Posted by cornmouse 

Re: Ebay
September 27, 2006 03:27AM
"This is not the original cd, "

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
September 27, 2006 04:00AM
it's OK i e-mailed e-bay about it , you can too the more e-mails they get the quicker it'll be taken down.
September 28, 2006 12:53AM
I went to check it out late Wednesday and it was already gone. What was it exactly - would most people realize this was bogus?

Cheers!
Kent

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
September 28, 2006 12:11PM
it was copy's of SHU, i reported it to e-bay and they took it down.
September 28, 2006 01:00PM
Did it say it was a copy? If so I see no problem.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 28, 2006 01:32PM
They're getting people to pay for something readily available on the internet for free. Gotta be something illegal in there somewhere.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
September 28, 2006 02:07PM
If they label it as being nothing more than a copy (ie: burned songs) then, once again, I see no problem.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
September 28, 2006 02:20PM
"The owners of this music retain his or her copyright but allows you to: download, copy, file-share, trade, distribute, and publicly perform (e.g. webcast) it.
Under the following conditions: (1) Noncommercial. You may not sell copies of this music or make any other commercial use of this music."

September 29, 2006 12:51AM
I'm kinda agree with mike! because actually all we have SHU copies!, BUT! the fact that some guy is getting money and not the band for something they already do, its not right!!!!!!!!!

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
September 29, 2006 07:28AM
i didn't get to see what they were trying to do. if they were trying to just spread the music and the price was a low set price (eg "buy it now") to cover the cost of shipping/handling and the CD, I see no big deal, but maybe a slap on the hand. BUT WITH MONEY INVOLVED, EVERYTHING IS RISKY.

Correct me if I'm worng, but:
Music is "intellectual property", and you don't purchase and actually own songs, you purchase a LICENSE for it. So if you purchased an actual album and then you turn around and sell it, you would have to delete your copies/mp3s. Selling your album/license is like selling your rights to listen to the song to someone else.
But with SHU, I'm not sure who holds those copyrights or how that thing actually ended with sony. Those recordings may be majorly still owned by sony because ND signed and was funded for making that album. (Again, correct me if I'm wrong)

In a nut shell, sharing music without permission is basically illegal. Hosting SHU on www.ninedaysMORE.tk may actually be illegal if sony still own the rights. They could actually sue, but what would they get out of it. (I'm not involving money or monetary donations on the site and it's not harming their CD sales cause there arent any--so I see no problem).

For the ebay thing, I don't know, I hate involving money in things.

September 29, 2006 11:55AM
JoeShih is a good man =)

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
October 02, 2006 09:38AM
YAY!!!!!!!
I just got my Advance SHU!!!! and it's real this time!

November 09, 2006 01:35PM
i know its a lil late, but i just found this eBay policy because i needed to deal with a recent purchase that was a counterfeit:

"Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay."
Found at http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

so even live recordings can't be sold using ebay

November 23, 2006 02:49AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nine-Days-Flying-The-Corporate-Jet-RARE-CD_W0QQitemZ160055541093QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1572QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A genuine copy of Flying The Corporate Jet up for sale.
If anyones interested, you can go and bid on it.

Thanks
Damien

Post Edited (11-23-06 11:52)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π