ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

downtown

Posted by emily 

downtown
March 02, 2003 02:33AM
did the dowtown show pass yet? is there an age limit? im lazy to look it up, lol, so ill wait here for a resonse...thanks ya!

-Emily

"forever bored and outside from the in-crowd..."
Re: downtown
March 02, 2003 04:02AM
DATE CITY VENUE AGES DOORS SET TIME PRICE
3.28.03 Farmingdale, NY The Downtown 16+ TBA 10PM TBA
March 02, 2003 04:10AM
yeah..what lou said.

i'd just like to point out though that halfway down this page there is a thread titled:

"Lou owes no drinks!!!!! Downtown March 28th! " yawning smileyP

hope you're over 16 so you can get into the show! they're always goodtimes. Especially when John listens to your threatening emails and FINALLY plays a song you've been dying to hear live (both steph and I have had situations like this, her with "Everything" and me with "Miss Alva Maria." YAY for john not wanting to die! Haha)

~lori~
March 02, 2003 04:34AM
nooo. what happened with that was i had 3 random ppl email him and ask for the song right after i did. so then he replied along the lines of "you know, it turns out a bunch of people requested it. MAYBE we'll play it" and they did.

soooo uh, thanks again?
March 02, 2003 05:26AM
I think Lou should give me a drink anyway...

Ummmmmm

Grey Goose and Cranberry please.....

thanks
March 02, 2003 06:11AM
oh duh, steph. im an ass, haha. i was one of those people you had email him requesting it. haha. you'd think i'd remember.

NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS!

sorry, random moment.

~lori~
March 02, 2003 06:40AM
yeah, scott. it's grey goose when somebody else is buying, right? easy with your top shelf vodka...lol :O)

rachel......
March 02, 2003 02:30PM
you're safe and if you check the website for the downtown it says that tickets are $15 and doors open at 7 pm...

kt

"brand new starts make saints of sinners, but i'm doomed 2 live in my past"
March 03, 2003 12:14AM
noooo...damn my age...im 14...(dont stereotype me, please...im NOT the stereotype of a 14 yr old girl at all...) ...anybody wanna make me an ID saying im 16? eh? no...? oh..alright... and i live so close too...eh, oh well...sucks to me i guess...hehe ill stop now...thanks ya anyways all you nice ppl on the board!

-Emily

-Emily

March 03, 2003 06:55AM
on a different thread i said to just find someone that maybe looks a little like you. I don't think they are going to ID hard on people going in for under 21. Even if you can't and live so close just say that you don't drive yet and don't have a drivers licsense. You gotta be able to get in somehow. I've been 21 since i've been 15 so I think you would be able to get in somewhere where you don't even have to be legal. I don't know. Good luck though.

~MeLiSsA
March 03, 2003 07:05AM
they never ID @ the 16+ shows so just come anyways : )

*Val*

March 03, 2003 07:52AM
i probably will go anyways with my friend whos older or something and has a license, and ill just be like...oh, i dont drive yet and i dont have any ID and since im such a good actress theyll let me in....now all i need to do is learn how to act and get a friend that can drive...

-Emily

March 03, 2003 03:45PM
Emily - go to the show...don't say anything about not having ID or anything, just walk on in...as long as you don't look 10, you'll be FINE!

Post Edited (03-04-03 15:09)
March 03, 2003 09:04PM
>>they never ID @ the 16+ shows so just come anyways : )<<

both me and billy were id'ed at the august show!!!! sad smiley

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
March 04, 2003 01:21AM
>>both me and billy were id'ed at the august show!!!! sad smiley<<

as was I, amy. I think its because (at the time) we didn't necessarily look 17 and 18, respectively. they wanted us to prove that we were under 21 so we wouldn't try to buy alcohol. Whereas someone who looks about 16 ish (which Emily might be able to do...I looked 16 when I was 14) won't get carded because there's no way they could pass for 21

~lori~
March 04, 2003 03:58AM
I was told that they would be no math
March 04, 2003 06:46AM
scott, you're my favoriteyawning smiley)

rachel......
March 04, 2003 07:32AM
ok this what ill do...ill get plastic surgery, wear a LOT of make-up to cover up w/e they screwed up on while they were operating, wear heels cuz im short (even tho im as tall as ill ever be), and...yeah, so thats my plan. itll work! not that ill do it, but it works in theory, as all things do. but people tell me i look like im either 12 or like im 16...so i guess im kinda screwed. oh well. im 16! who ever said i was 14? *hides behind a coconut tree*

-Emily

&quot;forever bored and outside from the in-crowd...&quot;
March 04, 2003 07:40AM
oh emily, just go. whats the worst that could happen? they kick you out. so big deal, its not like you are driving from minnesota or something insane like that.
March 04, 2003 08:52AM
Emily, Bring a bag, they'll be more concerned with whats in the bag and check it then look at the ID. But thats a suggestion, I'm not entirely sure if it'll work

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
March 04, 2003 08:55AM
thank you so much...youre all so helpful! i mean it, too...ill just go and if they say anything screw them ill be like, i dont drive, i walked here and ill bring the bag, and its worth it just to try! i live in riverhead...its on the island...its worth it...im going! hope to see you all there...look for the young, lost one smiling smiley

-Emily

March 04, 2003 11:42AM
There was Alison and here's the thing
I thought that she was 17
She was 18 but looked 16
And told me she was 23

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
March 04, 2003 12:03PM
that just confused me. when im tehre look for the spaced out, lost wandering little confused girl...

-Emily

March 05, 2003 04:13AM
Hon, I've been passing for 18 since I was only a little older than you!! Just act confident, and don't dress up, jeans, trainers and a T is fine - you're going to a gig not a club! minamilist makeup and a hat, you'll be cool!!

Have a great time - I'm waaaaay jealous :-(

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 05, 2003 06:32AM
i was just kidding up there...about dressing up and all...yeah, most times im not serious...but really, thanks for all the help! i AM going if i can get a ride, cuz its too far to walk, even tho i AM close...thanks a lot you guys! you rock!

-Emily

March 05, 2003 06:35AM
Riverhead= the hometown of Nine Days haha sorry I'm quite bored. I'll be there, and If they play 257 Weeks I'll be the one jumping around and probably hitting everyone around me

&quot;I'm not made of steel, but your secrets safe with me.&quot; Our Lady Peace
March 05, 2003 06:38AM
riverhead = the hometown of me! i could give you a guided tour thru my head...saturday, at 6 come into my brain, and ill show you the hometown of nine days...

-Emily

March 05, 2003 06:40AM
oh yeah...riverhead isnt that great...altho its improved since they lived here...come back guys! smiling smiley

-Emily

March 05, 2003 06:43AM
I could do the same for O'side, home of Jay Fidler for football fans out there. (you can tell I'm not by the possible misspelling of his name) even though I'm from RVC I could give you a semi-decent tour of RVC too though

March 05, 2003 06:47AM
riverhead has tanger malls now, and atlantis aquarium (dont go there! theyre so expensive and its not worth it...and the ice cream is sour...) and they have a library, and a jail, and a school (a couple! 4 elementary, pulaski st., the middle school, the high school) ummm they have...main street! and houses! and...umm...nothing else really...nothing good to do in riverhead. all boringness! i have the stores at the mall MEMORIZED cuz its the only thing to do. exit 73 (or 72) off the LIE and youre in RIVERHEAD! yeah my town! hehe yeah ill shut up now on my knowledge of this place...

-Emily

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π