ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

by a show of hands...

Posted by johnhampson 

by a show of hands...
September 08, 2006 01:36PM
i have a "poll" question for you; when we play these upcoming shows, how many new songs do you want to hear vs. older, more familiar stuff? assuming the sound is CLEAR this time, of course...

we have begun recording and we're shooting for a Dec "release" of some kind...we will be shopping this to other labels for mass distribution and beyond, but we will not hold up the process of getting this music to the people who really matter; namely you. so, we're already working on a better mail order system as well as digital downloads...there will be new ninedays this holiday season...we're also working on more shows in NY and beyond...

i am also writing my thesis on "Fate vs. Freewill in Moby Dick", so i'll be working on that, too...its not all fun and games, people.

john
Re: by a show of hands...
September 08, 2006 02:03PM
Wow - can't wait for the new stuff however it will be available!!! Also, is there any chance of still getting FTCJ on CD?

I'm near KC, so a show is probably not happening for me. But as for New vs. Old material..... I'd lean toward 50 - 50, or possibly a bit more of the old.

Nine Days rules!!

Cheers,
Kent

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
September 08, 2006 02:11PM
hi ninedays members.

about your upcoming shows - i don't know if my opinion is relevant, cause i'm not a USA resident and can't appear for shows. but if you ask me, when i hear a band live i like to hear a lot of new material/

glad to hear about all thats happening. good luck with the recording process, label shopping and the thesis.
* last question and i hope i'm not bugging: can you supply information about the SHU releasing process - will you release it? can you legally release it? and what happened with the rights in the end?
September 08, 2006 03:10PM
=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cant wait....

*doing a new video with nd material soon avaiable for download*

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

September 08, 2006 03:43PM
I'd say play a decent mix of old and new... and good look on your thesis john... that sounds really exciting

~Kevin~
September 08, 2006 03:50PM
has it already a title john?

September 08, 2006 08:40PM
this is funny, for my high school final exam, the philosophy subject I had to develop for 4 hours was fate vs. free will...
September 08, 2006 10:02PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
September 08, 2006 10:35PM
http://www2.cd-wow.com/unsigned.php

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
September 09, 2006 03:05AM
=O=O=O=O cant wait!!!!!

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
September 09, 2006 03:12AM
Well, as long as we're recommending labels and whatnot, I'll put Sixthman Records up there (Sister Hazel, Barenaked Ladies). They usually look for bands with previous experience (10+ years), so ND definitely fits that bill.

But, in response to John's original question, I would also say a mix of new/old stuff. You go out and gig to promote the new stuff, but people also want to hear "the classics".
September 09, 2006 03:31AM
john i think i can answer for most, they(your fans) want to be able to sing along with you as you sing,so if you can send out some sound/song bite or lyrics then i would think that live shows can be more new stuff.old stuff is never bad to play though.
September 09, 2006 04:00AM
aww i saw nick at mulchays last night and now i really really can't wait for the show.

definately want to hear the new stuff. 1/4? how much new stuff is there?

*~katie~*
September 09, 2006 04:13AM
yeap 50-50! =P but with the most kicked ass old songs!!

September 09, 2006 05:04AM
isn't so soon that i will see a nine days's show...because i'm living in brazil, but if i went to EUA or nine days come to brazil is certainty that i will see the show...but in my oppinion i prefer to listen more old music than new...in my opinion wait when the new CD release to play the new songs in the show...like one guy said...70% ond songs...and of course 30% new one...ok?!
i'm from brazil so...if i write wrong...sorry!
September 09, 2006 05:32AM
I think a mix of old and new, but not quite as much old stuff. Of course "Absolutely" "If I Am" and maybe one or two more from TMC. From SHU "Good Friend" "Marvelous" "Favorite Song" "I Feel Fine", I'd say atleast 4 from this album. FTCJ, one or two from that. and then fill the rest with new stuff. It just depends on how long the set is
September 09, 2006 07:09AM
Old New doesn't matter, just damn happy u guys r playin 2-gether again! One request though, come back 2 chicago, pls!
September 09, 2006 10:05AM
Plenty of new songs is okay. If you keep it to one or two at a time interspersed with more well known songs then you shouldn't lose the casual audience -- at least not for any great length of time.

September 09, 2006 10:40AM

I'm sure that you guys would rather play more of the new stuff. Thats cool. but just put some old favorites in there also.. Alternate back and forth.

Fire up some tunes from SHU and FTCJ..

I think you should distribute the new songs on CD/MP3 for us at the show.

Yeah.. I like that idea alot.

smiling smiley
September 09, 2006 12:36PM
I agree with Lou... I mofo'in love to sing-a-long.

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Gorge Amphitheater in Washington seeing DaveMatthewsBand play. I am a huge DMB head now.

Anyway, I must say that I have sung my heart out more at the few nine days shows i've been to, than I ever was able to at a DAVE concert... and thats what I love about you guys.. Bring on the new, but definately mix it with a few good old favorites, and throw in something rare pre-Madding crowd in there for the true fans...

Holla atcha Boy,
Eric

Post Edited (09-09-06 21:39)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
September 09, 2006 12:59PM
Play bitter twice!

September 09, 2006 02:07PM
I hope that the band will make shows the next year, cuz im going to NYC hopefully next year!

Post Edited (09-09-06 23:08)

September 10, 2006 02:11PM
Haha, Moby Dick.....I don't think I'll ever actually read that book.....
September 11, 2006 05:33AM
I would go with the best of the old and a new song thrown in every third song or so. You have to keep your old fans happy with the old favorites, but you have to work enough new stuff into the set to have a future.

And while you are asking for opinions:

1) I prefer the old version of "Crazy" over the Madding Crowd version.

2) Tell Jeremy to bust out the saxophone - he's awesome!

3) I would rework the "Just as Through With You" tune - I don't know what it is, but there is something off with the chorus.

Otherwise, rock on!! You guys are the best! Go for those sweet harmonies and catchy hooks and you will be set!
September 11, 2006 10:25AM
"1) I prefer the old version of "Crazy" over the Madding Crowd version. "

me either

September 11, 2006 02:41PM
I prefer the older Crazy, actually jeremy is a god on the sax, i love all nine days songs with sax! should be awesone on live!

Post Edited (09-12-06 09:44)

September 12, 2006 01:58AM
I would really love to hear more of the new stuff!

:-)

Good luck on your thesis, John!

-Cait
September 12, 2006 02:22AM
i'm sure these are already on the set-list, but i would love to hear that "new shoes" ditty you all busted out in montauk and also, clearly, "a girl from california" becasue...well...duh.

rachel......
September 12, 2006 02:57AM
definitely a mix of the two... i second rachel on the new shoes request!
September 12, 2006 06:57AM
i miss brian and his shoe fetish.

*~katie~*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π