ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Laptop troubles

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Re: Laptop troubles
March 10, 2006 03:02PM
As for the Laptop issue, sorry but your pretty much going to have to spend some serios bucks which in turn would probably be better spent buying a better faster more economic laptop.
As for MS!
Win 2003 Server is the smoothest I have seen so far in Win App's for server base. I ran 2000 Server for awhile but I replaced it with 2003! AD is certainly tougher in 2000 than in 2003
Beta Longhorn is soon to be Vista and yes it's sort of like Apples interface but without Steven J. getting any cash for it.
I Run Win 2000 Pro and XP MCE(which you cannot join to a domain but it is a very good OS for Home users with no server)
I just cant wait for Vista...... They need it like a hole in the head!
Why cant they just fix the old **** so we don't have to migrate other **** that will most likely fail from other ****.
I am so glad Mike rang in with Linux (Obviosly written to get a debate)because it really is the preferred amongst geeks. You can't sell MS to Linux users but I bet they secretly run MS Apps somewhere. Right Mike!!!
Hey why not load a Virtual PC to run all of the OS's from 95 Up!!!
And again another batch of certs for MS to get more money from us geeks because they make no money on their software!
It's a never ending battle!
I have an XPS Gen2 2GHz-Laptop-No Issues and XPS Gen 4-3.46GHz Desktop-No Issues - Sony1GHz VAIO Desktop-It Sucks due to incorporated **** but really No Issues -XPS-233 Desktop with MMX and a built 233 MHz Desktop No MMX with No Issues other than being old and slow but they are good terminals which I can run software from the server instead of the machines itself.
And I'm still not happy!
I want a Poweredge dammit!
March 10, 2006 11:29PM
[geek]

I've not tried the MCE, do you have it coupled with a shiny new X360? Streaming audio goodness into games and such?

Whilst the XPS rigs both above and below the desk look sleek enough, do they have any potential upgradeability due to Dell's fondness of proprietary hardware?

Also, do you think that the rumours are true about Dell buying out Alienware?

[/geek]

March 11, 2006 05:49PM
Alienware is a weird mix with Dell but they do have a fondness in the appeal of it's look for younger users. Lots of lights and stuff! I'm waiting for them to release some kind of touch sensitive device on their case that makes it talk dirty to you!
It's kind of like a Civic with the loud pipe and ropes underneath!
If you look at both sites you will find that both alienware and Dell sites are generally the same so this may have been in the works already but they are trying hard to conceal it. Obviously they didn't do a good job of it!
The Dell Gen 4 is huge but what I like is that there are HD Bays everywhere and such good capacity for upgrades in Hardware. Every Machine and every brand has it's flaws but Dell stayed true to the Gamers and Techies even though they had to try to compete with less cost machines such as Gateway and Compaq.
I hardly use the Gen4 machine other than for music, TV, video editing, cakewalk etc... but I love MCE other than the domain situation.
It's running so good that I don't want to screw it up!
My next machine if I need anything faster will be a Dual Core!
I don't play games much but I may start soon. From what i'm hearing the X360 is heating up too much and the HD is failing, so I may wait a little longer to get it (really I just dont want my son to bash it up before I get good use from it)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π