ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

live shows?

Posted by upstge 

live shows?
January 29, 2007 03:41AM
you know... the guy should hook up a recorder to the soundboard and record their live shows and offer them up to fans on the site. I would fork over $10 plus shipping or so for a live show on cd. Wouldn't you? Heck, they could even make it just downloads that you buy for an amount. That way they are making some bucks and feeling loved and supported by the fans, while not having to worry about making and mailing cds.

Saw Train a few years back on their club tour and they played two sets, the first of which they gave everyone in the audience 250- 300 people, a copy of as you left. It was awesome.
Re: live shows?
January 29, 2007 07:48AM
most definately, I'd buy every live show as long as they change the set list up a little from night to night
January 29, 2007 08:17AM
me to
January 31, 2007 02:05AM
mmmmmmmm... Venezuela is waiting for you guys =D

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
February 06, 2007 12:16PM
So how about some word from the top as to whether this is even possible. I think it would be easy and doable as downloads only for about $10 a pop.
February 06, 2007 12:55PM
the equiptment to do this would alone cost quite a bit I am sure, so I doubt it is possible

February 06, 2007 02:33PM
basic equipment isnt that expensive -- it just depends on how high-tech they would want to get. You can plug any basic digital recorder into the soundboard and get a pretty decent sounding soundboard quality show.
February 06, 2007 02:54PM
i would prefer if the the band organize a big show after the release of SML (part 1 and 2) and record a Live cd...with Album art and stuff....more decent winking smiley

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

February 07, 2007 12:49AM
most boards are set up for recording straight from the board. And most bands actually do record shows to be able to compare and look back at to prepare for future gigs.
What equipment costs would you think there would be? If they are a pro live band and they don't have recording equipment... guess what? They aren't a pro band.
From day one in the tiny little hole in the wall clubs, Dave Matthews Band recorded their shows at soundboard quality. Sure they are big now, but when they were playing for tips basically, they could afford to tape their own show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π