ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

spammer issue

Posted by cber 

spammer issue
April 15, 2007 06:00AM
You need to go into the admin area and log in as the phorums administrator. Here is the link
http://www.ninedaysmusic.com/phorum-3.4/admin/index.php
You should be able to block the Ip address of the spammer. You can also delete the user from this area. I suggest that you update the Phorum to the new Phorum because their are better functions that can be used. Updating will not effect past messages (I am not 100% sure about this but I believe you can)
As I know that John and the guys are not as savvy as they want to be with this, it's not really that hard to do once your logged in as the admin.
John, Email me and let me know if you want me to help you with this. I will do the best that I can. Due to the old board I may have to research a little bit more on getting the issue resolved but it shouldn't take too long.

Post Edited (04-15-07 15:10)
Re: spammer issue
April 15, 2007 07:40AM
man i hope it will succeed.
fuc k this spammer and his mom in the a ss
April 15, 2007 07:42AM
We could always just revert to writing "Spam" in the title of every thread. The crazy robot machine at least has enough decency to not **** with those threads.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
April 15, 2007 09:22AM
bump
April 15, 2007 01:33PM
Just for the record, The culprits links all revert to Googles blogger site.
Some of the links are already being investigated and I'm sure they will shut him down in due time. Were not the only ones that are dealing with this punk.
We can easily post his IP address and then everyone can relentlessly ping his address,With detailed instructions of course.There are so many options to make his life difficult with his IP. He will not be too happy and neither would his internet provider if we broadcast his address! These people aren't too computer smart they just know how to send spam and bother people.
Just think, they are most likely paid to do this for every post they make by some low class business out there.
Just think, He's up to 305 posts!
April 15, 2007 03:56PM
Please teach me how we can screw with this guy

~Kevin~
April 15, 2007 05:42PM
hi cber, it's good to have you around here, man,
but dose'nt he changes his IP every time he does that?

anyway, if there's something i can do to help with this a sshole, just tell me how
April 16, 2007 01:59AM
I think the guy is starting to grow on me. Maybe we should all post spam on this board to show we accept him.
April 17, 2007 08:17AM
Just for the record, I don't think this guy was smart enough to change his IP every time. He just a bum sitting at home making a penny per post.
He probably got paid $3.05 for his annoying caper! Now he must find another board to create minimal havoc.
April 17, 2007 11:23PM

I bought some of his Xanax. Great price! Good delivery!

Would definitely do business with him again! Great Spammer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π