ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ninedays digital downloads available...

Posted by johnhampson 

ninedays digital downloads available...
June 06, 2007 12:52AM
Many of you already have just about everything we've officially released, but we have set up a "Snocap" store on our Myspace page (Myspace.com/9days) where you can purchase all the indie ninedays albums for $8 and $10, or song by song for $.99 each.

We have included 2 songs ( "Left Undone" and "Distant") that were recorded way back in 1994 as part of the original "Something To Listen To" sessions with Keith Zebroski, who now plays with country singer Miranda Lambert, on drums and no Jeremy. They have never been released, and neither has been played live since 1995. They are actually really cool songs, but after Vinnie and Jeremy joined the band and our sound evolved, they just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the record. Now, probably because they haven't been played as much, they are among my favorite ninedays songs.

There are two omissions from "STLT", however; "Castles Burning" and "9 Days of Rain." Personal reasons. They are out there somewhere, i am sure, if you really want them. They are great songs, written with an amazing songwriter.

"New Shoes" will be up shortly, there is a weird technical glitch that is not allowing us to upload it at the moment.

We will be sifting through our demos, acoustic recordings and live stuff worth hearing and gradually putting it all up there. Enjoy.

John

Post Edited (06-06-07 11:32)
Re: ninedays digital downloads available...
June 06, 2007 01:39AM
just in case u don't have the link,
http://www.myspace.com/9days

June 06, 2007 02:33PM
I picked up those 2 unreleased songs from "STLT", pretty cool tracks, especially distant, pretty epic song. But the thing that caught my eye the most after i bught them was the artwork that comes with the 2 songs, i had to do a double take once i played them in iTunes and they popped up. Just classic and too, too funny and i can't stop looking at it! LOL.
June 10, 2007 02:34PM
whats the sound quality like?
June 10, 2007 04:31PM
Actually i was worried about that myself, as i'd still rather have hard copies of the 2 albums i'm missing on disc (Something To Listen To & Three). The 2 unreleased tracks from "STLT" are pretty damn good considering their age. They're encoded as 160 kbps mp3's and i'm very satisfied with the quality and i'm pretty picky about this stuff so... I do think those 2 unreleased tracks are a must have, very different vibe on the songs before Vin and Jeremy joined. Interesting listen for that time period of the band.

"Three" i also downloaded, the whole thing. Songs are encoded as 192 kbps mp3's and sound much better than the old freebie mp3's i had so, i'm very happy with the sound upgrade on those. Sound great through the basic iPod headphones i use, haven't checked them out on my home stereo or car deck yet. The wavyness and flutters are gone from my old copies, i can say that. How good the sound is on actual CD copies of the thing i have no idea, but short of having those available released, i'm quite happy with these right now.

Don't know how much this helps you but, i do plan to download the rest of "STLT" as listening to the sample of "Lost," it's a little different than the one i have, so not sure how different this version of the CD is but i guess i'll find out soon enough and making me want perfect copies of both is there is, in fact, 2 different versions or if it's just "Lost" that was slightly changed up :-)
June 11, 2007 01:42AM
*note: "Magicman" is correct regarding the different version of "Lost You" on STLT. I forgot that we actually re-recorded both "Lost You" and "Things We Said" for the later version of the CD. The version of "Lost You" available for download is the original version that was recorded with Keith Zebroski on drums, and again, no Jeremy. The very faint Hammond organ on this version was played by a friend of mine, Adam Forgione. The version of "Things We Said" available for download in the original version, not the re-recorded version, with Vinnie and Jeremy both playing on it.

STLT was recored in two parts, really. The first part ("Castles Burning", "Shipwreck Water", "Lost You", "Her Own Two Feet", "7 Windsor Ct.", "Outside Yourself", "Cap LeMoine", "Nine days of Rain", "Left Undone" and "Distant" was recorded as a 4 piece with Keith Zebroski on drums and was intended to be our first album. Then Keith left, Vinnie joined and we added Jeremy as the final member. Our sound changed a bit, and we decided to record the 6 new songs we wrote ("All My Reasons", "Things we Said", "Miss Alva Maria", "Muddy Water", "A Bit of truth" and "Making Amends") and combine the two sessions as one album. We omitted "Left Undone" and "Distant" for two reasons; #1. they didn't sound like the same band, and #2. we could only fit 14 songs on the CD! we had to cut two songs.

A final note, some of you may have an acoustic version of "Cap Lemoine"; that is not the original version. the version available for download is the full band, original session version. We're working on compiling all these different versions, outtakes, and never released music as part of a ninedays "Rare Tracks" CD that will be up soon.

john
June 11, 2007 12:07PM
Wow i didn't know that the CD had songs recorded from both versions of the band combined as one. I finally downloaded the rest of "STLT" and everything is identical to the one i had other than "Lost You," I'm happy with the upgraded sound from my old copies. I think i like the re-recorded version of "Lost You" as it has a little mored edge to it, imo. Great to have 2 versions of it though, as i think after "Ocean" it may be my favorite Brian-fronted song.
June 11, 2007 04:30PM
it's a shame that only US residents can download them, because you have a lot of internatiaonal fans here to.
but i guess it is'nt up to you very much.

Post Edited (06-12-07 01:40)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π