ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deaf in one ear.

Posted by Sketch01 

Deaf in one ear.
March 02, 2006 05:12AM
I have been deaf in one ear for nearly a week. I just woke up one morning and there it was : Mono.

My right channel just isn't functioning very well. I expected to hear the 'pop' that eased my concerns shortly after waking, I even tried using water in the shower to clear it up... and earbuds.

But nothing.

Have I an ear infection? What will sort it out? I know there are clever medical students of various disciplines who stalk the boards so I'm hoping they'll emerge from the woodwork and issue some reassuring words of advice.

This whole lack of Stereo is quite alarming.

Re: Deaf in one ear.
March 02, 2006 05:16AM

Turn down the Tesla.
March 02, 2006 06:42AM
Just go to the doctor quickly, beacause that is pretty serious, maybe not right now but then you can maybe feel dizzy beacause the ears can control a lot our balance while we're walking, maybe is just dust and dirty that are in a complicate position and block the sound, just go, 5 minutes with the doc will not kill you

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
March 02, 2006 07:15AM
Turn it down to 10.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 02, 2006 09:31AM
I had something similar once where my ear was extremely plugged up and they gave me some large pills for it, I believe. Hopefully it is just something like that.... though I could still hear out of it. It was just rather fuzzy.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 02, 2006 10:09AM
be deaf of one ear for a moment, isssss soooo stressful, how you could stand it for a week ? i'll probably cried if that happens eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
March 02, 2006 01:14PM
Wow, yeah... I didn't read it all I guess. I didn't know it had been almost a week... I went to the doctor either on the day I had the infection or the day after. It was driving me insane.

March 02, 2006 01:26PM
It was my opening sentence you ditz. Haha.

March 02, 2006 01:35PM
I know, but I got about 2 hours of sleep last night...probably just kinda skimmed, got the main idea and replied... But yes, I can be a ditz so that's probably it, haha.

Post Edited (03-02-06 22:35)

March 02, 2006 03:18PM
I like to play this game when I'm driving where I close one eye to cut off my sense of depth perception and then try not to hit the car in front of me at a stop light.

It's not really like this but it's sort of like this.

When are you going to the doctor?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 03, 2006 04:34AM
If you go to the doctor, you're gonna get sick.

~ Sofi ~

March 03, 2006 02:55PM
CLEAN YOUR EARS!

March 04, 2006 09:19PM
BOO!!

Better?

~ Sofi ~

March 05, 2006 04:43AM
My ear hurt all day long yesterday.... it was driving me insane. I could definitely not ever go a week without being able to hear in one and not try and do something about it (doctor, not something on my own), after about the first half hour or less...haha.

March 06, 2006 02:03AM
I woke up one morning deaf in one ear and unable to walk straight.. lol..... My ear was clogged and needed to be earigated.... I went to the doctors cuz i felt drunk and freaked out i couldnt hear....

she unclogged it by using a large syringe and some warm water with peroxide in it.... i just tilted my head, put a bowl to catch the water under it... and she squirted it in my ear gently until a large gaping plug came out.. it was pretty funny.... i immediately could hear like every single tiny sound around me.. i could hear the air. lol.. it was amazing... i did it to the other ear too just to clean them both out... quite amazing...

maybe your problem.. maybe not.. if not then you may have something much worse on your hands.... go to the doctor

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
March 06, 2006 12:47PM
Wait is sketch alright? This is alarming.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π