when they're alone.

Okay, so it make ME wonder what they do when they're alone. smiling smiley
November 28, 2005 07:37PM
I did the entirity of my Christmas shopping in the space of last Sunday afternoon. Yes, that's right, I'm like a yuletide shopping God or something...

Zig-zagging between hordes of bumbling wellwishers is a skill I have honed. Nimble with the old street-feet-action here, darting between and around the dazed and confused who allow themselves to fall victim to the merciless winter bite, pondering what to do about that one particular toy that Timmy was adamant he wanted which as it turns out has been on pre-order everywhere since February.

I find that it's usually much easier after you make those first couple of purchases, you can then sort of use your biggest presents as threatening visual leverage for bemused, sickly idiots to get the **** outta the way, should they be idley meandering in an aisle or doorway.

Sadly, this doesn't work with women who have buggies as they will still undoubtedly dart out of shop fronts and obliterate your ankles or force you to slam on the brakes to avoid crushing their first born with something cumbersome and sporting a jaunty red bow.

There's sort of a heirarchy with shopping, and God forbid anyone who attempts to tackle 'the mother with the buggy'. She's having none of it, ever, even when common sense should be hollering at her that everyone else weighs a damn sight more than her kid, so she should ideally be considering the squish factor.

In the event that just reading this has made you hyperventilate and want to put off venturing out into your own chilly festive escapade for just that little bit longer, behold the consumer power of 'Froogle'. Top tip for festive savings that won't irritate 'pavement rage'.

Just make sure you order things from the e-tailers pretty sharpish, as like the big jolly man himself, they all have a lot to deliver... and to each of you, ahead of time incase I'm not around, 'Merry Christmas'.

Post Edited (11-29-05 04:58)
November 29, 2005 05:56AM
I'm think of trying Christmas shopping tomorrow; it might be more bearable with 90% people in work or school.

~ Sofi ~

November 29, 2005 06:09AM
Several hundred thousand people are likely thinking the very same thing.

November 29, 2005 07:25AM
Hey, i'm new to this message board, does anyone know if nine days is going to go on tour again? They're so effin good and I want to see them. Happy thanksgiving!
i guess if anyone's interested you can check out my band
www.myspace.com/mosaikpa
cody
November 30, 2005 04:37AM
Eeee. Look at the supreme cuteness of the Operation Christmas Child gifts I got!

I feel all Christmassy now yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

November 30, 2005 07:47AM
Did I mention I got a car for Thanksgiving?

~*wOOt!*
November 30, 2005 02:48PM
No you didn't, Taylor. You don't get presents on Thanksgiving.

I mean, cool!
December 01, 2005 01:26AM
What is "Molton" and does it burn?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
December 01, 2005 07:18AM
Molton Brown is a ridiculously expensive cosmetics and toiletries brand. But they also provide free bars of soap of planes. So yes, I guess it would burn.

~ Sofi ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π