ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

JOE LIEBERMAN

Posted by The Turkey 

JOE LIEBERMAN
November 07, 2006 12:18PM
Loses his party's nomination and STILL wins his bid for the Senate.

The single sign of sanity in my country anymore.

How'd everyone vote?

I went in with this mentality: I'm going to vote for everyone who doesn't have a "D" or an "R" next to their name.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
Re: JOE LIEBERMAN
November 07, 2006 01:36PM
Well i'll be voting in two years and will say I really don't know anymore. I haven't seen one political ad where a candidate said a single positive thing. It's just ridiculous, the shaming they try to pull to win. You can't get an idea of who a candidate is and what they stand for short of showing up at his/her doorstep. I dearly hope Obama runs for president in 08 as he seems to be one of the few decent people left in the whole thing.

And another thought, all the people my age that think it's as simple as "we want democrats" really annoy me.

Post Edited (11-07-06 23:27)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 07, 2006 03:00PM
The Turkey wrote:

> I went in with this mentality: I'm going to vote for everyone who doesn't > have a "D" or an "R" next to their name.

You mean the losers?

Seriously though, I'm with you, Mike. This two party system clearly isn't working out. We need to see people who aren't asses or giant asses, I mean elephants, win.

But alas, I didn't vote. I felt I was uninformed. But I will vote in the next one...maybe...

Post Edited (11-08-06 07:58)
November 07, 2006 03:18PM
I will add that I also agree the two party system is not the way to go. Too many people realize that the "[insert party name here] is right and all [other party's name] are wrong" way is not the way we get anywhere.
November 07, 2006 03:50PM
And then they don't vote.

60% of the population voting means 40% doesn't vote.

If just 1/4 of them vote for anyone EXCEPT the Republicans or Democrats, you get 10% of the population saying actively, rather than passively, "You assholes are **** and I don't want you running things anymore."

The only other thing can possibly change things in this country is bloody revolution, but that'll never fly as long as you can play XBox Live.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 09, 2006 05:37AM
Are the democrats less right-wing than the republicans?

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 09, 2006 06:14AM
Allegedly.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
November 13, 2006 11:30PM
Democrats are liberals that try to cover it up. Republicans are all over the map, and act liberal to get in good favor with the press.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π