ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Grammy's

Posted by USAFALL2004 

Grammy's
February 14, 2006 03:23AM
Another great show, I don't know why american idol had more ratings. U2 deserved it all and so gald green day got record of the year for blvd of broken dreams.

the grammy's are always better than the brit awards which is this thursday. There are normaly a couple of rubbish performances at the brits there were none at the grammys.
My favorites were U2 with Mary j blige, kelly clarkson, and the sly family tribute (who was the guy singing who came out with fantasia?)

Why the grammy's are better:

the artist/bands put 100% into there perfomances.
americans always actually dress up and not look scruffy at award shows
bigger budget makes a better looking stage and effects.
Re: Grammy's
February 14, 2006 04:41AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
February 14, 2006 06:42AM
All of america's music is **** pretty much. Green Day is the most overated band ever. The britain music awards atleast have some bands that have talent.

Also U2 is good and deserved to get an award but they didn't deserve 5 awards at all just one or 2.

February 14, 2006 07:21AM
I agreed with genesis, they were mediocre i think that the grammys and oscars are having a low perfor,ance the last couple of years, they're not the same, too much hip-hop and gay movies

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
February 14, 2006 08:46AM
gay movies are corrupting the youth of this planet.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
February 14, 2006 09:52AM
February 14, 2006 09:53AM
great 198 wrote:

<gay movies are corrupting the youth of this planet.

Thats right man...

&quot;RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!&quot;
February 14, 2006 10:16AM
"who was the guy singing who came out with fantasia"

His name is Devon something or other...he used to be in that boyband "LFO" (they had that annoying song "Summer Girls" a few years back)...only reason I know that is because this girl on my livejournal friendslist used to be OBSESSED with them and was FREAKING OUT over him being on screen. Oy.

~lori~
February 14, 2006 10:27AM
i think he's name is devin lima or something like that, im not sure, but i remeber LFO, the freaking song didt stop to sound... i hated it (N)

February 14, 2006 01:12PM
Nothing wrong with gay movies our music industry has pretty much ran out of any ideas I guess they didn't have much left to be slightly original so gay movies are being used a little.

February 14, 2006 11:38PM
''Also U2 is good and deserved to get an award but they didn't deserve 5 awards at all just one or 2.''

Who do you think should of won then, I think coldplay should of won best album, I hope they get it tonight at the brit awards.

As for greenday geting record of the year, it was desereved since the song was realeased at the start of last year. And they were up of for about 6 awards last year and only went way with 'best rock album'. Maroon 5 got best pop perfomace by a duo/group for 'this love' and that was released in summer 2004! Don't care though big fan of there music

I think U2 should of got 4 awards, with the 5th award 'best rock album' going to the oustanding coldplay.

I don't think greenday are overrated at all not in the UK anyway, no one over here didn't care who they were until 'american idiot' was released, they got huge new fan base and they have broken the mould for not just being the band who made 'dookie'. American Idiot was my first green day album they have re-invented themselves it's like nothing they have done before. Fresh new music.

most of the nominees at tonights brits are well overrated: kaiser chiefs, arctic monkeys, james blunt (he's good though). I think the only acts who are not getting a lot of hype at this years awards are: coldplay,oasis,kt tunstall.

Post Edited (02-15-06 08:41)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
February 14, 2006 11:49PM
''i think he's name is devin lima or something like that, im not sure, but i remeber LFO, the freaking song didt stop to sound... i hated it (N)''

I have never heard of them, I just went on to amazon though and listened to some of there stuff. Another boring boy band then.
I thought he was from a rock band when I saw him at the grammys (he did look like a rocker with all those tatoos). Did the group split up then? Did he go solo?
February 15, 2006 06:47AM
All the guys who came from boy bands wants be a rockstar, and they suck on it =P

February 15, 2006 07:54AM
Coldplay's new stuff puts me to sleep, and greenday is way overrated. They wrote a political song that gave a bunch of apathetic teens an opinion without having to think about things. It is a good album, but it's not amazing.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
February 15, 2006 09:33AM
February 15, 2006 10:39AM
i didnt like american idiot, it is a good record, but its not the real green day, i have they others material and american idiot is to POP, pure marketing...

February 15, 2006 11:12AM
Pop or not, I would choose American Idiot over most of Green Day's other material.

February 15, 2006 11:41AM
ohh well thats truee, is the best but, i dont know man =S

February 16, 2006 05:31AM
I would too.
February 16, 2006 09:01PM
musicdude wrote:

> They wrote a political song that gave a bunch
> of apathetic teens an opinion without having to
> think about things.

Well said!
February 26, 2006 09:05AM
maroon 5 were nominated is the best pop perfomance by a duo/group for 'this love' because it was taken of there live album 'friday 13th' what came out last september. I was looking at the winner list from the grammy site.
February 26, 2006 09:14AM
ohh that album is awesone, love the SWEETEST GOODBYE and SECRET versions=P

February 26, 2006 01:54PM
Coldplay makes boring music not bad music just boring

Green Day also isn't bad they just don't have anything worthy of any awards or an album that sells over 250,000 for that matter.

February 27, 2006 02:21AM
hey be careful about you say of coldplay, they're awesoneee, its hard in this times found a very famoues band who make good music!

February 27, 2006 09:20PM
green day/maroon 5/coldplay, best bands around today
February 28, 2006 02:30AM
Hmm.. a lot of the Greenday songs I've heard have sounded similar to each other.

&quot;It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along&quot;
February 28, 2006 04:52AM
maroon 5!! i can wait for another record, they have plans to make a new one?

February 28, 2006 05:01AM
maroon 5 are in the studio working on a new album.

I think green days old songs from the 90s sound similar. American idiot is the only album were the songs sound different. I wouldn't buy any of thre old albums because I only like some of the songs - I have american idiot and international superhits (i like most of the songs on there)
February 28, 2006 09:31AM
awesone news from marron 5 =P

March 02, 2006 06:52AM
Author: musicdude (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: 02-15-06 16:54
Coldplay's new stuff puts me to sleep, and greenday is way overrated. They wrote a political song that gave a bunch of apathetic teens an opinion without having to think about things. It is a good album, but it's not amazing.

You must be talking about typical sterotype americans (paris hilton,Orange county type) then who just got the album because it was the in thing at the time and cool.

I already have an opinion, however if this gave you one without having to think about it you really don't have a mind of your own then do you.

As bille joe said 'it came from the heart, you can't sing something if you don't believe in it'.

IT'S AMAZING

Post Edited (03-02-06 15:56)

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π