Posted by JoeShih 

Re: holy ****!
April 01, 2006 07:12PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 02, 2006 02:15AM
haha classic april fool:p

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
April 02, 2006 08:52AM
my FAVOURITE thing about this 'thing' is that its trying to be an 'april fool'... but there are many MANY mobiles with all of those specs that are in full existance. just not in the lowly usofa lol. jk... but ya'lls fones are way behind the times.

i can watch digital tv, video call, take 3.0 megapixel cameras&video capture, pda, go on real internet with the one i'm getting in may... lol

-christina
April 02, 2006 09:02AM
I can make calls AND send messages. And it goes ring-ring. So nyah yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 02, 2006 09:23AM
I want what Christina's getting but with UWB and about 8-10 flash based gb's built right in.

Digital TV on a handset is sort of an expensive novelty at the moment here. It'll start cooking with gas when they turn off the analog broadcast in about 2008.

Looking forward to it. w00t.

April 02, 2006 11:26AM
Thats go to my christmas list =P

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
April 02, 2006 11:28AM
I can talk on my phone and send texts and when I want to use the internet I can go on my computer at home and when I want to watch TV I can watch my TV at home and I can read books and I can be alone with my thoughts now and then, if just for a little while.

Being constantly wired can't be good for humanity.

-Mike

Post Edited (04-02-06 20:29)

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
April 02, 2006 12:04PM
Technophobic much?

April 02, 2006 02:22PM
yeah...
but can you have sex with it?
April 02, 2006 05:37PM
I have a crush on Mike.

~ Sofi ~

April 03, 2006 05:10AM
Not so much about being a technophobe. God knows I love technology and am on my wireless laptop right now, but do people REALLY need to be online ALL the time and on the phone ALL the time and watching TV ALL the time and listening to music ALL the time?

The constant pumping of images and sounds into people's heads strips away the ability of people to be able to sit down and just think; if you're sitting down anywhere and aren't wired up to something and are just doing nothing but thinking you're a wacko.

Kids are fat and out of shape these days because they don't have to interact and play baseball in real life, they can play baseball on X-Box Live, sitting in a puddle of Mountain Dew and a pile of Cheez Doodlez. No need to read a book because you can go to SparkNotes. No need to research anything because you can go to Wikipedia.

It's like the car. At one point it's like, "Oh, man, you mean I can drive 200 miles in a couple of hours? That's awesome," and then it's like, "Oh, man, this air's, like, totally giving me asthma and stuff."

I have a crush on Mike, too.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 03, 2006 05:56AM
'Not so much about being a technophobe. God knows I love technology and am on my wireless laptop right now, but do people REALLY need to be online ALL the time and on the phone ALL the time and watching TV ALL the time and listening to music ALL the time?'

No, they don't, nor is technology forcing you to do so. What it is doing, is giving you the option to do as little or as much of whatever you want, wherever you want.

I like having that option.

Post Edited (04-03-06 15:10)
April 03, 2006 06:27AM
There was a Time Magazine article about this very topic.

They summed it up pretty nicely: technology these days can do a lot of things, but there are also a lot of things it can't do and young kids these days need to look away from the screens and realize that.

One interesting topic the article brought up was about stimulation: why some people can concentrate with music in the background and why others can't. Research showed that stimulation is like a bell curve, just the right amount can boost your performance level, but too much can crash. Younger generations tend to be able to listen to music (w/ lyrics) and work at the same time. They theorize that this is because these younger kids were born into the computer-multitasking era and their peak of the stimulation curve is higher than preceding generations because they are use to all of the busyness. (And this is sometimes why they can't work in silence, because of the lack stimulation that they have come to be submersed in.)
I personally can't read efficiently while listening to music; I find myself reading the same paragraph over and over again. But I CAN read efficiently with white noise in the room like the TV volume set at 1.
Oh, and I read this article actually from the physical magazine itself. I don't think I could stare at a screen for that long without straining my eyes or something. Plus reading newspapers and magazines are a good way to take a break from television. computers, and stereos and it makes you feel smart/knowledgeable and old-fashionly-sophisticated.

April 03, 2006 07:13AM
My brother cannot listen to a 3 minute song in the car. He just can't do it. We get to the second verse and he will skip half way across a CD for another first verse and chorus. It's REALLY annoying. And pathetic and scary and very, very sad.

Post Edited (04-03-06 16:15)

~ Sofi ~

April 03, 2006 07:19AM
Is it as much of an option, though? My brother, his friends and my cousins the same age, all 12-14, have the attention span and drive to do nothing but stare at a Halo 2 screen. Tell them they have to do a book report and it's like the world is coming to an end. Too many words, too much concentration and too few flashing images or sounds.

As things become more readily available and simple we forget or simply don't learn how to do things. How many people can't figure out percentages or change at a cash register if the drawer isn't working or they have no calculator? Cashiers at the store I work at are absolutely flabbergasted when it comes to figuring out change off the top of their head.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 03, 2006 08:43AM
the one i want also has wifi so i can hook it up to the laptop. its sexy. you know samsung is making a bluetooth house that has like time release instructions that you can send off from your mob on your way home from work. like 'run bath' 'turn oven on' 'turn lights on' 'turn heat on'

for some reason this information REALLY scares me... like think how thats just a disaster waiting to happen... angry smiley

-christina
April 03, 2006 09:10AM
MrsJimboGreen wrote:

> the one i want also has wifi so i can hook it up to the laptop.
> its sexy. you know samsung is making a bluetooth house that has
> like time release instructions that you can send off from your
> mob on your way home from work. like 'run bath' 'turn oven on'
> 'turn lights on' 'turn heat on'
>
> for some reason this information REALLY scares me... like think
> how thats just a disaster waiting to happen... angry smiley
>
>

I wish I had a mob. I'd have them kill people n' stuff. It would be cool...
April 03, 2006 10:05AM
i'm definately one of the people who needs some noise going on in the background to work productively, i prefer music with lyrics although sometimes a tv can work if it's on like a baseball/football game. I can't, however, work with people talking in the background because i'm like too ADD to handle a convo going on and trying not to listen and concentrate at the same time. although i do fine in school w/o music playing so maybe i'm just a weird case

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
April 03, 2006 10:49AM
I've seen that tech in action Christina! It's bloomin' marvellous. Texting 'BOIL KETTLE' to 'HOME' before you leave work.

Want one. yawning smiley)

April 03, 2006 12:35PM

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π