ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

holy ****...

Posted by scubacayman88 

holy ****...
March 23, 2006 03:01PM
I just finished an eight page research paper, 2,462 words, in a matter of 3.5 hours.......

amazing. and it's not a bad paper, if i do say so myself. and now, i'm spent and going to bed

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Re: holy ****...
March 24, 2006 01:46AM
You know what I absolutely adore doing is writing a paper right before the deadline. I've tried to do things in advance and space them out but I do worse on them that way. When I'm in a rush I zone in and focus.

I wrote one paper for comparative politics that was due at midnight and started it at 9PM. Got an A. Another for Victorian Literature, finished it at 2PM when it was due at 3. Got an A. I write this paper for Celtic History and do everything in advance because it's this case study thing. Have it done well before the deadline. Get a B. No good.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
March 24, 2006 03:31AM
How on Earth do you stretch 2,462 words over EIGHT pages?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 24, 2006 03:44AM
I thrive under pressure.

March 24, 2006 06:43AM
The bad thing is that this last minute paper writing becomes a habit, and you start to rely on it. That's how my propcrastination grew. I almost can't do things in advance anymore even if I set a time for it. I always end up doing things last second.
It grew because last-minute-writing has always worked in the past and that's what I've come to learn and be use to. The sucky thing is, that in the future, papers will only get harder and require more time (not lengh-wise, but research/organizing-wise).
At least that's what I fear. I gotta stop procrastinating... I'll put it on my todo list for later I guess... =/

March 24, 2006 07:27AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
March 24, 2006 07:50AM
Sometimes i've got to study even a day before, my school material for the tests is soooooooooooooooooooo long =|

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
March 24, 2006 09:37AM
Ohhhh I wrote a short story for creative writing, does anyone want to read it?

~*wOOt!*
March 24, 2006 09:39AM
yeahh, post it

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
March 24, 2006 10:46AM
I procrastinate pretty much the whole time. Because there's always another time when I could do it. But then I get to having too little time to actually do it well and just think, "**** it, it's not going to be any good anyway," and end up not handing anything in until it's already late, so I get stupidly low effort grades. But I get away with it cause I have high attainment grades. So I should probably sort that out before it actually means anything.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
March 24, 2006 11:08AM
Yeah, I have found that I can't do something ahead of time either. I try to work on something ahead of time and it just doesn't work. Not too long ago I had huge papers due in all my classes and I had to do some ahead of time to get the rest done, and it just wasn't cool.

What sucks is that I've got a 60 page play due at the end of the semester, and I can't wait on that. I do have some scenes "written" in my head, but I don't think that's good enough.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
March 25, 2006 01:00AM
taylor, post it

yea, i dunno what grade i'll get, it's gonna take at least a week to get back but i thought it was pretty good at least. although my teacher hasn't given me anything above a B+ on any paper i've written for him, so we'll see

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π