ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fact of the day

Posted by sofi123 

Fact of the day
January 26, 2006 08:44AM
So you're supposed to learn something new every day, and I would actually like to do this.

Please provide an interesting and insightful fact of the day, about whatever you wish.

I shall start: From my lovely essay about the causes of hunger and disease, I have learnt that Europeans spend the same amount of money every year on ice crem as is necessary to provide the entire world with sanitation and a clean water supply, cutting up to 30% disease.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Re: Fact of the day
January 26, 2006 09:46AM
I learned in my gender studies class today that American women spend twice as much when they go shopping as men.

Now I'm not sure if this means like all shopping including groceries, electronics, automobiles, etc. or if it's just on stuff that's at the mall like clothes.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
January 26, 2006 10:08AM
today i learned that the average temperature in la selva, costa rica in april is ~70*F and 21.1*C.

*~katie~*
January 26, 2006 10:24AM
I remembered today that funk is the most awesome music to play ever.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 26, 2006 10:27AM
That's not a fact, that's an opinion. And you will never lick your elbow.
January 26, 2006 10:43AM
Recycling funds terrorism.

Don't get sucked in. Every can you recycle is a gun in a militant's hands, or a bullet in a child's extremities. Every bottle you recycle is... I dunno, the window of a helicopter that they use to shoot newborn babies or something.

That is my fact for you.

January 26, 2006 11:40AM
man i lived in germany almost 3 years and the people there eat ice cream like freaks...also in the winter...wtf
uhsahUHSU

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

January 26, 2006 11:49AM
There is a 1 in 10 chance that Chuck Norris is your biological father.

Fact.

January 26, 2006 12:17PM
2 in 10.

The man has two testicles and deadly efficiency.

January 26, 2006 12:19PM
Uhm by the way its not true you can't lick your elbow becuase I can. And so can my best friend and her mom. There are some freaky people out there let me tell you.

My fact of the day is: Most architecture in NYC in the early 1900's was based off of roman and greek buildings.

~*wOOt!*
January 26, 2006 01:01PM
Oh but it is a fact, as I say so. Try it sometime and then try and argue.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 26, 2006 06:16PM
Fact of the day: Taco Bell is delicious.... smiling smiley

~Kevin~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π