ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Songs

Posted by 3eyedaliens 

Songs
June 08, 2003 05:52PM
Hey everyone! I'm slightly bored so I thought I'd start a post. I haven't had a good question asking post in awhile, so here goes!

Are there any songs that you could just, put on repeat and not get sick of them?

Haha, I've been sitting here with my newest CD, The Goo Goo Dolls and have been listening to "Sympathy" over and over. Ahh, it's great.

And I used to listen to "Wanna Be" over and over, it's a nice peaceful song, I'd usually put it on repeat before bed hehe.

I'm sure there's other's I've listened to on repeat for forever and still loved 'em but I can't think of any. I shall be back later with more if no one replies! That's a threat! Hehe. smiling smiley
Re: Songs
June 08, 2003 06:12PM
"Shackled" by Vertical Horizon gets me going...

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 08, 2003 06:15PM
That is a pretty good song, it's so different from the rest on the CD.

I thought of another one! Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World. Oooh, good song. smiling smiley
June 08, 2003 06:19PM
yeah it's really different. so... evilish, man. dementure. and i like the other dude's voice.

and damn you now that song's stuck in my head

"Cross Out The Eyes" and "Jet Black New Year" by Thursday have also been songs i've been listening to a lot lately, though not necessarily back to back to back to back because they get me a bit worked up and i run around my room yelling the words and one time i ran into my wall and hit my head and it hurt a lot.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 08, 2003 06:22PM
Ohhhhh! It totally did not occur to me that it was another singer. I just thought he changed his voice! lol! Oops. And! If you can listen to the song over and over you shouldn't mind if it's in your head, so ha! lol.
June 08, 2003 06:36PM
yeah it's that Keith guy

on the earlier stuff he and Matt change vocals more often, but the earlier stuff isn't very good....

and yeah i can't listen to Hear You Me over and over again which is why it's driving me insane that "may angels lead you in" keeps repeating over and over in my head

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 08, 2003 06:53PM
Ohhhhhhh!!!! I thought you meant you had Shackles in your head 'cause you'd been talking about that song previously. Ooops. But do you agree at least that it's a good song? Hehe. I think it's quite meaningful, anyway. It's one of the two songs on the CD I like (that and The Middle, I"ll never get tired of that either). smiling smiley
June 08, 2003 11:31PM
i really really like the thrills - santa cruz (you're not that far away) ive been listenin to it lmost constantly for like 3weeks now!!

June 09, 2003 01:50AM
temptation or walking wounded by the tea party forsure

s [insanesanity]
June 09, 2003 03:03AM
'Cause my shackles you won't be...

God, that song kicks so much ass. And the older stuff does not suck Mike, it just takes some getting used to. smiling smiley

June 09, 2003 05:18AM
you only like two songs on that CD?

and no i've tried to get used to their older stuff but i just can't seem to make myself listen to all of Running On Ice

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 09, 2003 06:00AM
Yup, I only like The Middle and Hear You Me. And Sweetness is ok. I guess I never really gave it a chance when i first got it and now I just never listen to it.
June 09, 2003 08:02AM
I prefer "Searching With My Good Eye Closed" by Soundgarden because it is already a pretty long song, and it fades in for the beginning and out for the ending, so I think on an endless loop, it'd sound pretty nice. Plus it's an awesome song.

Cheran
---
Qui a besoin d'un coeur quand un coeur peut ?tre cass
June 09, 2003 08:10AM
hw annoying is that when you buy like 4 cds in one trip, listen to 1 loads and 2 of the others alot and then rarely ever listen to the entire of the fourth album, only the songs you already know!!

June 09, 2003 09:28AM
dude.... that Jimmy Eat World CD is so damn good.... try it again

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
June 09, 2003 09:55AM
My roomie can vouch for me on this one:
"Good" by Better Than Ezra

...its just so, good

~Diana
June 10, 2003 08:49AM
really heather, the jimmy eat world cd is so rad. i insist you listen again.
June 10, 2003 09:29AM
Alrighty kids, I shall listen to it again. I think it's a lot like Travis, The Man Who, which I only like a couple songs on... but I shall give it another try or two. smiling smiley
June 10, 2003 02:04PM
Yeah.. you'll hate it this time too tongue sticking out smiley

Goo Goo Dolls - Slide, Iris, Here Is Gone, Sympathy

Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life, I'll Never Let You Go, Blinded

Train - Drops of Jupiter, Meet Virginia

Nine Days - Bob Dylan, So Far Away

Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump, Intergalatic..

That's enough.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
June 10, 2003 02:12PM
Visualize by Stroke 9, Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith, If I Am, Sympathy-GGD

Although I cannot fly, I'm not content to crawl.
June 10, 2003 03:16PM
oh alan, i just love you!!!!

those two train songs are right at the top of my list too!
June 10, 2003 03:24PM
blushes

June 10, 2003 04:20PM
Wow, how like...radio.
June 10, 2003 04:21PM
well, wasnt that the point? because after all thats what the radio does, plays the same songs over and over again...
June 10, 2003 04:43PM
one time my 3 year old cousin made me put on Baby Got Back for him...

I think it was like in the middle of the 6th time when he fell asleep...

kids these days.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Monica D.

www.drowninword.com <- now my graphics site!

June 10, 2003 05:30PM
How about "Back To Me" by John Mayer. When that song gets stuck in my head I have to keep listening to it. Oh and "You Make Me Feel" by Jeremy Toback...even though it's kinda old, I'm a little obsessed with it right now. smiling smiley um...a lot of ninedays songs...like Beautiful, Favorite Song, Crazy, Revolve, If I Am...prolly a lot of others too.

~Danielle~

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
June 11, 2003 08:58AM
how like.. why not.

The reason they are on the radio is because they are usually the best songs from them..

And if you know them that well then I'm sure you like them too.

Please I'm an avid Beastie Boys fan and I don't know how often you listen to Shake your Rump.. but I know I hear it on the radio all the damn time..

rolls eyes

June 11, 2003 09:37AM
my two pence worth...

One headlight - Wallflowers

Foolish Games - Jewel (ok, not really happy, happy joy, joy stuff but still)

Matchbox Twenty - Rest Stop, Last Beautiful Girl, Bed of Lies, 3 am

Vertical Horizion - GREY SKY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything you want

Dishwalla - Charlie Brown's parents, Counting Blue cars

BNL - Brian Wilson, One Week, If i Had a $1,000,000

Fastball - Your an Ocean, Your an Ocean oh, and maybe Your an Ocean

Michelle Branch - Somthing to sleep to

Counting Crows - American Girls, Up all Night, Mrs Potters Lullaby

I may come back with more later...

James
June 11, 2003 12:23PM
I was referring to the Goo Goo Dolls songs.

Seriously...

their best work is stuff that's not on the radio.

But I guess...

well, nevermind. I did stop posting for a reason.
June 11, 2003 01:46PM
One song i immediately think of is innocent by Our Lady Peace. Sometimes i will put on the cd and just play that song over and over. Now let's see. fly away from here and luv lies by Aerosmith are great songs that i love to listen to. One of my all time favorites that I could listen to forever is Wonderful by Everclear. Also someone already mentioned Drops of Jupiter which i always end up singing along to when I here it.

Rock On
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π