ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EBAY AUCTION RARE MASTER TAPES

Posted by STOICO 

EBAY AUCTION RARE MASTER TAPES
December 15, 2006 03:14AM
Check out this auction .....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=618&item=280061235241..............very interesting collection and rare....also drum set offered by seller of original ND drums...
Re: EBAY AUCTION RARE MASTER TAPES
December 15, 2006 03:36AM
if he got it from one of the members i guess that means that they are really giving up of releasing SHU.
if that's the case it's too bad - i think it can make them very rich some day that is not so far away from now.
but let's hope i'm wrong...
December 15, 2006 05:32AM
THESE ARE NOT THE MASTERS!!!! these are demos, and the seller has been notified to represent the tapes correctly...we own the copyrights and they cannot be commercially or publically released...the tapes were obtained in a borderline inappropriate manner...i am on this like a fly on ****...and this is ****...

john

Post Edited (12-15-06 15:04)
December 15, 2006 05:38AM
$900? Yowza.

~lori~
December 15, 2006 06:56AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
December 15, 2006 08:02AM
?.?

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

December 16, 2006 01:12AM

Betcha it was that girl from California.

Go get 'em John!!!
December 16, 2006 01:58PM
Who would have the equipment to handle these studio tapes anyway? This would need a professional level tape transport. Bummer this opportunist doesn't want to deal with John so they're properly back in the hands of the artist.

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
December 16, 2006 04:04PM
vergergc wrote:

> Who would have the equipment to handle these studio tapes
> anyway? This would need a professional level tape transport.
> Bummer this opportunist doesn't want to deal with John so
> they're properly back in the hands of the artist.
>
>

something tells me john already has a copy,LOL
December 17, 2006 12:21AM
i second that!

Dickie
December 19, 2006 08:20AM
"...we own the copyrights and they cannot be commercially or publically released..."

At least I know now the band has the copyrights, and not the label. Now, why they can't be commercially or publicly released, probably has something to do with a "label full of monkeys trying to spike our hair."
December 30, 2006 02:00PM
This auction appears to be re-listed......

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
December 30, 2006 02:05PM
wow now only $400
January 03, 2007 01:51PM
Anyone know what's up with this....this As*h$le relisted the auction after it was made obvious that John is upset. Now on the listing the seller even states he "is not sure of the legal rights to the music" What the f*&k is this guys deal. Give them back to the band.....all thsi idiot wants it money in fact I think I'll fire off an email to ebay and to the moron. I think all Nine Days fans should too.

"I am living every day all in"
January 03, 2007 02:00PM
An email I sent to this guy on ebay:

Dear Sir,

Just an FYI....I think what your doing is wrong....maybe by some legal loophole you can do this, but it's not right and I think you know it. Clearly no one is going to bid on these, so why don't you just give them back to the band. I would imagine they were originally obtained (perhaps not by you) by unconventional methods anyways....clearly the band is upset and an avid fan, I am as well. Everyone knows the whole SHU thing was screwed up and a perfectly great double platinum record will never be released. Other than monetary gain, I'm not sure what the point is....what would anyone besides the band want with these. I would be careful about stating that your "not sure of the legal rights to the music". Two of my good friends work for Sony/Epic and they were under the impression that Nine Days owns the rights to the masters and copyrights to any SHU material.....I would be careful.

Steve

January 03, 2007 03:40PM
yeah...
are there any reactions from the dude?
January 03, 2007 11:43PM
the loser didn't even respond to my email yet.....some people...

January 04, 2007 02:54AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the guy is Brian?

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
January 04, 2007 07:19AM
"Two of my good friends work for Sony/Epic and they were under the impression that Nine Days owns the rights to the masters and copyrights to any SHU material.....I would be careful."

I guess I'll be the one to bring it up [again]...

If the band owns the copyrights, why can they not sell the album themselves?
January 04, 2007 11:06AM
I would assume it's because they created it funded by sony and while yes they own the copyrights their contract probably prohibits them from publishing it independently because sony wouldn't want them profiting off of it when sony isn't seeing anything. Something to that effect anyway.

Post Edited (01-04-07 20:06)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
January 04, 2007 12:06PM
i love all you guys! seriously...the tapes are NOT masters and they are NOT the SHU sessions...the guys knows this because i TOLD him...they are rough demos we did for the SHU record...i refuse to buy them from him because A. they are most likely damaged B. i have everything already and noone can legally do anything but play them in their home, on their Studer 2-inch tape machine (because we all have one) because we own the rights, and C. a matter of principal.

i will post the demos when we have the new site up and running (VERY soon), so you can all hear these lost masterworks.

john
January 04, 2007 12:42PM
Hey John. thanks....I waas really pissed when I say the ebay listing.....I'm glad everything is cool....but why do some people lie and do realy stupid things just to make a buck? Hey when is the album coming out? January ????

Steve

January 04, 2007 09:40PM
Nice... Thanks John - another something to look forward to.
Can't wait to hear the new stuff (and the old demo stuff to).

i'm going to buy so many copies of the new EP... by the way, does it have a title yet?
(because NineDays are famous for their great album titles...)
January 05, 2007 12:51AM
what! I just polished the dust off of my 2 inch tape machine last night
January 16, 2007 04:16AM
All I can say is that the guy is a complete tosspot........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π