ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New shows; New music

Posted by johnhampson 

New shows; New music
November 30, 2006 12:31AM
So, after careful consideration, we have decided to release the as-yet-untitled new ninedays record in two parts...Part 1 will be released in late Jauary/early February (we have an official date in mind, but i will withhold that info until its firm) and Part 2 will follow a few months later...Each EP will have 6 songs on it and will form a pure, whole statement of where we're at musically...i'm very exicted by this idea because it allows us to a) put new music out! b) get behind semething to play more shows c) concentrate on the next batch of songs without feeling pressure to finish a whole record, and d) put new music out!

the first 6 are basically done right now...we're just mixing, mastering and creating artwork...Hopefully you all like this idea...i was stuck on the concept of the 10-12 song "ALBUM" and resisted the idea at first...but in this day and age, when everyone loads their music onto mp3 players, the idea of the album is more relevant to big business music where you're spending hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to create and promote...when you spend that much, you need 2-3 years to re-coup the investment, and therefore you need a full album to satiate the fans and the masses for an extended length of time...we're not in that boat right now...if we can release an EP of 5-6 songs every six months, i'd be thrilled...i write alot of music and much of it never makes it past my own mp3 player...this way, we get to create without the financial and time pressure burden...so, onward we go!

We'll be playing on Januray 20 at the Boulton Center in Bay Shore, Long Island...more details will follow later, but you can go to;

www.boultoncenter.com for tix, directions and other info...

there will be a few more shows announced soon...perhaps in Maryland and NJ.

Happy Holidays!

john
Re: New shows; New music
November 30, 2006 12:41AM
that sounds really cool, can't wait... I like the 2 cd idea, avoiding the standard procedures... sounds a bit revolutionnary... you should put 2 linked titles like "children of..." and "...the revolution" lol
November 30, 2006 01:07AM
not really revolutionary...ryan adams did it with love is hell a few years back as im sure itd been done before him. of course, he also released two albums and a freakin double album in one year so hes just different. it is a great analysis of the current music industry trends, though. things they are a changin. cant wait for the eps.
November 30, 2006 01:08AM
Good idea if it means everyone gets new music without having to wait 2 years or more. When you have both CD's you will have 12 new songs anyway which is like an album.

http://www.hyperlaunch.com/snowpatrol/eyesopen/

***It's hard to argue when your making sense***
November 30, 2006 03:50AM
12-songs is a bit overwhelming at one time... i like this new idea

yay! new album. can't wait to put my order in.

November 30, 2006 04:07AM
USAFALL ---> you're not your

*~katie~*
November 30, 2006 05:27AM
*excitement*

And I'm pleased for all these shows that keep happening. Yay Americans.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 30, 2006 06:26AM
greatness

i'm sure you'll do great with the new EP, i know i will buy a lot of copies...
November 30, 2006 06:57AM
Excellent.
November 30, 2006 08:23AM
$15 are u high thats way too much and whats with seats!!!!
November 30, 2006 10:08AM
Fantastic! Now come to Indy again!

Post Edited (11-30-06 19:09)
November 30, 2006 01:17PM
i would prefer to get a 12 tracks cd...dunno why...looks more like an album.

but at the same time cant wait to check the new songs out.

Thx John

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

November 30, 2006 03:50PM
hooray!

*Azure*
xxxx
December 01, 2006 04:29AM
I am in love with the idea of new Nine Days music in my hands every 6 months.

December 01, 2006 01:26PM
I am glad that it's coming out in two parts, I'd be too overwhelmed with a 12 song CD. But it would be good at the same time...It's Nine Days Music, so I'm just happy, that it's happening soon smiling smiley

"Never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
December 02, 2006 01:02AM
That's awesome. New music is always great, whatever form it happens to be in.
Glad to see you guys getting out there again.

Hope to see a Chicago show on the list some time in the futrue. =)

**Lisa**
December 08, 2006 09:16AM
Way to think outside the box, John and company.
In our ever changing world, we have to start rethinking the way music and other forms of arts are presented for mass consumption.
Who knows, you may be onto a real grassroots thing here with new music every half year. Or, a song a month average.
December 10, 2006 02:47PM
speaking of new, there's new black and white pics on the myspace page. i've never seen them before, so i think they're new! smiling smiley by the way, whatever happened to the plan a few months ago to release SHU? did i miss something?

-Bryce, Utah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π