ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FINALS!

Posted by The Turkey 

FINALS!
May 18, 2006 01:38PM
The Harrison Land Act of 1800's aim was to increase settlement in the Northwest Territory by allowing people to purchase land directly from the government at a minimum of 320 acres at just $2 per acre.

The Whiskey Rebellion of 1794 was spurred by a tax levied on the production and sale of whiskey as was recommended by Secretary of Treasury Alexander Hamilton. The rebellion was short-lived, however, as the Militia Act was recently passed and George Washington was able to amass a militia of 15,000 men and marched in himself to put it down. No one was harmed in the making of that oppression.

On October 4, 1777, Generals Horatio Gates and Benedict Arnold won against General Burgoyne at the Battle of Saratoga, the first major victory for the colonies during the Revolution and a turning point in the war.

In the Election of 1824, Jackson received only 99 electoral votes, not the majority needed to win, and the decision as to who would become president fell on the House of Representatives. Henry Clay, Speaker of the House and opponent to Jackson during the election, encouraged the house to vote for first runner-up John Quincy Adams. After the House elected Adams, Adams promptly made Clay his Secretary of State, a Corrupt Bargain if there ever was one in politics.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: FINALS!
May 18, 2006 01:43PM
After having written 3 papers in 4 days already, I wrote my 4th in 5 after drinking 7 or 8 Stellas two nights ago. I'm sure it'll turn out alright.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 18, 2006 01:57PM
You'll be fine, professors dont' really even read end of the semester papers, they wanna be done just as much as you.

~Kevin~
May 18, 2006 05:40PM
Your finals are late. I had everything last Tuesday... 2 take home finals, one regular test, a paper, and a 60 page play. I worry about the play because I put a lot into it.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
May 19, 2006 01:27AM
Worrying is much like a rocking chair. It will keep you preoccupied and will ultimately get you nowhere.

Post Edited (05-19-06 13:08)
May 19, 2006 08:35PM
I only have 14 exams left. And I started in March. MARCH! So I finish sometime crazy like 28th June. Oh joy. But I had my last day EVER of school yesterday yawning smiley) (To anyone who that confused completely, we finish 'school' at 16, do the whole 'college' deal 16-18 before Uni in England.)

What's the play about, Heather?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
May 20, 2006 02:10AM
I started my exams today, realised that the exam wasnt the one i thought it was and so have spent the last 13 out of 19 hours stuck to my law book. Now really tired but too wired on caffine to sleep sad smiley.

On the plus side cramming works, i knew the stuff in the exam! grinning smiley

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
May 24, 2006 07:03AM
Sorry Sofi, didn't see the question. The play is kinda complicated... there's three characters and one of the girls ends up in a romance novel, where it appears her roommates are the characters in it... they look like 'em but are the character. Most of it takes place in the romance book.

I just checked my grades last night and got an A in the class.... I was so shocked and happy that I nearly cried. I figured I'd get a B- at best. It was quite cool.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
May 24, 2006 07:43AM
Way to be on the A.

I've got my LAST final tomorrow, praise Jesus, and then I'm going to spend the day shnorkeling beers.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 25, 2006 07:30AM
Yay! Go Heather!

~ Sofi ~

May 26, 2006 08:00PM
Exams finished yesterday, it was the greatest thing ever. First thing I did was walk to the bar on campus and do shots. Feeling the effects this morning somewhat and my parents are coming up for lunch in 2 hours. sad smiley

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
May 27, 2006 06:16AM
I can never really get into shots or liquor. Just doesn't refresh.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 27, 2006 11:19AM
I really don't like shots either. I prefer a mug.

~ Sofi ~

May 27, 2006 04:15PM
Sofi's my kind of girl.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 25, 2006 08:50PM
Old thread, but I get my results at 4 this afternoon, less than six hours, this is not going to be a fun day. My results at uni have been so random, for somethings that i may have worked really hard on I have failed, but then somethings I have slacked off on I have got a first!

Little nervous...

(wonder what my post here will say later!)

Si

June 26, 2006 02:00AM
Got my results, pleased with everything exept f**king quants (maths)!!

This module was about 30-40 marks behind my others sad smiley.

May be retaking...

Si

June 26, 2006 03:40AM
Yaaaaaaaay! Well done!

I don't get results til August 24th or some such very far away date. Grr. Argh.

~ Sofi ~

June 26, 2006 03:45AM
Got a 4.0 this past semester. First I've ever pulled anything like that off.

I've got a 7 page paper due Wednesday on aesthetics for my philosophy summer course. Have and A going for me thus far.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 26, 2006 06:49AM
They mark the papers really quickly at uni, when i was waiting for A-levels it took months!

Whats a 4.0? (know what an A is though thats sweet!:p)

Si

June 26, 2006 06:58AM
A 4.0 is an A in every class.

A = 4.0
A- = 3.7

Etc.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 26, 2006 07:06AM
So Yay! for Mike also.

~ Sofi ~

June 26, 2006 09:01PM
Nice.

Si

June 28, 2006 09:56AM
I have to retake and it sucks. Basically means i can't travel Europe during the Summer. Not in the happiest of moods sad smiley

Si

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π