Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

xbox 360

Posted by sicpup71 

xbox 360
April 03, 2006 07:12PM
anyone got one???
Re: xbox 360
April 04, 2006 12:24AM
No because it costs like a zillion dollars.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
April 04, 2006 01:43AM
I'm waiting for Nintendo's Revolution. The ability to download NES, SNES, N64, TurboGrafx 16 and Genesis games anytime I want to trumps anything Sony and Microsoft can do.
April 04, 2006 02:24AM
I want one Lou. I want one.

You didn't get the Core right? You got the whizzy, do all, mega-uber version with chocolatey sprinkles?

April 04, 2006 04:00AM
If the Revolution's biggest selling point is the ability to download 8-bit games, I dunno how much I'd be psyched about it.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 04, 2006 05:50AM
Not a big gamer, Only console I have is the N64 from years ago. Only 3 games too, Rush, Cruising USA, and STARFOX! Though the thing is like 6 years old, last time I played Starfox was like only a few months ago, haha. That still is a great game.

April 04, 2006 05:58AM
I'm going to say 3 words and one number that should get you a little psyched about the Revolution, Mike. And if it doesn't, you are obviously very ignorant.

Streets of Rage 2

Or maybe...

Super Mario Bros. 3

Personally, I think that the games of the 8 and 16-bit eras were a lot more fun than the games of today. The games of today take too long to beat. I liked the days of throwing a game in and beating it in a couple hours.

I grew up playing NES and Genesis games and I never had a SNES or TurboGrafx 16, so getting to play games I love and games I never got to play had great appeal to me.
April 04, 2006 06:07AM
I still have my SNES, and play it pretty regularly. Old school Mario Kart = one of my most favorite things ever, ha.

~lori~
April 04, 2006 06:12AM
I can play everything the Rev is offering in retro platforms on my PC. What interests me most about the Revolution is the price tag and the controller.

April 04, 2006 07:38AM
Exactly. All you need to do is spend 30 seconds downloading an emulator and about 3 seconds downloading any game you could ever want on your computer right now for free, AND you can get third-party controllers to plug into your computer to give you the whole shebang.

As for the controller, third-party support's already lagging. Who's going to spend all the extra time programming for a totally separate type of controller? I fear that most games developed, including those by Nintendo themselves, will be standard fare with a couple of motion-sensor gimmicks thrown in.

I was a Nintendo man all my life up until the GameCube. The only reason I'm going to spend, what 100 bucks on it now is for the new Legend of Zelda, if it even makes it to this generation.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 04, 2006 10:17AM
so i take this as a no , no one has it but me. oh and mike i got it at best buy for $399
April 04, 2006 10:54AM
I've had mine since the launch day lou...hahaha...and I love it..what games you got??

~Kevin~
April 04, 2006 11:32AM
Ghost Recon & Call of Duty 2
April 04, 2006 11:34AM
the controller of revolution?s is pretty weirdo...
ps3 is comming... =D

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

April 04, 2006 11:34AM
Running in HD Lou?

Post Edited (04-04-06 20:34)
April 04, 2006 11:45AM
are u asking if it has the hard drive?? yes
April 04, 2006 12:12PM
Im waiting for nintendo revolution, i dont care about peaple says, Nintendo is the best video company and for a wide distance... sony and microsoft cant never make titiles like ZELDA or MARIOS' SAGA!... never=)

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
April 04, 2006 12:17PM
High Definition.

April 04, 2006 12:31PM
Sketch01 wrote:

> High Definition.
>

no ,not with this t.v. the new one will though
April 04, 2006 12:33PM
Not spending $400 bucks on a video game console anymore. A few years ago I would've been all over it but all I really played a ton on the X-Box were the KOTOR games, Morrowind, the Madden series and Battlefield 2. Of course it was totally worth it for all of those. Maybe Santa Claus will bring one to my brother. All he ever does is play video games. Ever.

Seriously, like ever. I leave at 9 in the morning, come back at 9 at night and he hasn't even eaten, but he's got more than enough energy to scream at people on X-Box Live.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 04, 2006 01:00PM
Sounds like our siblings are the same people.

April 04, 2006 01:12PM
Don't you just want to slap him? Then when you walk in front of the television to, oh, I don't know, put out this fire that's sprung up in the kitchen, it's like, "Gooooddddddddddd you got me kiiilllleeeeddddddddddddddddddddd. I might lose a leeevvveeelllllllllllllll."

Oh God.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 04, 2006 05:32PM
Being an Employee for the place Lou got his at... i can say yeah they are cool.. they look pretty good.. but i don't care what anyone says... Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion looks better on my Geforce 7800GS on the PC than it does on the 360... i've compared.. and thats that.

I am very excited for the revolution and so far, it's the only Console im for sure buying when it comes out...

For the person who asked why it excites us to play OLD SCHOOL games... you obviously werent a gamer when those 8 bit games were mainstream... Going back to a game that I played when i was 10 years old brings back fond memories... some games never get old... thats something new gamers can't understand...

It's the fact that they were broken in with 3d this and that with the Playstation Generation... they can't go backwards to playing side scrolling 8 bit games because

a) Most 8 bit games are alot more difficult than new 3d ones..
b)... they can't stand the graphics....

and the fact that it's all at your fingertips is awesome.. no need to go anywhere to buy it.. no need to spend 10 minutes religiously blowing on your NES cartridges praying that when you press the power button your system boots the game fine...

What i want to see.. is a HANDHELD version of the revolution.. maybe out Nintendo DS's. or something similar will be able to take all these Downloadable games with us to CLASSSSS!!!!!!.. i dunno.. i have high hopes for nintendo..

I love Playstation and bought one just nearing the end of the original PS, and right before PS2 was announced... Sony is solid.. brought me to the Final Fantasy Series... .... all i have to say though is.. if the damn PS3 controller looks anything like a damn BOOMERANG.. i refuse to buy the console...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
April 05, 2006 04:06AM
But again, you can play those 8-bit games right on your computer right now if you want to, even with a controller if you like.

None of my computers are jacked up enough to run Age of Empires 3, let alone Elder Scrolls and I'm dying to play both.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 10, 2006 09:53AM
I still have my sega!! Any one remember road rash???? That was the jam!

-jen
April 10, 2006 12:44PM
Haha Road Rash was pretty sweet.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
April 12, 2006 02:20PM
Damn right! I keep trying to win a copy off ebay. No success. Any ideas?

-jen

Post Edited (04-12-06 23:30)
April 13, 2006 06:22AM
XBOX 360 rocks

~Kevin~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π