ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Recording update, shows and interesting news...

Posted by johnhampson 

Recording update, shows and interesting news...
August 22, 2006 03:55AM
hey all,

so, we started the new record...we are going for a bit of a hybrid sound on this one...we're tracking "live", as a band to maintain the raw energy and excitement in the songs, but we'll spend some overdubbing time making some things prettier than others...all i will say right now is that it sounds TIGHT and that the songs are the best batch we've had in a long while...

another interesting thing is that Jeremy is back...I thought we might be able to coax him out of his retirement and we did...he's been getting himslef up to speed on the new stuff and contributing his ideas...we left most of the songs 'keyboard-less' as we were writing and the great thing is that Jeremy gets to come in fresh and put his stamp all over them...we are all psyched...don't know yet if he will be playing this Sunday's show or not, but we'll post when we do...we also have shows:

Thurs August 31
Memory Motel
Montauk Hwy.

Sun Sept 24
the Crazy Donkey
Farmingdale, NY
www.clubloaded.com for info

Sun Oct 8
Festival info TBA
Huntington, NY

more soon!

john
Re: Recording update, shows and interesting news...
August 22, 2006 04:58AM
Rock on Jeremy!!
August 22, 2006 05:33AM
it just keeps getting better and better.

~ Eric of Wisconsin ~

Nine Days and John Hampson music featured in my independent feature film "Will and Testament"!

Facebook Page for "Will and Testament"
IMDB Page for "Will and Testament"
August 22, 2006 06:10AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 22, 2006 07:05AM
it really does keep getting better & better

Mike Mc--

Myspace.com/macattack42691
August 22, 2006 07:55AM
certainly a thing to cheer one up after the first day of school.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 22, 2006 08:23AM
That's super :-)

Thanks for updating us John - it all sounds fantastic!!!

Cheers!
Kent

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
August 22, 2006 09:11AM
can he still do the handstands on the keyboard?
August 22, 2006 10:07AM
can we stop these sunday shows plez. some of us have to work on sundays!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2006 10:21AM
that's great news - jeremy is a genius.

thanks for the update. it's great to hear about you guys recording.

good luck with the shows and i hope they paying you lots of $$$s.
in cash!
August 22, 2006 10:24AM
Oh! Oh! Oh!

It's amazing!!! I'm excited with this! The new album!!!

Thank's John!!!

All of the Brazilian fans are happy for your return!!!

Nine Days Forever!!!
August 22, 2006 12:26PM
OH OH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEREMY IS BACK BITCHES!! man i think that this will be a great record =D=D=D thanks john!!

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
August 22, 2006 12:45PM
That's freaking awesome!!!! Great to have you back Jeremy!

Can't wait to hear the new stuff! =)

Let's get some Chicago shows in the works!
August 22, 2006 03:30PM
well I can now admit that I have officially pissed my pants in excitement... anyone wanna change me??

~Kevin~
August 23, 2006 03:15AM
Hey John -

Awesome to hear that you guys are back in the saddle there!

Long time no see... sad smiley

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods...I'll try to see you guys at one of the upcoming shows smiling smiley
August 23, 2006 03:45AM
You wanted the best you got the best! The hansomest band in the world NINEDAYS!
August 23, 2006 04:33AM
i love you brian
August 23, 2006 06:27AM
Gaaaaaaaah.

Hehehehehehehehehhe.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 23, 2006 01:18PM
great news. can't wait to hear some more new stuff
August 23, 2006 02:26PM
Jeremy? Seriously? <333

Of course there's a show the last Sunday of September...there was a show the last Sunday of September last year too...I couldn't go to that one, and I can't go to this one either. :-P

The news about Jeremy though is flipping brilliant.

~lori~
August 24, 2006 12:47AM
this makes me SO FREAKING HAPPY! i just downloaded allof the new stuffa and i needed it so much righ tnow. i am so excited i can't even type straight.

------------------------------------
x.
christina

August 24, 2006 01:39PM
YEAAAAHHH!!!!
WELCOME BACK JEREMY!

ROCK ON GUYS!

------------------------------
&quot;now shut up and listen to the music!&quot; by John Hampson

August 24, 2006 07:20PM
that's awesome... at last, a new record (let's just hope the weird version of So Unfair won't be on the record, I just don't like it, I tried though)
August 25, 2006 12:03PM
I am so happy about everything smiling smiley I am glad to hear that Jeremy is back. It wouldn't be Nine Days without him...nothing against the rest of you guys. I love you all. smiling smiley Yay for you guys. I'll be there on Sunday!! It does keep on getting better and better!!

&quot;Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today&quot;
August 26, 2006 04:49AM
Lets put another sax on jeremy's mouth, i miss that time!!

&quot;RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!&quot;
August 28, 2006 11:23PM
In 2000, 9Days were poised to become a big band. I saw them outplay Vertical Horizon and 3rd Eye Blind on tour that summer. In 2002, they made a vast jump in quality with SHU, avoiding the sophomore slump, but then got the carpet yanked by the label. To my thinking, SHU was the best album that year, and still among the top 5 so far of the decade. It was a solid album that would have made their place in rock music secure.
That must have been some shock, being on the verve and having it ripped out of your hands. And it takes time to get over that kind of thing and get back on your feet.
To their credit, John and Brian have soldiered on writing and playing. And to their credit, they went into indie artist mode, released stuff on their own, and kept the faith.

Sounds like time has helped to heal the pain of it, and it sounds like the whole band are ready to get back on their feet and give it one more try.

I have no doubt that a label will snatch up this new album (should they chose to go that path). 9 Days still has a name, and some fame from their breakout hit. And all they have to do is play SHU and their new album for anyone, and I'll bet the label people will be scratching their heads and wondering if the folks at Sony are on crack for passing on this band when they were about to break big. (Or bigger).

Just my take.
August 29, 2006 12:04AM
I agree with you that SHU is an outstanding rock album, maybe the best i have (and i have a lot).
i think we all prove that ND is a great band and not some fading away flame - the band had its commercial success six years ago and we are all here reading and posting almost every day, and get excited like 6 year old kids everytime one of the members is posting news.
as for the labels... it's obvious that sony made a big mistake when the didn't publish SHU and released ND, and i don't know if the band is currently intrested in a record label involvement in the new path the have chosen. as a fan i'm sure that i will buy the new album, and for me it dosen't matter from who (directly from the band or from a music store) because in the past 2 years i think brian and john wrote maybe their best material so far. the only thing that maybe should be considered is the money thing - and i think we all wish the band for a lot of success and money, so they can be focused on the music and not worry for money (and because they deserve to be very rich men).
August 30, 2006 02:10AM
im soo excited...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
August 30, 2006 02:28AM
I'm very excited about the new material... to me SHU is the best thing ND has ever done, I'm really into this heavier sound, it a good rock record... the new stuff is very cool, it's more folk/pop oriented I think... but I miss raw, powerful songs like Emily, I Feel Fine or Favorite Song... 'Worse than it seems' was also very good...
August 30, 2006 04:42AM
Admittedly, I don't know much about what I'm talking about here, but I think it would be worth the band's time to consider Sixthman Records. Both the Barenaked Ladies and Sister Hazel are on Sixthman. From what I understand, the artists on Sixthman have far more artistic freedom than other labels. It seems Ninedays would be a good fit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π