ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

feedback...

Posted by johnhampson 

feedback...
September 25, 2003 02:35AM
hey all, we are looking at booking a few shows this November so we can see some of you...i need some feedback on a few venues; thoughts on HIFi Club in Cleveland? Fletchers in Baltimore?

john

Re: feedback...
September 25, 2003 02:43AM
COME TO JERSEY!!!!
September 25, 2003 03:06AM
Oh John, you know you'd love to come back to Chicago...

haha

~Danielle~

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today"
September 25, 2003 03:19AM
YES... I speak for Colleen, Ashley, and myself when I say...

COME TO CLEVELAND GOD DAMMIT.

I've never been to HiFi... I know that Peabody's is nice, and I've heard good things about the Odeon.

September 25, 2003 04:09AM
club laga
or
hard rock cafe
in pittsburgh, please.

sorry, but never been, or don't know anything about the two inquiries .

doug.
September 25, 2003 04:11AM
come to wisconsin, anywhere in wisconsin... i'm in oshkosh right now, but i could come down to milwaukee
September 25, 2003 04:12AM
Cleveland would be awesome!!! That isn't undriveable for me!
Just so long as it isn't impossible to get in that would be great.

Annetta
September 25, 2003 04:13AM
Dammit.

If you play at HiFi, it's 21+, and some of us midwesterners who have been waiting so long for nine days won't be able to go... sad smiley

September 25, 2003 04:22AM
For a cool, smaller venue, come to Connecticut and play at Shenanigan's in Norwalk. You can even come by way of the ferry from Port Jeff. Tell me what size venue you are looking for and I can give you other suggestions.

Rock on!! I cannot wait to buy your CD and the new NineDays CD!!
September 25, 2003 05:12AM
Fletchers in Baltimore?
it's a shithole, just don't use the pyro!!!
September 25, 2003 05:41AM
how bout some atlanta dates.
make mandy, lindz, emily and i happy.
September 25, 2003 06:03AM
Chicago would be awesome... though remember if you guys have these 21+ shows, like, 80% of us can't go... and that would suck.

-Brian
September 25, 2003 06:11AM
ok here is my feedback....

Cleveland

-HIFi cluB is strictly 21+....so there goes the whole "all shows are all ages from now on" therefore i wouldnt be able to see the show..plus it is in lakewood which isnt the nicest area around cleveland...well unless you WANT to get shot

-Odeon- i mean you have to love this place...ive been there a million times...saw my first nine days show there (7-25-00) and the latest show (10-30-02) there...awesome place...speaking of which im going to a show there in 2 weeks....may i add its in a good area of cleveland

-Peabodys could be cool...never been there but if its all ages or at least 17+...ill be there

-Hard Rock Cafe--gotta love it...its in Tower City...great sound

to reply to the user that posted about pittsburgh(note pitts. only about 2.5 hours from cleveland...take 76 to 480 to 77 north)here are my thoughts

Pittsburgh

-Club laga---niiiice venue..similar to the Odeon in cleveland...Saw Kill Hannah there a week or so ago..cept the venue is like 4 stories up so its kinda hard to locate..i went around the block a million times to try and find it (front street is one way...urgh)

anyother venue in pitts is all good as long as i can get into the show it is all goood with me..

Im driving from Youngstown so either city is eqidistant from me

hope this helps john
Tracy

Post Edited (09-25-03 17:10)

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
September 25, 2003 06:57AM
Tracy, I did get your IM... I was at class, that's why I wasn't writing back.

Peabody's are almost always all ages shows. It's nice because you still get the club atmosphere, but the stage is a good size and you don't feel all cramped in.

I really do want to see a show at the Odeon someday... I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Post Edited (09-25-03 16:14)
September 25, 2003 08:08AM
ALL SHOWS WILL BE ALL AGES....NO EXCEPTIONS...i promise...even if we do HIFI Club in Cleveland, it will only be for an all ages show...

john

September 25, 2003 08:09AM
your the bestest john

September 25, 2003 08:53AM
Please, please, please come to Chicago. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Rock On
September 25, 2003 08:57AM
WATERSTREET IN ROCHESTER, NY......it's a great venue for smaller shows. Depending on how many people you think will show you can play the main side or the club side. I've seen great shows on both including maroon 5, the starting line, and some local bands. COME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! haha

~Tommy

"...now everyone elses heartbreak should be measured by my pain, and all the beauty in this world has spirled down the drain..." ~ J-money
September 25, 2003 09:18AM
I am determined to help piece together a Southeast tour that includes Florida!!!! (i.e. how I've already been in touch with John's solo booking agent to set up a relationship with UM's booking agency!)

This is going to be impressive, because to drive the length of Florida, it takes 10 hrs, and I was born, raised, and attend college 8 hours from the Georgia line - yet I know enough about my state and music to give ya some leads!

So here we go:

You start out in Jacksonville. The Freebird Cafe hosts a LOT of awesome shows and has a pretty good rep.

Hit Gainseville next and visit the friendly college kids at one of my rival schools. Awesome venues abound, from the laid-back vibe of Common Grounds to the rocking Eddie C's. Gainesvillebands.com has a great list of venues.

Swing to O-town next. Big venues include Hard Rock Live at Universal, and the House of Blues at Disney. Small little clubs in the burbs that have played host to (and gotten good reviews from) student bands include Lost and Found and Dante's.

Next up is West Palm Beach, a.k.a. MY HOMETOWN!!! winking smiley I can recommend a buttload of great venues here. My top pick would be The Carefree Theatre, which is an AWESOME restored movie theatre that's become one of the most popular concert venues downtown. Respectable Street Cafe, Spanky's, and Ray's Downtown Blues, all on Clematis (the main downtown drag) have long-standing, EXCELLENT reputations for live music and great shows. A smaller suburban venue, The Kelsey Club, also hosts an eclectic variety of rock shows, from metal and punk to the classic rowdy stuff. Coral Sky Backstage may be an option too, for a smaller outdoor show at a larger venue.

Check into places like The Factory in Fort Lauderdale and Mizner Park in Boca Raton. Mizner's a cool outdoor amphitheatre, and The Factory has a huge following and rep for good shows.

On to my current home, MIIIIIAAAAAAMMMMIIIII (party in the city where the heat is on....sorry....couldn't resist....) First suggestion: University of Miami! GO CANES! Of course, I would do anything within my semi-limited capacity as a marketing director to book y'all into either our outdoor concert series or the on-campus BAR, the Rathskellar (probably not the big nightime outdoor stage this time....sorry guys...)

Other neato Miami venues around campus are Titanic Brewery (right next door) but it's a bit small. Tobacco Road is one of the oldest and most respected live music venues in Miami, as is Churchills. Great vibe and great people at both. Billboard Live up on South Beach is getting a hella good reputation, and has a pretty sweet set-up. Bayfront Park is a good outdoor venue, as is Young Circle Park. And, of course, there's always the Hard Rock Cafe!

Up the coast, you've got Tampa's Neptune Lounge - and more stuff around there, I'm sure!

Then, visit more college kids in Tallahassee. FSU has Club Downunder, which is FAR too cool to be a campus venue and gets a crazy variety of awesome rock bands. I am deeply jealous. I believe there's also a venue called Floyd's with a good rep up there. Find a good listing HERE: http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/entertainment/6578791.htm

See? When I DO post, it's worth it. You can thank me by touring my state winking smiley

-Dar

---
Live your life just how you love to live it, things will all fall into place. Take your strife and try your best to sing it, in the end you'll meet your friends - Gabe Dixon Band
September 25, 2003 09:25AM
how often to people play in Alaska

i want an Alaska show

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
waterstreet in rochestrer is a very nice venue

I will pee my pants in ninedays plays in Cleveland.

I love Cleveland. Lissa, I smell ROADTRIP!

September 25, 2003 09:32AM
new orleans ...most of the bands play here at the House of Blues

plus, i mean ...it's new orleans guys, you can party too

~Ryan~
September 25, 2003 09:51AM
John...good places in Baltimore...almost anywhere in Fell's Point and Fed Hill District....

Fletchers is awesome..nothing in Baltimore is a big place though, and Fletchers does ALL AGES all the time..jsut costs more for under 21. The Otto Bar rocks as well, and the way the stage is set up is awesome. They have a catwalk kinda over the stage that fans can sit on and watch :-d

The Royal in Baltimore is cool too, though its VERY small..I'd say maybe 100 people max can be at a show there.

Tell ya what, if you'd like, I'll give ya the email address of teh drummer I work for, he can tell you awesome venues in MD, DC, VA, DE smiling smiley
September 25, 2003 10:00AM
DUDE TRACY!!

CLEVELAND WOULD BE SUPERSWEET!!!
WE'D HAVE AN US REUNION....AND SEE NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

wow.

And is Lakewood really that bad? I go to 80's night at the Phantasy all the time.

But back to wow.

I'm extatic.
September 25, 2003 10:04AM
Oh and I forgot to add...

John you should just come to Kent State University. We would really kick it up, and the Tracy and I could have a slumber party =)

~Diana
September 25, 2003 10:06AM
All ages shows. Rock.

Now just don't have it on a god damned weekday, and I will be all set. hahaha

September 25, 2003 10:42AM
John, you guys should come back to Columbus, OH if you can...

Try and play the Newport again, or if right now that's too big a venue for you guys right now....you could play at this place called Little Brothers, I've seen Nada Surf and Ben Kweller there, it's a nice tiny venue.

Do you remember the show at the Newport back in...umm January '01 when the power went out, and you guys did a little acoustic set until the lights came back on?

What an amazing night....good times.

- Brian
www.3eb.co.uk
September 25, 2003 11:22AM
Columbus would work too. =)

Just stay away from a bar called Miani's, lest you want to feel like you're playing in someone's basement... right Colleen?

Post Edited (09-25-03 20:49)
September 25, 2003 02:17PM
cough south east cough...nc,sc,ga, fl i can do if thats where you go...and louisianna gives me a reason to go visit someone...so yeah play there too...cause he likes you guys a lot too...just TOUR DAMNIT smiling smiley

Mandy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π