ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Long Island pride?

Posted by Melissa 

Long Island pride?
February 20, 2003 06:53AM
Does anyone else get excited when they mention LI or places on LI like 27 in their songs? I do...I don't know if it's just me or Long Island pride or just being a dork?

Yeah...random post

~MeLiSsA
Re: Long Island pride?
February 20, 2003 10:09AM
ya dork

jk :-D

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
February 20, 2003 11:42AM
I don't mind being a dork...it's fun.

~MeLiSsA
February 20, 2003 11:43AM
the only thing i EVER found cool about long island is that, technically, we're not connected to the rest of the united states.. like hawaii or alaska. we have water blocking us from doing so.

other than that, it is surburbia at its finest, and thats about it.
February 20, 2003 11:47AM
I dont' think you can beat LI. I am 30 mins away from one of the best cities in the world, 15 minutes from the beaches. You can go a few hours to go skiing. There is every pro sport you can imagine...including the Mets!. Plenty of bars and clubs and a pretty good local music scene. I love Long Island. When people make fun of my accent here, I tell them I'm proud of it.

~MeLiSsA
February 20, 2003 01:56PM
seriously though... name ONE thing to do on LI that doesnt involve a diner, a bar, an atm or driving around aimlessly?
February 20, 2003 02:03PM
i havnt left michigan in years... so i feel left out and clueless when they talk about LI... kinda wish i knew what the deal was.. too bad inm not from LI

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
February 20, 2003 02:15PM
dont forget about the traffic, taxes, SUV driving morons, sky high insurance rates, cold winters, humid summers, high utility rates....

oh...

and traffic too....
February 20, 2003 02:15PM
Everyplace is like that. You have spend money to do stuff everywhere and bars are always fun. But on LI you get the beach and the city too. I guess since i've been in syracuse for 3 years and traveled a lot, I realize what LI has to offer. Even the diners, i miss them when i'm not home. There are no diners here.

~MeLiSsA
February 20, 2003 03:35PM
my mom drives an SUV, and shes making me learn off it. THAT THING IS A MOUNTAIN i cannot learn to drive operating heavy machinery.

i think LI is soaked with people who care a lot about money. i know thats EVERY place, but honestly, its a little nuts here.

OH AND I FORGOT STRIP MALLS. WHAT IS THAT?
February 20, 2003 04:01PM
strip malls are everywhere....urban sprawl.

Sorry I'm an environmental bio major. I guess it's starting to show

~MeLiSsA
February 21, 2003 12:59PM
everyone hates nj & li, which just makes no scence...there great places. EVERYWHERE NY!!!!
smiling smiley
February 21, 2003 01:31PM
wow...finally someone who agrees with me...well not NJ, but LI...LOL

I thought everyone from LI felt like me, I guess not

~MeLiSsA
February 21, 2003 03:06PM
are all you guys from that area? i was born in Conn. and lived in RI till i was 5, but now i live in KY and that is where i found ND. am i completley odd here or what? The north east rocks and all, i love it up there, but i feel like an outsider winking smiley
February 22, 2003 03:08AM
i sometimes find myself saying "**** long island...theres never anything to do" but then i turn around and say that i could never go away to college because of all the good memories that i have here.....its true...LAWN GUYLAND is an awesome place

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
February 22, 2003 05:21AM
christina #2, you won't feel like an outsider for long, just post... its fun... its hard though when we've all known eachother for awhile... but all of us were new once too... its just that some of the oldest board members are also from LI and they get to see nd all the time (like in blockbuster)... we get jealous but not so much that we can't live vicariously through them... ;o) YAY!

BOARD <33333333333333333333333

February 22, 2003 06:42AM
i've been wanting to post on this thread for awhile, but i keep procrastinating cuz i feel like it might be a way long post...and plus, i might sound like a wacko...but you guys already know i'm a wacko, so i don't care. when i moved to new york last january it was the wierdest experience ever...other than my crazt roomate, i only had 2 friends there... the first three months were a complete nightmare...i felt like i was in a foriegn country and had never even heard the language. so, one of my 2 friends picked me up and drove me (which was soooo exciting after not even seeing the inside of a car that wasn't a taxi for 3 months) to the mall...as we were on the l.i.e., i kept asking her "are we in long island yet?" for some reason, i was so excited! she kept going, "no, we're still in queens..." and when we finally got to the mall, i just wanted to do a little dance! from that point on, i was totally obsessed with long island...since i hadn't been to a nine days show yet, i couldn't connect it to that...i don;t know what it was, it just felt like home...when we finally went out to port jeff for my first show last june, my whole new york experience changed... i spent the whole rest of the year on the l.i.r.r. i think yawning smiley) and everytime i went to get a ticket, i felt so important and so excited and so genuinely happy to be going out there....like i'd be at penn station at the ticket window and say as loud as i could "yeah, I'M GOING TO BELLMORE!!" and then look around all proud, like anybody cared...but i felt so importantyawning smiley) it was strange, but it was awesome. the last month before i moved back to l.a., i was out there constantly, and everywhere we went felt just like home....i'm ridiculously obsessed with long island. it's a wondrous place, and all of you who live there should count your blessings. there's my 2 cents yawning smiley)

awww! i've got long island pride and i'm 3000 miles away! that's just not right! lol
February 22, 2003 07:10AM
why the hell would you goto Bellmore ???
February 22, 2003 08:32AM
yeah go get a lotto ticket...and move away from li u'll b happy.why do think so many travel, in order to work away from there......
lol...if my family won we would spend it to move back....people make no sense. ( if that just did then.....wow)lalalalalalalalalalalalalala
smiling smiley
p.s. just in to much pain to expense any engery to my brain.....please people don't snowboard for more than 4hrs, it hurts.
February 22, 2003 10:57AM
WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE GO TO MINEOLA? OR WESTBURY?
thats what i wanna know.

anyway, long island is great when you're not on it. seriously. but while here, i dont see the appeal. its HOME, so its always great, but it gets boring after awhile i think.
February 22, 2003 05:41PM
Did anyone see the movie "city by the sea" it was supposed to take place in Long Beach...but they made it really ghetto. There was graffitti on all these old vacant buildings and that was supposed to be Long Beach...I'm offended.

~MeLiSsA
February 23, 2003 03:58AM
"Meet The Parents" was taped on Long Island, specifically Port Washington, but it was called Oyster Bay in the movie for some reason....

*Val*

February 23, 2003 06:34AM
meet the parents is one of my favorite movies...i've seen it a million times and know all the lines yet it's funnier everytime i watch it

~MeLiSsA
February 23, 2003 06:43AM
aren't they making Meet The Parents 2???

*Val*

February 23, 2003 08:22AM
MEET THE FOKERS!
February 23, 2003 08:25AM
really??? I had no idea...that's going to be hysterical when does it come out?

~MeLiSsA
February 24, 2003 10:21AM
I am not sure...but I always thought they were making a Meet The Parents 2! lol

*Val*

February 24, 2003 11:01AM
Not a dork. A dork is someone who is going to be 40 years old and went town to town with "Marcello", Nick's old band. I have pictures that you would not believe!

I had to log on and check in as I found more pride in knowing that he went on and made something of himself.

Diane
February 24, 2003 11:03AM
hey if you have embarassing pics of nick you have to share.....

~MeLiSsA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π