Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ipods

Posted by sofi123 

Ipods
October 01, 2006 05:24AM
I'm slowly giving in.

I don't think I know anyone whose Ipod hasn't broken within a stupidly short space of time.

Go on, advise me.

Post Edited (10-02-06 14:31)

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
Re: Ipods
October 01, 2006 07:08AM
I have a creative zen micro which is basically the equivalent of an ipod mini. No problems with it as of yet and i got it last december, though I don't put it through too much. I've always been suspicious of ipods. It's a nice thing to have. I basically use mine in place of my cd player. It's nice to not have to choose between lugging all my cd's along or choosing a select few to bring when we go on a trip somewhere or what not. I've never gotten into the whole playlist deal. I once saw a video talking about how ipod batteries die after a year or so and you have to basically buy a new one,whether it was telling the truth or not it didn't instill confidence in me about the product. Creatives have removable batteries, which also nice when it freezes once in a while you just pop the thing out and back in.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
October 01, 2006 08:39AM
Iriver rules
October 01, 2006 09:49AM
I've had my ipod for about 7 months now, no issues whatsoever.
October 01, 2006 10:36AM
I know about 10 people who own an Ipod.... no one has any trouble with it
October 01, 2006 10:58AM
I have a friend with a Creative Zen 30GB - has used it regularly for the last 6 months.

But, I have a Sony Hi-MD minidisc recorder, that also serves as an MP3 player with 1GB discs. It's portable and I use it almost everyday - no problems in over a year.

Cheers!
Kent

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
October 01, 2006 11:08AM
I have 2, one broke, the other rocks! the secret its not to buy a recent model of Ipod, cause they certenly brings problem from the beggining, you have to wait until apple re-release the line, so actually its a good time to get an Ipod!...

Post Edited (10-01-06 20:18)

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
October 01, 2006 11:38AM
yeah ipods are fine, dont get a nano though

~*wOOt!*
October 01, 2006 04:15PM
mine lasted 6 months
October 01, 2006 05:05PM
iPods WERE awesome. I luckily purchased a iPod mini a while ago and the most awesome thing about it is that its the only iPod built with an etinre one piece stainless metal casing. I've dropped that thing so many times on concrete (just short of tossing it) and yet the thing or its screen is broken. Most durable of all mp3 players.
About the battery, when i first got it, it supposedly played 7-8hrs continuously but slowly died down to 3hrs. A week before my 1 yr warrantee ended, i went online and requested a repair and they shipped me a box to send it in for another ipod mini for only a S/H fee of $20.
A year later, the battery began to die down again, so I went to http://ipodbatterydepot.com/index.asp to purchase a battery for about $20 bucks and replaced it myself.

The only problem after owning it more than 2 years is that the thing only holds 4gb and I can no longer keep my entire library on it.

October 01, 2006 09:37PM
October 02, 2006 01:20AM
Heh i really need a bigger one too.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
October 02, 2006 01:40AM

Its a money pit and the songs that you guys have on them suck.

Give me your IPOD for a day, and Ill fill it with good tunes.

and then it will break the following week.
October 02, 2006 02:36AM
hahaha... my iPod works great... the battery life dies fast but it's still good... plus I have a car charger so I'm straight.... but I love my iPod....

~Kevin~
October 02, 2006 05:14AM
iPods are for the devil.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
October 02, 2006 05:16AM
Yah...I feel bad. I used to be so against them.

~ Sofi ~

October 02, 2006 05:16AM
Don't give in, Sofi.

Unless you're filling it with Rosencrantz tunes you should be receiving within a week.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 02, 2006 05:35AM
I personally am wary of the brand but there's nothing wrong with mp3 players themselves as long as you employ them for good, haha. I've seen far too many people that have em and then put just random songs on them which is sad. People don't seem to purchase, let alone listen to whole albums anymore. Never understood the whole downloading deal. Having only one song of a band would be so horribly unexciting to me. I think too many people have forgetten the thrill of walking into a record store and having no idea what you may walk out with. It's always seemed sort of a fun gamble to me, buying an album. And i'm going to stop rambling now.

October 02, 2006 05:46AM
I wanna marry Wes.

~ Sofi ~

October 02, 2006 06:51AM
Thank you, musicdude, you understand my plight.

The album is just about dead now. It makes me sad.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
October 02, 2006 07:14AM
I fully intend to continue listening to full albums on it. It makes me sick when I pick up a friend's iPod and every single artist only has one song on it. I mean, fair enough there are some outstanding songs by otherwise mediocre artists that are noteworthy in their own right, but seriously, every SINGLE artist. I pretty much just want it to take running. I've decided this is the best way to listen to new music, since it makes you concentrate so hard on the music to avoid the pain of exercise that you actually get to know each song really well, and then it's like, Wow, I ran 3 miles and didn't even notice. Acetastic.

~ Sofi ~

October 02, 2006 07:34AM
Itunes is officially a bitch.

~ Sofi ~

October 02, 2006 07:52AM
Some bands really do only have one good song though, so if you hear that one song then go buy the CD, you've wasted money. I don't have an ipod or even have songs on my computer really, so last night when I was looking through my CDs, I really wished I had one with all my favorite songs on it, from various artists 'cause some of my CDs only had 2 or 3 good songs on them.

I don't really download songs... usually if I really like a song and someone has it, I might ask them to send it to me. Otherwise if I really like the band, or if I have heard the whole CD while with friends (this happens often), I will buy it.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
October 02, 2006 08:32AM
I agree both with musicdude and 3eyedaliens, I always end up buying something when i'm in a record shop after I spend like an hour listening. I make sure I know that the entire album is good and not just fluff before I plop down $14 for it. I don't download music anymore. If I really wanted something, but the rest of the album I couldn't stand, then I'd just get it from a friend. A lot of people who just download singles are missing out what a lot of what those artists and bands have to offer.
I have all of my recently purchased albums ripped onto my ipod mini.

I NEVER download from iTunes, it's a waste. The quality isn't the same as a CD and you don't get the inserts and materials.

October 02, 2006 08:58AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
October 02, 2006 09:38AM
I use to illegally download because I came from a family that didn't have much. I never got allowance and buying CDs were out of the question, so I downloaded and burned them. My first CD player was purchased at a flee market for 5 bucks. After I started working, that was when I really started buying CDs and stuff.

October 04, 2006 09:59PM
CREATIVE ZEN TOUCH SOFI!

they are so fucking hardcore. i <3 mine... until my ex lost the charger for it... but that is a DIFFERENT story. but seriously, why pay MORE for a 2GB ipod when you can get a much more reliable piece of equipment that holds 20GB??

anything by Creative are amazing and cheap as well... then again you can't go wrong with a sony though they tend to be more expensive. (i have the 1gb one for running)

i also sofi listen to whole albums at a time ;o) though i do make an odd playlist here and there. ;o)

------------------------------------
x.
christina

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π