ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

on topic: michelle branch

Posted by muffinman252 

on topic: michelle branch
July 05, 2003 03:22PM
okay... maybe this is a bit out there, but in michelle branch's new, rocking cd, 'hotel paper', she has this song, "where are you now?", and, it totally freaking rocks...well, anyways, the instrumental part at the end is SOOOO right off of "madding crowd"! if it's coincidence, that's killer cuz it rocks, if, by some small chance, it's not, i'd love to know who in her band is a fan.

"breate" also sounds a bit like our guys, but more subtely.

anyways...anybody else heard it?

-Bryce, Utah
Re: on topic: michelle branch
July 05, 2003 03:25PM
her video for everywhere reminded me of the absolutely video a lot..

~SOFiA~

"you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo"
July 05, 2003 06:08PM
"i am the muffinman"

springsteen

well, not really, but you get it

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
July 05, 2003 09:36PM
If I remember correctly the videos were made by the same chickie. smiling smiley
July 06, 2003 03:32AM
Grr...I hate Michelle Branch

"Breathing out and breathing in is harder than its ever been for me..."
July 06, 2003 09:54AM
yeah it was directed by the same person. so thats why its all artist singing in vacant apartment er whatever.

michelle branch is so funny now. her single doesnt have her playing guitar, and she has no idea how to perform without one. she stands in the corner and sings while clutching her stomach. absolutely horrible and funny at the same time. i liked her former stuff though.
July 06, 2003 12:43PM
Michelle Branch is awesome! I've seen her in concert twice and she puts on quite a show. Though I haven't seen her perform anything without a guitar. And I agree about her former stuff being better though her new CD is really growing on me. Some of the songs are quite good. smiling smiley

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
July 06, 2003 04:58PM
director of absolutely vide : liz friedlander
director of michelle branch video: no clue...?

hope this helps???

rachel......
July 06, 2003 09:49PM
noooo it doesn't.. but it's always nice to hear from ya grinning smiley

I like her stuff overall.. it's very sweet sounding.. and Everywhere is greaaaat.

I absolutely love her when she smiles
July 07, 2003 02:10AM
then the michelle video is by liz whatever. its this same chick i guarentee it
July 07, 2003 03:57AM
Yep, Liz Friedlander did Absolutely and Everywhere. She also directed Kelly Clarkson's video for "Miss Independent" (which has similar aspects to the former two videos as well) and Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Barenaked" video, which, well, should be destroyed forever. Because no one should be forced to remember JLH's singing career. *shudders*

~lori~
July 07, 2003 06:33PM
me likes Michelle Branch a lot, love the new album, but hadn't noticed any similarity to ND.
The poor girl's having real problems cracking the UK market, mainly down to crappy promo over here. Hopefully all will change with the new album
July 07, 2003 08:16PM
I've her first CD and that slow song, on number 9 of 10 is really great, but the rest is pop.
July 07, 2003 11:33PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
July 09, 2003 10:04AM
yes, her first cd is mostly poppy...but i'm not ashamed in front of "the guys," so to speak, about the new one cuz it rocks.

i had no idea both videos were directed by Liz Friedlander. quite a coincidence, thanx

Post Edited (07-09-03 19:05)

-Bryce, Utah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π