ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Argh

Posted by FGAnderson 

Argh
April 02, 2007 12:22PM
This spammer has totally ruined the board... is there anything we can do about it??

~Kevin~
Re: Argh
April 03, 2007 10:52AM
Run away!
April 03, 2007 12:47PM
This is really getting ridiculous

~Kevin~
April 03, 2007 01:44PM
Same thing happened on the Stroke 9 board.

Its dead now. This can not happen here.
April 03, 2007 02:17PM
RUN TO THE HILLS!

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

April 04, 2007 03:43AM
bump
JPG
April 04, 2007 10:19AM
I don't know if the BB Software can ban IP addresses maybe they can ban the people that are SPAMMING this board, this is the 2nd board this year that I have seen spamed by unwanted people :@
April 04, 2007 10:45AM
Much as I love the retro-homeliness of this board, I think maybe it's time we got a new forum.

April 04, 2007 12:01PM
There is some way to block people in some way, it's been done before.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 04, 2007 12:32PM
If the problem continues I'd be more than glad to buy a domain name and start a new "nine days" forum with proper moderation so that we don't get spammed. I just don't want to start one yet unless its necessary
April 04, 2007 02:38PM
I'm really pissed off about this!...

"RESISTENCIA ESTUDIANTIL - VIVA LA UNIVERSIDAD!"
April 04, 2007 07:28PM
ninedays are working on fixing the problem, give it a week or so.
I don't know about you all, but im not ready to abandon this board =(

April 08, 2007 04:36PM
There is a way to rid this jerk but it has to be done at the domain level where the folder is actually stored. There is a file similar to the .htaccess file in there which can be modified to remove the user. The only problem is that he can just sign up with another name. Unfortunately it's an endless cyle. The fix would be to have the band go back to approving all the new members but can be timely and alot of stress.
I will personally look into the phorum-3.4 docs myself and see what can be done but cannot promise anything due to me starting a new business and not having much time. I was going to start a phorum for my family but this is the reason I didn't. I hate people like this! They need to get a life!
Unfortunatley, as the internet grows so do the pains of the older stuff still out there!
April 09, 2007 01:27AM
What about "phpbb3" http://www.phpbb.com/ as new forum software. Full of features and it's free.

Cheers!
Kent
April 10, 2007 11:52PM
SOMEONE KILL HIM PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!!
April 11, 2007 04:03AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π