ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

John + Brian: Tabs?

Posted by P-Sinq 

John + Brian: Tabs?
January 29, 2007 06:18AM
I know that some bands dont like to give out the tabs to their songs, for their own reasons, they normally let people figure them out theirselves,
i'm probably right in thinking we wont be expecting a "Slow motion life" chord book avaliable, i'm mean i'm not asking for one, i'm not a knob
but for some songs could you possibly be able to give us a clue, even if its just if you use a cappo, or what chords you use in certain songs.
because a lot of us want to play along to the songs, and instead of requesting someone to work them out, because i'm hopeless myself, i thought i'd get it from the horses mouth.

if i'm taking the piss and its too much to ask, or you dont want to, then fair enough
but i know i'm not on my own in asking this
it would be much appriciated if you did

thanks
Re: John + Brian: Tabs?
February 04, 2007 05:52AM
I second the request. I'm itching to play Brand New Me. Pretty please! smiling smiley
February 04, 2007 07:22AM
for brand new me, I think the verses are : A-Bm-F#-G and the chorus G-D-A-Bm-F#-G... very rough... I don't know if the F# are bar chords or more like F#/G (200033)...
February 04, 2007 07:40AM
well..

I have spoken to the guys about this as my ear for figuring music out is horrendous.

John loves to use the G Cadd9 D progressions and all variations thereof.. and adding the capo as needed up and down the neck.

I think John claims to not "get" tablature---and I dont "get" real written music.. so that is a stalemate.

At one time, everyone was trying to figure out tabs to a song on one thread and Brian was nice enough to post that almost all the guesses to the music were wrong---but of course.. didnt actually say what the correct chords were.

Bastards. Both of em!
February 05, 2007 01:31AM
then ask jeremy, nick, or vinny, they've spent a bunch of time at the practices, watching the monday songs concert, seems john was a lot of time asking nick on where notes land when he had forgotten.

February 05, 2007 01:34AM
a lot of artists also don't write them explicitly down, maybe just progressions (eg. I-IV-vi-V), the rest is memorized and a hassle to write down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π