ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Little pride, little blog

Posted by TrentTrueheart 

Re: Little pride, little blog
June 22, 2006 04:14AM
That's awesome! How d'you have time to walk that far every day?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
June 22, 2006 05:59AM
It's pretty easy to find the time when you don't have a job. And yeah, it kinda sucks to not have a job, but I figure my health is more important than working.

And it also helps that my parents haven't kicked me out of the house yet.
June 22, 2006 04:19PM
become a security guard, all you do is walk and check doors, throw in partolling entire pairs of stairwells of a high rise building (40+ floors) either going down or up, you'll elevate your heart rate. when i first started the job 2 years ago, i went from 260+ to 230 in 2 weeks, and i even ate more (sandwiches like a feen)

i recently bought turbojam and it works fantastic! 20min a day is all it takes. I didn't think i would even build a sweat in 20min, but after the first 10min, it starts dripping. i got mine off of ebay, it's a lot faster.

June 22, 2006 04:26PM
I've run out of notches on my belt. Peaked at 225 and I'm under 200 for the first time in years. I did it like this:

I didn't eat as much. Seriously. That's all the mystery there is to it. Instead of eating as much as you can to feel satisfied with your food, eat good food that tastes good slowly and you won't eat as much. Lay off the useless bag of potato chips at 3 in the afternoon. It's really that simple. It's amazing how much more energized you can be when you're not carrying around an extra 25 pounds of fat brought about simply by the fact that you eat like a cow.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 23, 2006 04:27PM
diet is death to the body. Eating healthy is great, but starvation is not.

If you lower your body intake, you'll start losing weight--yes, but then you will hit a weight plateau where you can't loose anymore. The consequence of this is that you have also lowered your energy output. And then when you see that you aren't loosing anymore weight, you'll get depress and start eating and gaining weight again.

Exercise and healthy meals are the best way to go.

And yes, slow eating works, believe it or not. It takes about 5-10min after your stomache is full for your stomache to tell your brain that it's indeed full. That's one reason why fast food is bad; it goes down so fast that by the time you realized you are full, you've consumed more than you need.

Oh by the way, genetics actually play a greater part on your body weight than the environment does. 1) You are born with a set level of thermo-genesis/motabolism (the area of the back just underneathe the neck of a person with high motabolism, is usually really warm because his body is constantly burning food into heat). 2) People are born with different numbers of fat cells. 3) People are born with different numbers of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) which converts circulating fat into stored fat.
...So you can blame your parents, but this is not to say our environment has no blame.

June 24, 2006 06:43AM
"you'll get depress and start eating and gaining weight again."

Or you'll get REALLY depressed and completely lose your appetite and it'll work wonders since as depression can be one of the most effective causes of weight loss EVER.

~ Sofi ~

June 24, 2006 08:57AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
June 24, 2006 09:25AM
Sofi wrote:

> Or you'll get REALLY depressed and completely lose your appetite and it'll > work wonders since as depression can be one of the most effective causes > of weight loss EVER.
>
>

I have never heard of a person not eating because they're depressed. That's not to say it doesn't exist, but I think it's probably not common.
June 24, 2006 09:34AM
Are you kidding?

~ Sofi ~

June 24, 2006 10:44AM
I've had that... summer after I broke up with my b/f... I lost 30 pounds. It felt like there was a board or something in my stomach, so I never wanted to eat. Course it all came back when I got over it... and then some.

It's definitely not rare.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
June 24, 2006 11:28AM
i stress don't eat so its pretty much the same

*~katie~*
June 24, 2006 12:45PM
Okay, let me rethink that. Yes, I have heard of depressed people not eating. However, I think it's more common to overeat when your depressed. Also, I think when you're not eating, people will tell/force you to eat something whereas with overeating people won't tell you to stop.

But then depression has never made me not want to eat, so what do I know?
June 24, 2006 03:21PM
With me, nothing people said would make me eat more. It was like I'd eat to a point... of not much... and then I'd feel sick if I tried to eat more. It was weird... kinda makes me understand how anorexia works, not that I'd ever do that. My friends would always note that I'd eat half my food every time.

Anywho, I wish we had nice places around here to walk. My sister and I tried to go to the trails at the park and they were disgusting... the trail even goes by the sewage plant and whew... smelly. There was a sign that said "This trail is maintained by (some name)." I wanted to add a not in there.

June 25, 2006 08:44AM
I lost a third of my weight in about 4 months when I was 13ish through depression. I think it's pretty common because your appetite completely changes, you can't really be bothered to cook/eat and have no desire to take care of yourself. I think I also stopped eating so much to avoid having to spend lots of time with people, eating.

Good luck with your effort.

~ Sofi ~

June 25, 2006 12:39PM
I used to go to the cafeteria at school and eat rice and corn only.... it was terrible, haha. Though part of that was that I was sick of the food there... if things like rock hard grilled cheese count as food.

June 28, 2006 10:02AM
A friend an I were just having a discussion that since joining uni, weight has been lost due to the simple lack of desire to eat hall food. I mean most notible I have swear I have completely lost my ass!!

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
June 28, 2006 11:23AM
Ours had good chicken nuggets, but that was only on certain days. And the rice was really good too. Other than that the only thing that they had every day that was good was the salad bar. So I agree that it can make you lose weight.

July 02, 2006 08:46AM
My theory is snacking is the key to the problem because while I was in Italy they served us a ridiculous amount of food at dinner and had decent breakfasts and lunches but there seemed to be no snacking and their people are doing better than us.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
July 03, 2006 01:37AM
That's not a theory, it's totally true. There's no reason to down a bag of potato chips at 3 in the afternoon.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 03, 2006 04:13AM
Woah, Wes, are you telling me you had no Italian ice-cream snacks?

~ Sofi ~

July 03, 2006 04:17AM
Oh I forgot that. But still that's not that huge cause they have really tiny cups. Our nations' definitions of the word large are very very different. On another note what's with that pop in germany called mezzo or something like that. I accidentally got it out of one of those crazy high tech vending machines the germans have.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
December 30, 2006 12:16AM
I have a new blog that's an update on my weight loss. Long story short, I've lost 65 pounds this year!

December 30, 2006 02:49AM
Rock on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π