ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Courage

Posted by fanoftheband 

Courage
May 24, 2006 08:51AM
So I am doing exams at the moment, a couple of friends study philosophy, there was a paper a few years ago (not at my uni) which asked an essay question 'What is Courage?'. To which one student wrote two words, 'this is'.

I just thought this was amazing.

He got full marks.

(I really hope this isn't just an urban legend, really nice fact)

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
Re: Courage
May 24, 2006 08:58AM
I've heard something like that where on a college application a question asked what is the scariest thing you've ever done or something like that. The person's answer was **** you.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 24, 2006 12:44PM
Friend of mine handed in a blank paper on what the definition of Utopia is and got a B+.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
May 24, 2006 03:27PM
May 24, 2006 03:44PM
to the "courage" and "utopia" paper writers - impressive bullshitting.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
May 24, 2006 07:14PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 26, 2006 09:00PM
Ah man, was really wanting it to be a real story.

Post Edited (05-27-06 06:01)

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
May 27, 2006 10:12AM
I once ended a 5 page paper at the top of page 4, saying something about how anything else I wrote wouldn't be quality so I'd save my time and the professor's by ending it there.... Of course, it was an extra credit paper. I probably wouldn't have done that if it hadn't been.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
June 02, 2006 06:35AM
courage is actually a good topic to write about.....and pretty useful.
June 03, 2006 07:01AM
Useful to write about or useful to have?

Need courage. I think I've got more scared (of pretty much everything) as I've gotten older. Whoopdedoo.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
June 03, 2006 07:05AM
I need courage now. I'm getting my hair cut short. Eeek.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
June 03, 2006 08:50AM
It's gone!

June 03, 2006 11:44AM
It is a good topic subject, something Jack Bauer has no lack of! Or this McGever dude for that matter.

Post Edited (06-03-06 20:47)

Si

June 03, 2006 12:06PM
Haha, Sofi, I know how you feel.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
June 03, 2006 12:33PM
Well it's a good topic to write about because in the process of research it helps you understand it. Fear is a state of mind and how you handle it is up to you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π